TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
brokentusk16

Is Magnavox a good brand for portable CD players?

Guest El Satanico

It's probably as good as the RCA and any other low priced mass produced portable CD player.

Most of these brands use the same components and just slap on different brand names.

Edited by El Satanico

Guest El Satanico

I have no clue...I haven't used one in nearly ten years.

It's all about portable mp3 players now.

It's a real crap shoot with cheap products. I had one that broke 5 times in the first year before I chucked it because the warranty is up. I've got another that I've been using off and on for 5 years without trouble. The only real thing to say is if it works, count yourself lucky, if it don't work, you get what you paid for.

Guest El Satanico

$30 isn't that cheap for a portable CD player now. Most except for Sony are $30 - 60.

Unless it's a total off brand name you've never heard of, it's no big deal. People just have the habit of thinking anything not considered a major brand is poor quality.

I got a Lennox Sound portable CD player in late 1999. It was pretty cheap I remember--20 bucks or so. It skips now and then, but it's not a big deal to me.

Last week I dropped it and the lid came off. I snapped it back in place--and it still works great. ^_^