TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shanghai Kid

Randy Moss vs TO

After smoking the 49'ers for 3 Tds and 172 yards, did anyones opinion on the best reciever in the NFL change?

It was hyped up all week, as Moss vs Owens, in their first ever encounter, but who knew it would be so one sided? Moss had one of the best games of his career, and TO not only had a horrible game, but by the end of it he wasn't even 'trying'.

Who is better in your mind?

Guest Choken One

What?

Marvin Harrison.

Might not be off to a great start but still has Moss and Cockshot Owens beat in the "BEST" department.

Guest Choken One

Yeah but Harrison has the complete package...He might not have the speed of Moss or the Muscle of Owens but he has a complete overall package.

Guest Salacious Crumb

TO b/c he at least tries on every play.

Moss was dogging it last week and it showed.

Guest Choken One
Yeah but Harrison has the complete package...He might not have the speed of Moss or the Muscle of Owens but he has a complete overall package.

Just what is that complete package?

A combnation of Good Speed, Good Hands and No Ego.

Harrison for all his accomplishments should be a Selfish and Egomanaical freak but he isn't...

Guest Choken One
TO b/c he at least tries on every play.

Moss was dogging it last week and it showed.

How so? T.O himself said "I wasn't trying"

Guest Salacious Crumb

Any game I've ever seen Owens is trying. Granted I haven't seen too many 9er games this year so maybe that's changed.

But Moss last week was dogging it and most of last year he was. Remember when he took himself out of a game agains the Lions when it was still close? At least I think it was the Lions.

Apparently TO wasn't trying in the Vikings game as he didn't even run off the line of scrimmage, and yelled at all his teammates.

A mature Randy Moss is a scary Randy Moss.

Another candidate for best reciever is Lavernious Coles, he's quickly moving up there.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Coles is just scarey when you consider he hasn't played the receiver position for very long.

Just what is that complete package?

A combnation of Good Speed, Good Hands and No Ego.

Harrison for all his accomplishments should be a Selfish and Egomanaical freak but he isn't...

No ego isn't part of the package. Michael Jordan had one of the biggest egos ever...all truly great players have an ego, one that makes them demand the ball in critical situations.

And you'd think Harrison, for all his accomplishments, would at least have a playoff win...or even a decent playoff performance. I'd take either Owens or Moss before Harrison in the playoffs.

Actually I think Moss has had the better stats during the last 4 seasons, but I'll have to look that up.

Also, think about this, Moss has been consistent through a few QB's. He had an old Randel Cunningham, Jeff George, a rookie Dante, and now Gus Ferotte, and he still gets the good stats no matter who the QB is.

Guest Flyboy

T.O. simply because Moss said, "I play when I want to" on his ESPN Sportscenter Sunday Conversation.

How so?

TO's accomplished more in fewer games.

Which means he's more of an injury/suspension concern. You have to keep on the field. And 500 yards extra more than makes up for two extra scores.