TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cynicalprofit

Anyone else

Guest Plushy Al Logan

I have seen two psychologists, both say that I'm a serious threat to no one but myself.

Depends on what you consider a legit mental disorder.

I have Aspergers Syndrome (or high-functioning autism... whatever you wanna call it.), and some people think it truly hinders one's ability to interpret certain things and ever have complete non-awkward social interaction. Others think an AS diagnosis is just an excuse for parents not to discipline their children and it's a "wannabe Autism".

My sister thinks I've been spoiled because of it, but constantly whines, harasses and siphons money off of my parents while destroying their house with her smoking buddies.

Indeed. This Is what I have and it has caused me numerous problems throughout my life.

A hearty F U to the Doctor that diagnosed me.

Oh and I forgot. I'm an Alcoholic.

I just found I had that ass burger thing today. Now I can use that as an excuse for anything AND everything. "Don't blame me, my ass burger is acting up again."

I had ADHD as a kid, if that means anything.

If you had it as a kid, you still have it now.

I have a small Learning Disorder, if that counts.

I have Aspergers Syndrome (or high-functioning autism... whatever you wanna call it.), and some people think it truly hinders one's ability to interpret certain things and ever have complete non-awkward social interaction. Others think an AS diagnosis is just an excuse for parents not to discipline their children and it's a "wannabe Autism".

My sister thinks I've been spoiled because of it, but constantly whines, harasses and siphons money off of my parents while destroying their house with her smoking buddies.

Indeed. This Is what I have and it has caused me numerous problems throughout my life.

I just found I had that ass burger thing today. Now I can use that as an excuse for anything AND everything. "Don't blame me, my ass burger is acting up again."

Sorry if I offended anyone. I was just kind of annoyed at realizing the checklist described meperfectly and now I'm sort-of autistic.

I prefer to be left alone sometimes, I easily get pissed over certain things (like my annoying 3-year old niece talking too loud whenever my half-sister has my mom to babysit her), I never go to my high school's ballgames, proms, parties, etc., and the majority of things I like to do are mostly at home like playing video games, Internet, watching good wrestling, etc.

What would that make me?  Avoidant, or a mix between that and something else?

You sound normal to me.

Don't assume you're fucked up because you have other interests than 'everyone else.' Whatever makes you happy. Sounds cliche, but its true.

I've always said this, for media success you NEED a slight spark of madness, in fact I think Robin Williams said it and someone had it in their sig. I can't think of one celebrity I respect or idolise that isn't nuts.

Guest Derek Bailey

I've known a few people with Asperger's. The more severe cases can result in the sufferer having no logic behind their opinions and thinking that they win arguments because they say "I'm right."

Hi Johnson.