TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

What a Load of...

These situations just make me shake my head. Too many white people are so jumpy about offending black people because they know some idiotic "black leader" (Jackson/Sharpton scum) will be all over them for the smallest thing.

I recommend reading Larry Elder's "The Ten Things You Can't Say In America". The first couple chapters deal with race issues better than anything I've read.

McNabb has not been overrated as an athlete, playmaker, or player in general.  As far as being overrated as a pure QB, yes, I would say so.  He is in a slump right now, but it is more than just this season.  Donovan has shown repeatidly that he is not comfortable being a pocket passer.  He doesn't want but NEEDS to be able to move around in the pocket/backfield in order to have any kind of flow.  McNabb is a playmaker, no one denies that, but as a pure QB, he is slightly overrated methinks.

Now as far as what Rush said, I think he was offbase.  If Anything the media should be hyping McNair if they want a "great black QB" to shine.  If Rush is basing his opinion on the fact that McNabb is black, then would he also step up and say players like Sehorn and Urlacher are overrated simply because they are white?

I don't agree with whatLimbaugh that McNabb isn't that great to begin with. I believe that's what he said. However, would it kill the media to maybe look and see if they do want a black QB to succeed? Instead of dismissing the comments has racist and narrow minded. Why not look into the comments, and see if theres any truth to the comments.

Tom Jackson needs to go. He's been around way too long, and Countdown is him saying how great everyone is.

It goes without saying that the comments had no truth to them which is why it brought on such a backlash. Basically, the league when through this black QB thing a long time ago and had moved on, then Rush felt the need to drag everyone back to that moment.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Am I alone in thinking that Rush Limbaugh is a flabby tool who has no business being on tv, let alone a sports program? That comment was completely asinine, and had no basis in fact.

Guest MikeSC
McNabb has not been overrated as an athlete, playmaker, or player in general. As far as being overrated as a pure QB, yes, I would say so. He is in a slump right now, but it is more than just this season. Donovan has shown repeatidly that he is not comfortable being a pocket passer. He doesn't want but NEEDS to be able to move around in the pocket/backfield in order to have any kind of flow. McNabb is a playmaker, no one denies that, but as a pure QB, he is slightly overrated methinks.

Now as far as what Rush said, I think he was offbase. If Anything the media should be hyping McNair if they want a "great black QB" to shine. If Rush is basing his opinion on the fact that McNabb is black, then would he also step up and say players like Sehorn and Urlacher are overrated simply because they are white?

There's no need to mention that Sehorn is overrated as EVERYBODY says he is.

Urlacher isn't overrated, but there is NOBODY else on D on that team, so he's kinda screwed.

McNabb is overrated. He's nothing special. But the press (and, again, the sports media is as cravenly PC as humanly possible) treats him as if he is the second coming.

He's an OK QB (and, no matter what Cris Collinsworth says), I would NOT want him to be the main QB on my team. He's not a good spokesman and he's hardly the best QB out there.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
I think it would have been funny if somone on ESPN came back with a comment about how Rush was a shitty political commentator but overrated because the conservative media needed to push a white man as their top mouthpiece. They should have also had Chris Berman do an impersonation of Vince McMahon's "YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIRED!" line.

It might have been funny --- except that Rush basically saved talk radio from extinction and did a lot to cause the GOP Congressional sweep in 1994.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
Am I alone in thinking that Rush Limbaugh is a flabby tool who has no business being on tv, let alone a sports program? That comment was completely asinine, and had no basis in fact.

The IRONIC part about THIS comment is that you have no problem with Berman, who is REALLY tubby and useless, being on that show.

-=Mike

Guest Ronixis
McNabb has not been overrated as an athlete, playmaker, or player in general.  As far as being overrated as a pure QB, yes, I would say so.  He is in a slump right now, but it is more than just this season.  Donovan has shown repeatidly that he is not comfortable being a pocket passer.  He doesn't want but NEEDS to be able to move around in the pocket/backfield in order to have any kind of flow.  McNabb is a playmaker, no one denies that, but as a pure QB, he is slightly overrated methinks.

Now as far as what Rush said, I think he was offbase.  If Anything the media should be hyping McNair if they want a "great black QB" to shine.  If Rush is basing his opinion on the fact that McNabb is black, then would he also step up and say players like Sehorn and Urlacher are overrated simply because they are white?

