TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

Unforgiven Results and early match ratings...

Guest ManKinnd

And some people spend $200 on a concert ticket when they could just buy the CD for $13. Decisions are decisions, and money to some people is not a big deal.

To order this PPV is not to order this PPV and not order tapes of *precious* puro wrestling. You CAN do both. You act as if we spent our last dollar on this.

It comes down to how much entertainment is worth to you. If you think being mildly entertained for $35 is not a good deal, fine. It's just your rate. Is $7.50 too much for a ticket to a movie that may be bad? Is $20 too much for a used video game you heard was really good? It depends on how much you're willing to spend to be entertained.

And some people spend $200 on a concert ticket when they could just buy the CD for $13. Decisions are decisions, and money to some people is not a big deal.

To order this PPV is not to order this PPV and not order tapes of *precious* puro wrestling. You CAN do both. You act as if we spent our last dollar on this.

It comes down to how much entertainment is worth to you. If you think being mildly entertained for $35 is not a good deal, fine. It's just your rate. Is $7.50 too much for a ticket to a movie that may be bad? Is $20 too much for a used video game you heard was really good? It depends on how much you're willing to spend to be entertained.

Bingo. I'm a WWE fan, I have no problem spending 18 measily dollars for 3 hours of their latest big show, even if it's not projected to be that great, it could suprise me and be really good, if not, o well, there will be future shows. Oh and that's a great point. Im not broke here. If I want to buy a tape I can and will and do in addition. Not neccesarrily puro, that's not something I follow but I guess that makes my choices of entertainment less valid.

Jamming a fork in an electrical socket is potentially physically dangerous.......ordering a PPV does no harm.......great analogy buddy, try again.

But c'mon now Loose, isn't this all just opinion? What is stupid, isn't it? What if it's entertaining? And who are you to tell me what is a great analogy! You can't say that! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! OPINION! OPINION! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! YOU CAN'T! OPINION! I'm sorry, do I sound like an idiot?

Besides would you say ordering a bad MMA (And i watch those too so don't say there arent bad UFC or PRIDE events) is a stupid decision, so in that case how would you like it if someone said it to you?

I wouldn't buy bad MMA events. And if it were bad, I would own up to it. If someone said it was stupid, I would explain why it wasn't rather than crying like a lil opinion bitch. It's a gamble, I think about it, I weigh the options, I look at who's fighting and the potential for a great match. I have reasons for ordering. There were no reasons to order this piece of shit.

Edited by RavishingRickRudo

Which brings me to my next point. If you're a rap fan, and pay 18 dollars for the newest rap cd, and Im a rock fan, how is my argument that you're wasting your money on a shitty product valid? You like rap, I don't. To me, it's not worth my money, to you it's different though.

And even more specific. Im a rock fan, I Metallica fan even. Now, many have said St. Anger is a real shitty cd, especially from a band capable from more. Im a Metallica fan, I make the decision to buy St. Anger, and hey I even like it! Not a great cd, but I find things to enjoy nonetheless. Who are you to say I wasted my money and Im an idiot? No one's forcing you to buy it.

Same deal here.

How am i crying like a bitch....all im saying is i dont think it's right for you to say something is a "Stupid" decision....i'm not saying the card tonight was good cause i didn't enjoy it, nor did i pay anything, but someone shouldnt be put down like that just because they made simple decision to order a PPV.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

Seems like 50% liked it, 50% hated it. I didn't really like it, but I think it was better than it should have been. Anyways...

Dudley Boyz/La Resistance: **1/4. Not bad, the bump that was taken Spike Dudley concussion-style was pretty sick (I think that was Grenier). Nothing great, nothing offensive, good opener.

Test/Steiner: *. Bleh. The only good thing was Stacy's sexy, sexy ass, and that was enough for one star.

HBK/Randy Orton: ***3/4. Match of the night, I was really feeling this for some reason. The psychology was good, Randy's selling impressed me, as did Shawn's actually. Also, good booking, as Randy's win keeps his push going as a legend killer. But who the hell else can he feud with after this?

Trish & Lita/Molly & Gail: *1/4. I marked for the dragon sleeper and the double submission and Trish's sexy, sexy ass, but that's really about it. Lita almost killed herself in the end, which was bad.

Kane/Shane: ***. Good effort, pretty entertaining. This star rating obviously isn't based on the technical stuff, but it was definitely fun to watch, hence three.

Jericho/RVD/Christian: **1/2. Not bad, but it could have been better. And what was up with the ***** Frog Splash onto the 69'ed Jericho and Christian? Shouldn't that have been considered a pinning predicament?

Coach & Al Snow/JR & Jerry Lawler: 1/4*, all for Jericho and the heel win.

HHH/Goldberg: 3/4*. Pretty bad, with absolutely no emotion.

So there it is.

How am i crying like a bitch....all im saying is i dont think it's right for you to say something is a "Stupid" decision....i'm not saying the card tonight was good cause i didn't enjoy it, nor did i pay anything, but someone shouldnt be put down like that just because they made simple decision to order a PPV.

It's because it eats away at him that some people have no problem spending some money and enjoying a show while he wasted 3 hours refreshing his browser and searching for an illegal feed, so he could justify how bad a show was that he didn't even see.

If you spent $20 on a CD full of babies crying, people farting, and deaf people singing horribly off-key, then it's a stupid decision and you wasted your money.

That's what Unforgiven was.

Actually, I don't think that was the equivalent at all! And being that I saw the show and you didn't, I feel I'm more qualified to critique! One very good match, 2 or 3 decent ones and the rest average.

