TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

Awesome, Maximos gone from MLW

From 1wrestling:

Mike Awesome and Jose and Joel Maximo are all gone from the promotion. The promotion has opted not to book Awesome, who briefly held their championship, due to conduct issues stemming from a 9/18 bout with Samoa Joe. I do know that after the match Awesome stormed backstage and was screaming. The promotion wasn't happy with the consistency of his in-ring work as well.

In the case of the Maximos, who were in the midst of a huge push, MLW was unhappy with trying to get the Maximos to commit and remain committed to scheduling for their TV show's production. After several instances of being forced to reschedule production staff and spend additional funds on post-production when there were issues with the Maximos, the promotion opted to cut bait rather than continue the pattern.

There are plans for Samoa Joe (known in MLW as Samoa Joe Sea) to team with All Japan Pro Wrestling's Taiyo Kea once Kea returns to the ring from his torn ACL in January. The pair are scheduled to team in MLW's second annual Global Tag Team Crown tournament.

New York City area worker Matt Stryker will be going under the moniker "Modern Marvel" Matt Martel in the promotion.

Former WWE announcer Kevin Kelly started work with the promotion this week in studio as they produced their TV. Kelly will be officially debuting on camera at the promotion's 10/24 event in Jacksonville, Florida headlined by Steve Corino vs. Terry Funk in a dog collar match for the MLW championship. Also scheduled for that show is Barry Windham's first singles bout for the promotion, and the debuts of Teddy Hart, The Head Hunters, and Super Porky.

New York City area worker Matt Stryker will be going under the moniker "Modern Marvel" Matt Martel in the promotion.

Screw that moron, Mike Johnson. I broke that in my column on NHB three weeks ago. Having met him, I can truly say that he's a moron on the net and in reality.

Edited by LucharesuFan619

Guest MikeJohnson

Dear Jonathan Barber,

I find it interesting that you claim to have broken the Awesome/Maximo story three weeks ago in your column on NHB. Perhaps you called Doc Brown and traveled back in time to post these stories, as the Awesome decision was made and announced today to me in a conversation with MLW owner Court Bauer and MLW announced that the Maximos were dropped on 10/10 by the promotion's Andy Vineberg. The reasoning behind the firing of the Maximos wasn't made publicly clear by Bauer to anyone until the same conversation today.

So how in the world did you break the story three weeks ago?

I also find it laughable that you are saying that *I* stole the report from you when the prime contributor of your "Let me cut and paste from everywhere on the Internet" report is listed as 1Wrestling.com. In the same report on 10/10 I see two prime pieces of MLW information:

*The injury to Matt Stryker

*Why Damien 666 and Halloween missed the Ft. Lauderdale event in September

that were copied directly from my live play by play report from when I was in Lauderdale covering the show for 1Wrestling.com. I suppose you were also in Lauderdale three weeks before me and broke that information first as well?

I suppose all the International-related notes that are in your column that I broke in mine just happened to appear in yours as well three weeks before me?

Barber, you can run your mouth all you want, but the fact of the matter remains that you have been banned from numerous message boards including Socal and CZWFans, you are regularly slighted on the DVDR board for your endless shilling of all things XPW-related, you are nothing more than a little brat who cuts and pastes and leeches off other's work, and you simply thought you were going to be cute and insult me here because you're angry that on one fateful night in Fairfield, CT, I walked over to you, sat down next to you, and to your face told you what I thought of you: that you're an asshole.

Sincerely,

Mike Johnson

PS Next time you want to post "Fuck that shithead, Mike Johnson. I broke that in my column on NHB three weeks ago. Having met him, I can truly say that he's a moron on the net and in reality," at least have the balls online to leave it up there, not to edit it and come off like an even bigger coward hiding behind a keyboard. Guess you can't help being what you are though.

Going back to the topic at hand, while I usually dislike it when MLW and other promotions rename workers, I like it here. I know that I get confused with there being two Matt Strykers (or Strikers, or whatever) being around, as I can't remember which one is unibrow guy and which one is the other one. Renaming whichever Matt Stryker MLW has grabbed isn't that bad an idea. The name sucks, but that's another matter.