There's no need to mention that Sehorn is overrated as EVERYBODY says he is.

Urlacher isn't overrated, but there is NOBODY else on D on that team, so he's kinda screwed.

McNabb is overrated. He's nothing special. But the press (and, again, the sports media is as cravenly PC as humanly possible) treats him as if he is the second coming.

He's an OK QB (and, no matter what Cris Collinsworth says), I would NOT want him to be the main QB on my team. He's not a good spokesman and he's hardly the best QB out there.

-=Mike

OH MY GOD I HATE THAT FUCKING Cris Collinsworth! HE IS SUCH A FUCKING TOOL!

SHUT THIS FUCKER UP FOR ONCE PLEASE!

That was the only thing that was wrong in that whole game- fucking prick...does anybody give a fuck about what you need to say you fucking NBC reject?

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :throwup:

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah I really didn't get all the McNabb love during that game when he was struggling.

Also they were trying to hype up that Ramsey was more injured than he was after a big hit.

Am I alone in thinking that Rush Limbaugh is a flabby tool who has no business being on tv, let alone a sports program?  That comment was completely asinine, and had no basis in fact.

The IRONIC part about THIS comment is that you have no problem with Berman, who is REALLY tubby and useless, being on that show.

-=Mike

But if not for Chris who will ESPN get to come up with all those witty names for athletes?...

Well with the Eagles at 2-2 and McNabb having 1 quality game and 1 good one to basically CARRY them there and the Defense sucking various types of dick right now, you have to admit that the guy can carry this team.

There was a tough start...one against the SUPER BOWL CHAMPS and the other against the pats. You can't put the wins on the D at all now.

Strange -- he's playing better and the weather is getting colder.

Doesn't this go against everything Racist Dusty said?...

I don't get the thing with you and Dusty though. if anything, he insulted black players. And Dusty was obviously joking through his laughing at his own bad joke the whole time he was talking. Rush was DEAD ASS SERIOUS.

Guest Salacious Crumb

McNabb's stats for the year:

Passer Rating: 51.3

71 of 141 for 664 yds. with 1 TD and 5 INTs.

Also an interesting career stat is that McNabb's rushed for 2058 yds. while losing 1003 yds. to sacks. So for every 2 yds. he gains rushing he loses 1 for a sack.

EDIT: Kordell Stewart is the only starting QB with a worse passer rating.

McNabb's stats for the year:

Passer Rating: 51.3

71 of 141 for 664 yds. with 1 TD and 5 INTs.

Also an interesting career stat is that McNabb's rushed for 2058 yds. while losing 1003 yds. to sacks. So for every 2 yds. he gains rushing he loses 1 for a sack.

Its amazing that noone came out saying he was overrated, had gained too much weight or started calling for for his backup to come in after a start like that. Must be because he is black.

The defense isn't sucking anything. They have been terrific against the run and while giving up yards they have played great against the pass as well.

Aren't they ranked 31st against the pass? I think thats what they are.

I mean, its understandable that they are not playing great on D due to free agency and the ENTIRE secondary being injured, but they are sucking quite greatly every since the week one game against Tampa (where they played damn well).

Guest Salacious Crumb

I don't care about the Eagles to be honest. I'm just pointing out his stats.

He's having a slow start but people need to stop kissing his ass (Collinsworth) when he's not having a great game.

If anything Westbrook is carrying the offense right now. Although I don't get why he's still splitting time with Staley.

They are ranked that low in passing stats because teams are throwing against them 50 times a game. I don't care how good of a defense you are, if someone throws 50 times they aren't getting less than 250 yards.

The defense won that game yesterday. And the defense kept them in the game at Buffalo until Westbrook came up big. The secondary hasn't given up any big plays, and there is nothing more you can ask for out of young kids.

I don't care about the Eagles to be honest. I'm just pointing out his stats.

He's having a slow start but people need to stop kissing his ass (Collinsworth) when he's not having a great game.

If anything Westbrook is carrying the offense right now. Although I don't get why he's still splitting time with Staley.

I mean, you'll always have a guy or two fellating their favorite guy. But lets not pretend that Donavan wasn't catching every kind of criticism (and deservedly so) after his week one and two performances.

