• Lions
    • Clippers
    • Nuggets
    • Cavs
    • Tigers
    • Mets
    • Expos
    • Other

And that NFL title in 1925 is heavily disputed.

That figures.

I don't really have all the details handy. They profiled it on the news a few years ago, from this pro football team in Pottsville, PA. Apparently the story goes that the pro team played a bunch of games against college teams that the Pro league didn't approve of, and they screwed them out of a title.

If there's a Pro Football Historian in the house, I'd love to hear the whole story.

I heard that as well, just recently. Apparently, Pottsville is making a renewed bid to have their town's title restored.

Pottsville played an exhibition game after the season against a team of all-stars from Notre Dame in Philadelphia, which was the market of another team (Frankford) in the NFL at the time. Frankford protested this, and eventually the NFL essentially stripped Pottsville of its title, and it went to the Chicago Cardinals.

Here's the team website:

http://www.pottsvillemaroons.com/

Baseball: How about the Milwaukee Brewers? Cellar dwellers year after year. They never contend in the American OR National league, apart from Robin Yount they've not had any famously great players (Unless you count the last year of Hank Aaron's career, but that's reaching quite a bit). They've made one series appearance and they lost it, and haven't come close since. All they need to do now is start trotting out physical oddities to pinch hit, and it'll be like the St. Louis Browns have come back to life.

I wouldn't call the Brewers the worst franchise. Believe it or not there the most profitable team in Major League Baseball. Milwaukeans flock to their games cause they have a kick ass park and they can get sloshed.

That's inaccurate. Milwaukee was baseball's most profitable franchise according to Major League Baseball, whose figures are at best slight exaggerations, and at worst malicious lies.

Oh please. Baseball would never, EEEEEHVER, lie about their finances... :)

My vote goes for Hamilton Tigercats of the CFL (hey, Canada is NORTH AMERICA).

Seriously, the Ti-cats have an absolutely stellar team. If they got their shit together and actually played. They've blown everything single game except one (and that was just, eck of a game) and really have just been atrocious to the point that it's amazing the team can even play.

If we are going currently, then unless the Cardinals do something truly idiotic and have played like absolutely SHIT, then yes, they'll get my vote.

For now, it's Hamilton.

Guest BobbyWhioux
That's inaccurate. Milwaukee was baseball's most profitable franchise according to Major League Baseball, whose figures are at best slight exaggerations, and at worst malicious lies.

Especially since this team in particular still has Selig's grimy fingerprints all over it...

Still the Brewers make a shitload of money and always have people come to their ball park even if they haven't made the playoffs in almost two decades....which can't be said about a lot of the teams on the list. Bad franchise? Yes. One of the worst? Nah.

Guest Choken One

I never brought Arizona as a FOOTBALL town...College town? Fuck Yeah...

Cardinals should just relocate to Los Angeles so NFL can get that precious market.

Guest BobbyWhioux
Still the Brewers make a shitload of money and always have people come to their ball park even if they haven't made the playoffs in almost two decades....which can't be said about a lot of the teams on the list. Bad franchise? Yes. One of the worst? Nah.

Okay, so my comparison wasn't accurate. I get the point. Sorry.

I just wanted to be the first person to make a St. Louis Browns reference. :D

Choken One: By the way, I never thought of Arizona as any kind of town at all.

More of a state.

Guest Choken One

But if you want to make a Big Splash you have to abandon the damn history and NO ONE will notice it's absence.

Yeah the Cardinals got history but it's probably the worst history in the NFL.

Back to the Brewers, I was wondering how they sell tickets without having a plus .500 team for about 15 years and I finally figured out how they sell 30,000 tickets a game- the Sausage Races. I love those sons of bitches.

Guest Choken One

That's the idea of multi-purpose venue...It's good time killer, Resturant and day care/playground all in one

I'd say the Detroit Tigers= MLB's Mean Street Posse. The rich kids that are bumbling baffoons. Hell the Mean Street Posse haven't been on the WWF roster for about e years and the Tigers haven't played like a major league baseball team for about 3 years.

We are talking all-time franchise history here?

Baseball: Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Its been over 5 years now, and there is no excuse in this era for a team to be THIS bad since startup.

Look at it this way, since 1977 (with the FA period in full swing) MLB expanded 6 times. By 1983 the Blue Jays were in position to start their great 10 year run, the Mariners were just bumbling untill their turn around in the late 80's-early 90's. Marlins were World Champs in 5 seasons, and the Rockies have maintained decency for most of their 10 seasons. And their expansion mates, the D-Backs have a championship and three divison titles to their credit

I'm not saying the D-Rays should be contenders, and with Pinella in charge, there is a slight glimmer down there, but shoddy management, crappy personel moves have made this franchise the absoulte worst of all 30 MLB franchises in terms of history

Basketball:

Probably Clippers. I'd give them the edge over the Nets...for now

Football:

Arizona Cardinals no doubt. Jets deserve a nod, almost because of how historic and huge their championship was on SO many levels and the fact that they have only played a hand full of AFC championship games since, and won only like 2 AFC East divisons since.

Hockey:

One cup in 58 years. And how the fuck do you miss the playoffs 6 straight years with the highest payroll? Yup, that would be my New York Rangers. Worse than the Whalers/Hurricanes, worse than any of the small market teams, just a sad, pathetic display of how to ruin what should be a "crown jewel" franchise in the NHL.

Steve