And I guess we're due for another Barber vs. the World pissfest.

Of course, based on Mike Johnson's response, plus the fact that he was willing to let me onto the TOD2 bustrip (which I wasn't able to take him up upon) on literally last minute notice, and that I've got a ton of these I need to post...

20462760.jpg

Heh, Kinda reminds of when a friend of mine had a Mini-feud with Mike Johnson on the Old Strictly ECW Board circa 2001. MKJ shouldn't get so bothered by net fans.

Anyway, Is it just me or has Mike Awesome really became useless since he left ECW? Everything he's done since has just been "eh". That Awesome-Tanaka match from MLW was so subpar it was sad.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

It's gotta be because of injuries. Even though he wasn't that active in WWE, he got a couple of REALLY bad leg injuries while he was there IIRC.

I also find it laughable that you are saying that *I* stole the report from you when the prime contributor of your "Let me cut and paste from everywhere on the Internet" report is listed as 1Wrestling.com. In the same report on 10/10 I see two prime pieces of MLW information:

*The injury to Matt Stryker

*Why Damien 666 and Halloween missed the Ft. Lauderdale event in September

that were copied directly from my live play by play report from when I was in Lauderdale covering the show for 1Wrestling.com. I suppose you were also in Lauderdale three weeks before me and broke that information first as well?

I suppose all the International-related notes that are in your column that I broke in mine just happened to appear in yours as well three weeks before me?

Barber, you can run your mouth all you want, but the fact of the matter remains that you have been banned from numerous message boards including Socal and CZWFans, you are regularly slighted on the DVDR board for your endless shilling of all things XPW-related, you are nothing more than a little brat who cuts and pastes and leeches off other's work, and you simply thought you were going to be cute and insult me here because you're angry that on one fateful night in Fairfield, CT, I walked over to you, sat down next to you, and to your face told you what I thought of you: that you're an asshole.

Sincerely,

Mike Johnson

PS Next time you want to post "Fuck that shithead, Mike Johnson. I broke that in my column on NHB three weeks ago. Having met him, I can truly say that he's a moron on the net and in reality," at least have the balls online to leave it up there, not to edit it and come off like an even bigger coward hiding behind a keyboard. Guess you can't help being what you are though.

Just read his pitiful response now. I dont have time to respond now, but I will later.

ALL HAIL THE CUBS, BIYOTCH!

Guest MikeJohnson

Since Mr. Barber wants to call my response pitiful, what IS pitiful is his claim he reported things "Three weeks ago in his NHB column." Let's look shall we?

http://noholdsbarredwrestling.com/columns/.../67930629.shtml

http://noholdsbarredwrestling.com/columns/.../67239472.shtml

http://noholdsbarredwrestling.com/columns/.../66791439.shtml

http://noholdsbarredwrestling.com/columns/.../66027533.shtml

There are the last four weeks of John's cut & pasted articles. The one posted THIS WEEK mentions the SATs without any reason for their dismissal. No mention of Awesome anywhere, but tons of news lifted off 1Wrestling and other sites. So much for pitiful.

The fact of the matter is Barber does not like me because he asked me to take part in an article about the history of the ECW Arena via e-mail without identifying himself. I agreed, but told him I was in the middle of moving so it would take time for me to get back to him. Then, I realized through reading a flamewar on a message board that the email address was the same as Barber. Not wanting to be associated in any way, shape, or form with him, as well as not wanting to be in a position where my words could be miscontrued by someone I didn't trust on reputation, I told him I wasn't going to participate. He began emailing and IMing me in an insulting fashion, leading to me looking for him at the ROH show mentioned above, and sitting down next to him, as he held his pad and pen in his quivering little hands, and told him what I thought of him, and walked away. The comment above was his little way of attempting to regain what little manhood he must think I robbed of him or something. Whatever.

And for those who think I am exaggerating about Mr. Barber, check out this thread from CZWFANS.com:

http://www.czwfans.com/board/viewtopic.php...ighlight=barber

I don't mind criticism of my work or 1Wrestling.com or anything else (that's what MBs are for) but when someone is going to insult and attack me when they are weaseling their way around on the work of others, I'll always set the record straight.

