TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

25 most UNDERrated games of all time

Well, the size of the serious/tournament community is totally unrelated to the number of people that buy the game. Games like GGXX or CvS2, where the tournament community is huge yet the sales are terrible, indicate that the game is underrated. If serious players love it and the masses ignore it, that's underrated. With VF4, the game actually sold relatively well, better than any 2D fighter has sold in ages, but the tournament level players just didn't care about it. If the serious players are playing it but not getting into it, it indicates that there's something wrong with the game itself, not that it's underrated.

Pppfft...where the hell is my Fighting Vipers 2? Get off your lazy re-make, port-happy asses already Sega and make it!!

Fighting Vipers = very underrated.

Do you mean a PS2/GC/Xbox port because it was released on the Dreamcast ages ago, and its not a fraction as good as the original.

Guest Sakura
Let's say Yuna's opinion was COMPLETELY UNBIASED and definitely correct, and TTT is better than VF4. Since Yuna doesn't believe that Tekken is overrated, something that's good enough to at least be comparable would be underrated if the actual number of players of it in the US is relatively small. Correct?

No. I am talking about the hardcore scene. The real serious players. People that go beyond saying "it's just so deep", "Kumite is so deep!" and really get into it, learn the game, follow or even join the tournament scene. This group is small, so Tekken being big with them doesn't really mean much in the long run, especially when everyone in the press is constantly hyping up VF4 and bashing Tekken.

My point is that for all the hype about how deep VF is it hasn't translated to a a large high level community.

And I'm not Yuna, though it would be cool if I was. I could summon creatures and sing & dance.

Pppfft...where the hell is my Fighting Vipers 2?  Get off your lazy re-make, port-happy asses already Sega and make it!!

Fighting Vipers = very underrated.

Do you mean a PS2/GC/Xbox port because it was released on the Dreamcast ages ago, and its not a fraction as good as the original.

Okay, to amend my prior post, a FV3 that doesn't suck released stateside on a major console.

And I'm not Yuna, though it would be cool if I was. I could summon creatures and sing & dance.

Doh, my bad. It was late. :P Sorry, wrong reference to a female poster that loves bishonen and has at one time used Yuna as an avatar. However could I get mixed up?

Seriously, though, my sincerest apologies for the mix-up.

My point is that for all the hype about how deep VF is it hasn't translated to a a large high level community.

Alright, point made. I don't get quite why, though. However, I think both games are technically on about the same level.

Edited by AndrewTS

Guest NCJ

Where the Hell is Nights, Shining Force 3, and Dragon Force 1 and 2 for the Sega Saturn.

Where the Hell is Nights, Shining Force 3, and Dragon Force 1 and 2 for the Sega Saturn.

Nights got great reviews and sold well for a saturn game.