But apparently all that criticism he was getting didn't really exist and I was just hearing and seeing things since the media wants to coddle their black QB's.

They are ranked that low in passing stats because teams are throwing against them 50 times a game. I don't care how good of a defense you are, if someone throws 50 times they aren't getting less than 250 yards.

The defense won that game yesterday. And the defense kept them in the game at Buffalo until Westbrook came up big. The secondary hasn't given up any big plays, and there is nothing more you can ask for out of young kids.

You mean except for the big plays they gave up yesterday? As a matter of fact, almost the only way I have seen people score on them has been big plays.

They aren't Falcon defense bad or anything, but they aren't "Carry the team" good. If anything, they are mediocre.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I honestly haven't heard much, but then the Eagles aren't talked about much where I live.

Mostly what I've heard was oh the first couple of games were flukes he'll be back. Just a lot of excuses for him.

I have yet to hear that he's struggled since coming back from injury and an honest look at what effects it still might be having.

What big plays? Until the end of the third quarter the only big play they had was a Coles screen pass.

If it wasn't for John Hall having a great day, this game isn't even close. And on that last drive they were dead. You could feel the wind being let out of their sails after that ridiculous on sides kick. And they just fell asleep on that last TD, thinking they were going to spike it.

So all I can think of is a couple big plays, one of which led to nothing and the other a mistake (not poor performance). And if that secondary wasn't terrific in the first half then I have never seen a terrific secondary ever.

Edit: The Coles screen led to a field goal. The drive went 37 yards, that play was 30. So they allowed one good play, then shut them down.

Edited by the pinjockey

I don't get the thing with you and Dusty though. if anything, he insulted black players. And Dusty was obviously joking through his laughing at his own bad joke the whole time he was talking. Rush was DEAD ASS SERIOUS.

I never really liked Dusty, and I was laughing when the Angles won the World Series last year and that little brat in the Giants dugout was crying. However, I said my peace about the situation when it happened and I largely forgot about it.

However, if ESPN is going to act like they did regarding Rush's situation -- I still can't get over T.J.'s stupid "kid" quote -- then I am going to bring up Racist Dusty's remarks.

Oh, and look who won Game 5 for him in the cold. Maybe Racist Dusty has a point...

What big plays? Until the end of the third quarter the only big play they had was a Coles screen pass.

If it wasn't for John Hall having a great day, this game isn't even close. And on that last drive they were dead. You could feel the wind being let out of their sails after that ridiculous on sides kick. And they just fell asleep on that last TD, thinking they were going to spike it.

So all I can think of is a couple big plays, one of which led to nothing and the other a mistake (not poor performance). And if that secondary wasn't terrific in the first half then I have never seen a terrific secondary ever.

Thats quite a few "except for's" That last touchdown was a perfect example of just plain being out of position. And honestly, if not for Ramsey throwing the ball to the little kid in the stands on the last 2 point conversion, the game is tied.

I give you this, for a extremely young secondary, they are going to be INCREDIBLE. As of now, they are playing well. But not good enough for anyone to be claiming that the D is carrying this team. They certainly aren't giving the offense great field position, which is the main way that a D can carry a team.

I never really liked Dusty, and I was laughing when the Angles won the World Series last year and that little brat in the Giants dugout was crying. However, I said my peace about the situation when it happened and I largely forgot about it.

However, if ESPN is going to act like they did regarding Rush's situation -- I still can't get over T.J.'s stupid "kid" quote -- then I am going to bring up Racist Dusty's remarks.

Oh, and look who won Game 5 for him in the cold. Maybe Racist Dusty has a point...

Oh, come on, T.J.'s comment will go down as one of the more comical moments in recent sports brodcast history.

How can you say the D didn't win that game yesterday?

McNabb handed them the ball on the one yard line, and the D almost stopped them. Four field goals and then they fell asleep for a drive. And lets not forget that the INT return for a TD turned that game around, because the momentum was all Skins at that point.

Oh, come on, T.J.'s comment will go down as one of the more comical moments in recent sports brodcast history.

Too bad he was dead ass serious as well. Although I didn't see the segment, I can't imagine he said what he did in a joking manner. MikeSC -- was he joking when he said it?...