Mike Johnson

I didn't. Nor did I ever state that I did.

Maybe if you had bothered to read my post, you'd see that I solely quoted the part about Stryker, nothing about the Maximos or Awesome. I initially quoted the entire thing, so you may have seen that and *presumed* wrongly, which wouldn't surprise me. You still seem to be insisting that I was pointing to all of the news items, as is evident by your post right above me that was made within the last few hours. If you had bothered to read my post, you'd see I was only referring to Stryker.

Who's the doofus, now? You've wasted an hour or more solely on trying to prove that I never posted these items when in fact I never claimed that I did. And it all happened b/c of your unwillingness to scroll up a few lines and check out my initial post. How about you use your time more efficiently? And to think that youre trying to paint me as an idiot...

I also find it laughable that you are saying that *I* stole the report from you when the prime contributor of your "Let me cut and paste from everywhere on the Internet" report is listed as 1Wrestling.com.[/quOte]

As is not surprising to me, your logic has quite a few visible holes. According to you, my reports can't be credible unless I nabbed them by myself and didnt borrow them from other web sites. You should know better. You practice the same thing at 1W, by posting stuff other reporters learn, rather than yourself.

The difference between you and me in this situation is that I GIVE CREDIT to my sources, as YOU even admitted. You, however, refused to credit me as being the first to post on the net (To my knowledge; correct me if Im wrong) that Stryker was going by the new name. I posted it on NHB THREE WEEKS before MLW.com announced his new alias. And you posted it about four weeks later, and to add to that, didn't bother to give credit.

How about you stop living in the past? Youre a pathetic human being. You proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt when I met you. The difference between you and me is that I learn from my mistakes. Rather than continuing to bitch at guys that have banned me from forums in the past, I've shrugged them off and gone my separate way. You, however, as I stated in my emailsm failed to internalize any of the advice I gave you and continue to act like a nasty, immature, and inconsiderate child.

The ironic thing is that I'm younger than you, and yet I'm not the one who's doing the flaming here. See a message there?

Now, I'd appreciate that next time when you take info from me, you credit me. I do that with Bob Magee, even though I disagree with a lot of what he says. Be happy I credited 1W in my columns, unlike you did w/ me.

you simply thought you were going to be cute and insult me here because you're angry that on one fateful night in Fairfield, CT, I walked over to you, sat down next to you, and to your face told you what I thought of you: that you're an asshole.

I like the way you change the whole story around. What you failed to mention is my response to you where I lambasted you for the constant shit you start. It didnt surprise me that you never returned to me that night, despite constantly looking over my way during the show. Nor does it surprise me that you changed the whole story around.

Learn to accept responsibility for things. You started a war with me over email and refused to accept what you got in return b/c you knew you were wrong.

Now, please stop invading this board w/ needless posts. We know you rarely post here as it is. No need to come here just to bitch at me.

He began emailing and IMing me in an insulting fashion

I kept your emails, man. Would you like me to post them and show everybody your fibbing? After you refused to submit a contribution, I was fine with that and wasn't going to reply back, until I saw that you called me a "moron" in the e-mail. By doing that, you continued a discussion that could've ended right there. Considering that I was the only one in the discussion trying to keep it professional, youre trying to lie your way through your mistakes.

[qupte]hat were copied directly from my live play by play report from when I was in Lauderdale covering the show for 1Wrestling.com.

...and thats why I quoted 1W, stupid.

Since Mr. Barber wants to call my response pitiful, what IS pitiful is his claim he reported things "Three weeks ago in his NHB column." Let's look shall we?

You do realize you didnt have to reply right there. I posted in order to say that I had read it, but would reply later. You didn't need to continue your diatrabe.

Guest MikeJohnson

::

I didn't. Nor did I ever state that I did."

Glad we got THAT cleared up.

"Maybe if you had bothered to read my post, you'd see that I solely quoted the part about Stryker, nothing about the Maximos or Awesome. I initially quoted the entire thing, so you may have seen that and *presumed* wrongly, which wouldn't surprise me. You still seem to be insisting that I was pointing to all of the news items, as is evident by your post right above me that was made within the last few hours. If you had bothered to read my post, you'd see I was only referring to Stryker.::

You edited the post after the fact, that's why.

