TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fook

The One and Only Smackdown! Thread

Guest Mulatto Heat
Was it disappointing. YES ! But, what were we expecting, an AWESOME match. The match was very good, but not AWESOME like expected.

You're exactly right. It was a very good TV match.

Just not the exceptional, mind-blowing match that was hyped. Which is my beef - but it has been for awhile.

The breaks just killed any flow the match had for me. Why not just run a huge block of commercials beforehand and just have Cole plug products in his commentary.

They tried their best, but it was only about a ***1/2 - ****ish match.

Hogan/Vince was **1/2 in the SK realm of "I dig garbage wrestling with top-tier wrestlers involved".

In reality, it was * - which comes from the Piper run-in and the last nostalgic "Hulk-Up".

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Being a Hogan fan, everyones lucky I didn't say ***** for it. But it was enjoyable for 2 old guys and the crowd was into it.

I placed it between **-*** myself so why not go down the middle of the road instead of the quarter or 3 quarter crap.

I was also very disappointed with how the match went. It was basically just Lesnar stalling earlier in the match with brawling and signature moves from both him and Angle, and it only picked up in the last 7-10 minutes when Angle started working over Lesnar's knee to set him up for the Anglelock.

Unfortunately, I think this proves that heel wrestlers who used to do amateur wrestling SHOULD NOT be put in lengthy matches like Ultimate Submission or Iron Man matches unless they're more experienced because chances are, it'll turn out to be a disappointment like the Angle vs. Benoit Ultimate Submission and tonight's Lesnar vs. Angle Iron Man matches were.

I personally liked HBK-Hart better. I realize many of you hated the headlocks, but I felt they included some innovative variations on not just headlocks but mat wrestling in general. The mat wrestling was a nice transition into the chain wrestling they did. My main complaint over this match was there was little chain wrestling. HBK-Hart was like All Japan, this was just another spot fest. 100 germans only exposes the move.

Bring the Dragon Suplex !

Even that would get overexposed if it was used repeatedly in one match. It's all about changing things up, which WWE is obviously not good at doing.

I wasnt saying it wouldnt.

I just want to see someone use it again. :)

Well, you know how WWE is though whenever Angle or Benoit uses German suplexes: WWE tends to overkill the move by having them do it too much in a match.

Pretty good match, I must say. But it was pretty...bland, at times. This was, in essence, their two prior matches elongated to fill an hour. Nice ending, though, as it keeps both men over, and sets up a rematch.

Pretty good match, I must say. But it was pretty...bland, at times. This was, in essence, their two prior matches elongated to fill an hour. Nice ending, though, as it keeps both men over, and sets up a rematch.

ONLY in the last 7-10 minutes. The rest was shit.

I don't know, but I really didn't care for this match. The opening minutes were nothing but stalling and clubberin. The first fall was a piss-poor re-enactment of the 6-7 falls in the JD match. It would have been better if Cole/Tazz reminded everyone that a similar strategy was used by HHH in the other match (although the net would therefore conclude that HHH is trying to put himself over on SD) instead of playing dumb for five minutes.

The other thing that bugged me was that Angle looked horrible in the match. No, his wrestling performance was fine, but he basically got his ass kicked the majority of the match. Lesnar dominated the first 40 or so minutes with only brief spurts from Angle. It almost seemed like a glorified squash.

Other nitpicks:

-Too many ankle locks

-Ref bump only half way through the match

-Blatant stalling

-NO AMATEUR SEQUENCES

-They both seemed lost at many points during the match

Ok, I'm done complaining. The match wasn't a total waste, but it was certainly the worst of their 3 major encounters. I'd give it **3/4 - ***, but that's it.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

There is NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL this match was better than WM XIX (although I wasn't a big fan of that one either really)

Mania was **** even, MAYBE **** 1/4 if you don't count the ending.

Summerslam...I'd have to watch again because I was fliriting with a bunch of girls and wasn't paying attention. Finish was retarted, but seemed around ***1/4.

This was one was ***1/2, and I doubt I'll change that.

Guest Boo_Bradley
That's such a stupid finish. Brock got the ropes, move should be broken.

See Ric Flair vs Jimmy Garvin GABash 87- Flair grabs the rope, Tommy Young kicks his hand away, says you have to be wrapped in the rope, not touching it.

That's such a stupid finish. Brock got the ropes, move should be broken.

See Ric Flair vs Jimmy Garvin GABash 87- Flair grabs the rope, Tommy Young kicks his hand away, says you have to be wrapped in the rope, not touching it.

Yeah, but look at the hundreds and hundreds of times where the guy touches the rope and is forced to break the hold.

Guest Mulatto Heat

So you can be wrapped in the rope, and even under the rope, but if you're merely 'touching' the rope a hold/pin isn't broken?

That's news to me.

I still can't believe they did that spot again. I thought they learned their lesson from Summerslam.

Guest The Real Nosferatu

Logic in Wrestling. If anyone can solve it WWE will you pay $10,000,000.

Guest Retro Rob

The WWE/F always allows the hold to stay on if the agressor can pull the guy off the ropes within a second or two.