You know....the biggest gripe I had from this card.....and for some reason it really got under my skin, was the fact that Kane didnt BEAT Shane MCmahon. He won the match, but it was like he barely survived and didnt do anything to win it as Shane lost because of a fuckup on his own part.........Was anyone else bothered about this?

If you spent $20 on a CD full of babies crying, people farting, and deaf people singing horribly off-key, then it's a stupid decision and you wasted your money.

That's what Unforgiven was.

Dude, you didn't even see it. You sound like an elitist idiot. In my opinion, of course.

I didn't search for the feed. I only have 28k, so I wouldn't get it even if I wanted. I was on here once in a while to check out what was happening while doing school work - I'm a smark, I like to know how poorly/how well they book things and see how they'd play out and see peoples reactions to it. I certainly wasn't because I secretly wanted to see the show.

I didn't search for the feed. I only have 28k, so I wouldn't get it even if I wanted. I was on here once in a while to check out what was happening while doing school work - I'm a smark, I like to know how poorly/how well they book things and see how they'd play out and see peoples reactions to it. I certainly wasn't because I secretly wanted to see the show.

Well, there you go, you just admitted you wanted to see reactions to the show, namely negative ones because of your own preconcieved notions. When you saw some positive ones, you couldn't take it.

Let me again clarify, this was not a good show, but it was not bad either and I had no problem ordering it since Im a wrestling fan who's intentions are to watch a big show in hopes of seeing some good action, not "a smark...(who) like(s) to know how poorly...they book things and see people's reactions to it."

Dude, you ordered the show and I didn't, that makes me more qualified as I had enough sense to avoid it.

If there was any doubt that you were just spewing elitist nonsense attacks, there's no doubt now.

Elite: The group or part of a group selected or regarded as the finest, best, most distinguished, most powerful, etc.

How is me saying "Don't buy shit" saying "Only buy Best"? You drew your own connections there, skip. Might want to re-examine your thought process when forming that opinion... yes, I know, you might actually have to think before forming it.

Elite: The group or part of a group selected or regarded as the finest, best, most distinguished, most powerful, etc.

How is me saying "Don't buy shit" saying "Only buy Best"? You drew your own connections there, skip. Might want to re-examine your thought process when forming that opinion... yes, I know, you might actually have to think before forming it.

You are elitist because you are telling people that their opinions are wrong. Simple as that.

You, know what I'm tired. I don't think I have anything else to add. We both presented our arguments, let the people decide.

In closing: I, a wrestling fan with nothing else to do tonight, chose to order a wrestling show that I expected to be average with my own money, got about what I expected, and even enjoyed some of it. I don't think that qualifies me as an idiot.

Side conclusion: Since I actually viewed the show in question, my opinions of the show are more valid than from someone who did not view the show (you can make the same claim for movies, music, etc.)

Normally I'm quite negative about the WWE, but I actually really enjoyed this match and thought everything, minus the announcer's match, was good or at least better than it had any right to be.

Dudleyz/Resistance & Conway: **

Test/Steiner: *1/2

HBK/Orton: ***

Lita/Trish v. Molly/Gail: **1/2

Kane/McMahon: ***3/4

Jericho/RVD/Christian: ****

Announcer Match: 1/2*

HHH/Goldberg: **1/2

Well, there you go, you just admitted you wanted to see reactions to the show, namely negative ones because of your own preconcieved notions. When you saw some positive ones, you couldn't take it.

No, I couldn't understand why people would order this show... as I stated on page 1. I don't give much worth to any ones opinions on who purchased the show, as they actually purchased the show - as I said in another thread before, and in this thread now. Dispite not putting much worth in what was said, I wanted to know how people responded - that's what I do. "Casual Fans" aren't the only people who should be looked at when examining a PPV's success and how things "work". I like to look at these things, as I have an interest in both the artistic, the technical, and the business side of wrestling. I am also mystified at how people can have such unreasonably low standards and how they settle for such crap like Unforgiven. But I'm also "elitist" in not accepting the lowest of the low, so whatever.

Let me again clarify, this was not a good show, but it was not bad either and I had no problem ordering it since Im a wrestling fan who's intentions are to watch a big show in hopes of seeing some good action,

Justify that hope. How could you not have a problem ordering a PPV with so much crap on it when your money and time could have gone to millions of better things. Uncreative? Are you confined to a locked room with only a computer infront of you and a credit card? Shit, even then you could have done a million better things

not "a smark...(who) like(s) to know how poorly...they book things and see people's reactions to it."

Yes, that's right, you say that you're not a "a smark...(who) like(s) to know how poorly...they book things and see people's reactions to it." You say, "I wasted my money and Im an idiot"

Side conclusion: Since I actually viewed the show in question, my opinions of the show are more valid than from someone who did not view the show (you can make the same claim for movies, music, etc.)

Cognitive Dissonance is a post-purchase anxiety people go through where they want to be told that they made the right decision - where they want justification. I find that when I go to see a movie in the theatres that I want that movie to do well in the box office and with critics. So that my decision can be given worth. I have a certain bias towards that film because I gave it my time and money. So it's not exactly the most objective of things.

Again, I don't feel like arguing anymore. I find it funny though that your interested in hearing opinions of the show, but not from those who actually ordered it. So in other words you just want to hear negative opinions. Ok.

Oh, and I'm not "settling" for anything. I order NWA-TNA every week and buy tapes every so often too. I do have a job, not an allowance you know...

I'm expiriencing no dissonance. I never said it was a good show. I did like much of it though. My main problem was not the quality of the show but your elitist critisism of those who didn't mind ordering it. I'm a communications major by the way, thanks for the review ;)