::Who's the doofus, now? You've wasted an hour or more solely on trying to prove that I never posted these items when in fact I never claimed that I did. And it all happened b/c of your unwillingness to scroll up a few lines and check out my initial post. How about you use your time more efficiently? And to think that youre trying to paint me as an idiot::

An hour? Try five minutes. Perhaps you shouldn't assume we all read and type as slow as perhaps you do?

::

I also find it laughable that you are saying that *I* stole the report from you when the prime contributor of your "Let me cut and paste from everywhere on the Internet" report is listed as 1Wrestling.com.[/quOte]

As is not surprising to me, your logic has quite a few visible holes. According to you, my reports can't be credible unless I nabbed them by myself and didnt borrow them from other web sites. You should know better. You practice the same thing at 1W, by posting stuff other reporters learn, rather than yourself.::

When a newsworthy story is published by a media source, the site writes about it, links to the original and cites the source. We don't cut and paste. Big difference there. The Daily News will do stories based on something the Los Angeles Times breaks and cites the original story- that's what we do, and even Dave Meltzer, our primary competitor does when we break something before him. You're doing something more along the lines of Weekly World News. Hell, with your listing of 10,000 alleged sources that you've cut and pasted from, who can tell what story is from where?

::The difference between you and me in this situation is that I GIVE CREDIT to my sources, as YOU even admitted. You, however, refused to credit me as being the first to post on the net (To my knowledge; correct me if Im wrong) that Stryker was going by the new name. I posted it on NHB THREE WEEKS before MLW.com announced his new alias. And you posted it about four weeks later, and to add to that, didn't bother to give credit.::

That's interesting, because I learned about the Matt Martel name from Mr. Stryker himself, and then confirmed it via Court Bauer, both yesterday in a telephone conversation. I suppose you learned it three weeks before Court as well. In either event, there is nothing to credit you for other than continuing your streak of starting flamewars on MBs (I forgot to mention you were barred from XPWTV.com as well)

:How about you stop living in the past? Youre a pathetic human being. You proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt when I met you. The difference between you and me is that I learn from my mistakes. Rather than continuing to bitch at guys that have banned me from forums in the past, I've shrugged them off and gone my separate way. You, however, as I stated in my emailsm failed to internalize any of the advice I gave you and continue to act like a nasty, immature, and inconsiderate child.:

So bringing up my name is showing how you learned from your mistakes? How am I living in the past when I lurk on these boards to read opinions on the indy scene and see YOU INSULTING ME while parading yourself around as anything but what you are, a little kid who sits at wrestling shows with his face buried in a pad and paper instead of watching the show. Yes, I'm the one living in the past. That makes logical sense to me.

:The ironic thing is that I'm younger than you, and yet I'm not the one who's doing the flaming here. See a message there?:

"Fuck that shithead, Mike Johnson. I broke that in my column on NHB three weeks ago. Having met him, I can truly say that he's a moron on the net and in reality."

Nope, you aren't the one flaming. I was the one who started that three weeks ago, right?

"Now, I'd appreciate that next time when you take info from me, you credit me. I do that with Bob Magee, even though I disagree with a lot of what he says. Be happy I credited 1W in my columns, unlike you did w/ me."

The day I take information from you, I will gladly run naked through the ECW Arena chased by a pack of rabid hyenas. Translation: It will never happen. The day I need to use a teenager as my source is the day I stop writing.

you simply thought you were going to be cute and insult me here because you're angry that on one fateful night in Fairfield, CT, I walked over to you, sat down next to you, and to your face told you what I thought of you: that you're an asshole.

"I like the way you change the whole story around. What you failed to mention is my response to you where I lambasted you for the constant shit you start. It didnt surprise me that you never returned to me that night, despite constantly looking over my way during the show. Nor does it surprise me that you changed the whole story around."

