TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

San Fran 49ers...

The Niners are my favorite football team, and I finally got them to see them play this week, boy was I disapointed.

First off, their defense looked like it was doing very well. They are young and that has been their weakness in the past few seasons. They came out very strong, blitzing the crap out of Kelly. However by the end of the game, they were just too tired. Peterson missed a key tackle, they weren't rushing as hard, and they just weren't doing that well. It is all because they put too much in the beginning, and not enough at the end.

Second, what's up with their offense? Garcia just wasn't getting it done in the game, zero touchdowns. He never got into the rhythm that he usual gets into. All of the wideouts were doing their jobs, but Jeff wasn't. Plus, they didn't rush it enough at all. They have a GREAT 1-2 punch in Garrison Hearst and Kevan Barlow, but they didn't get the ball enough. I was way too annoyed with this, screaming at them to rush it more.

I just don't like Erickson's coaching. When you come into the league agin 31-33, maybe you should change your system. It doesn't work, so why keep doing it?

The best thing they did was sign Owen, I forgot his last name, their new kicker. He was the only thing that was productive today, 4/4. However that can't win football games all the time.

That kicker's last name is Pochman.

And yeah, Mole, I feel your pain, in this instance, the offense just wasn't getting it done.

IT'S THE CLEVELAND BROWNS FOR FUCK'S SAKE, PUT THEM THE FUCK OUT OF REACH BEFORE THEY GET THE CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING!!!

And what do the 49ers do? They put some shitty coverage on Andre Davis IN THE FUCKING ENDZONE and allow Davis enough room to jump up and catch the ball.

On a positive note, the defense at least played exceptionally well there, for a while.

Hopefully the 49ers bounce back and get the job done in Minnesota next week.

Yes, they need to put the ball in the endzone, but it's kinda hard to do that, with bogus calls (see Fred Beasley's 4 and Goal run. THAT WAS A FUCKING TOUCHDOWN, DAMMIT!) and the offense not doing anything.

Can't give up yet, it's too early!

Guest Salacious Crumb

Well you had a Cleveland D that was pissed about last week's game and they were sure as hell not going to let the 9ers run the ball on the them.

The 9ers biggest mistake was that they left the Browns in the game till the last minute where the Browns always find a way to win.

(clears throat . . . in full JR mode) BROWNS! BROWNS!! BROWNS!!! BROWNS!!!! BROWNS!!!!!

(clears throat) sorry bout that.

Yeah, baby...

BROWNS, bah gawd, BROWNS!

Nice come-from-behind win, but I still say offensive coordinator Bruce Arians should be updating his resume. Their playbook absolutely blows. If it weren't for the defense showing some serious pride this week and not allowing a touchdown, we'd be pissed off about an 0-3 team right now.

As for the Niners, not a nice day for you. You don't score a touchdown with two shots from inside the 1-yard line, you blow a 12-point lead at home in the fourth AND your stadium gets taken over by the West Coast Dawg Pound. Ouch.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Niner's defense is better than thier offense right now. Barlow ain't getting the ball, Garcia is running for his life when he's already injured. Owens is now in Moss mode where every catch he makes is amazing cause there's like 3 guys on him.

To sum up, I blame Erickson.

Of course they also went into puss mode and let the Browns go down the field, but every team does that and I'm tired of bitching about it.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah how about giving Cleveland's D some fucking credit for that game. A defense who received no help from the offense, until the 4th quarter.

How is it when a good offense plays bad, despite playing well before that game the opposing Defense hardly ever gets mentioned by the fans of a team that played bad?

Niner's defense is better than thier offense right now. Barlow ain't getting the ball, Garcia is running for his life when he's already injured. Owens is now in Moss mode where every catch he makes is amazing cause there's like 3 guys on him.

To sum up, I blame Erickson.

Of course they also went into puss mode and let the Browns go down the field, but every team does that and I'm tired of bitching about it.

Everything you said.

I HAVE to bump this thread up.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? 35-0? WHAT THE FUCK?

This game is nothing less of a joke.

And it's pretty fucking pathetic when GUS FREROTTE of all people goes 16 for 19 for 267 yards and FOUR freaking touchdowns and posts a perfect passer rating on your defense.

Just pathetic.

On a brighter note, at least the running game has done SOMETHING. No TDs, but decent production yardage-wise.

5 Oct 5 Detroit - W

6 Oct 12 at Seattle - L

7 Oct 19 Tampa Bay - L

8 Oct 26 at Arizona - W

9 Nov 2 St. Louis - Can't tell

They have a very good chance at going only 3-6 or 4-5 going into their bye week. That wouldn't be good considering their next games are:

Pittsburgh

at Green Bay

at Baltimore

Arizona

at Cincinnati

at Philadelphia

Seattle

5 Oct 5 Detroit - W

6 Oct 12 at Seattle - L

7 Oct 19 Tampa Bay - L

8 Oct 26 at Arizona - W

9 Nov 2 St. Louis - Can't tell

That seems about right.

That Seattle game still has me worried, however.

Especially with Shaun Alexander's thing for posting HUGE games on SNF, and the 49ers recent struggles.