I came over at intermission. I sat down. I introduced myself. I called you an asshole. You started whining. I walked away. The Green Lantern Fan came over to you, sat down, told you he heard you were an asshole. He walked away. When we were looking at you, we were counting the times you were writing in your pad instead of watching an all time classic in Steve Corino vs. Homicide.

Why did I do this? Because after all I've seen of you on message boards were proven to me via email. You are the cause of your own problems. I am sure you will try to say that because you are open minded about XPW, you get heat. That's total BS. It's how you act and deal with people online that causes the problems. There is a user here named EMAXSAUN who also posts elsewhere as Merlin. Huge XPW fan. I get along fine with him and he's a nice guy. I even asked him once why he actually liked that promotion when it was still alive, he explained and I could see his POV and I respected him for it. You on the other hand, well, we all know what you do.

I can appreciate that you really want to write about wrestling so you created this little newsletter for yourself and to post on No Holds Barred, but your history of interacting with others isn't the best. When I see you asking me for things and not identifying yourself, and then when I learn who you are, I have to wonder why you were hiding who you were. When I have to wonder that, I know you aren't someone I want to deal with. Your postings about me were just another example reinforcing that decision.

::Learn to accept responsibility for things. You started a war with me over email and refused to accept what you got in return b/c you knew you were wrong.::

I started a war by telling you I wanted no part in your story once I knew who you were, and I didn't want to be left finding myself quoted in anything that might paint XPW positively when I worked for ECW? I guess I did then, eh?

::Now, please stop invading this board w/ needless posts. We know you rarely post here as it is. No need to come here just to bitch at me.::

"Fuck that shithead, Mike Johnson. I broke that in my column on NHB three weeks ago. Having met him, I can truly say that he's a moron on the net and in reality."

Yes, no needless posts by Barber in THIS thread. No NEEDLESS posts about me. Remember, I haven't posted here in a long time because I haven't had the need to. You brought me up insulting me. It wasn't even criticism or discussion of something I wrote. You were attacking my credibility and insulting me. YOU brought about my "invasion."

He began emailing and IMing me in an insulting fashion

::I kept your emails, man. Would you like me to post them and show everybody your fibbing? After you refused to submit a contribution, I was fine with that and wasn't going to reply back, until I saw that you called me a "moron" in the e-mail. By doing that, you continued a discussion that could've ended right there. Considering that I was the only one in the discussion trying to keep it professional, youre trying to lie your way through your mistakes.::

There was no discussion. Once I knew your identity, I told you no and why. You couldn't accept that. Thus, you ended up blocked and I saw firsthand why you end up banned from so many MBs, although you never have problems with anyone "but the mods" right? That would explain why someone here is calling you a psychopath.

::[qupte]hat were copied directly from my live play by play report from when I was in Lauderdale covering the show for 1Wrestling.com.

...and thats why I quoted 1W, stupid.::

But John, you didn't quote me. Again with the insults. Getting a little worried about being exposed or something?

You do realize you didnt have to reply right there. I posted in order to say that I had read it, but would reply later. You didn't need to continue your diatrabe.::

I was simply making an addendum to my original post. Or is that yet another needless post compared to you saying "Fuck Mike Johnson?"

With Love,

Mike Johnson

Guest bort

i like mikes work at 1wrestling, luchas reports on NHB are pretty much just cuts and pastes of what Mike and others do, i dont really think i have ever seen him break any news in his report. i think mike is right here as lucha flamed him for really no reason

Guest Markingout

Mike you sound cool,where were you sitting at War Games man? I just have one problem on which you said.

"When we were looking at you, we were counting the times you were writing in your pad instead of watching an all time classic in Steve Corino vs. Homicide."

If he was writing so much,then you guys missed some good parts staring at Johnathan. Or you only looked a few times... Anyways,who cares what info was C&P or whatever. Some people go to NHBs some people go to 1wrestling. Both sites were trying to provide there fans with the best possible info. Who cares who found it first.

Back on topic :P

Good all three of them sucked hard. Hopefully MLW good get a good tag team replacement for Los Maximos *cough*BSB*cough*

You edited the post after the fact, that's why.

You posted again, after the I edited it. So, seeing as how you had entered the thread again, its quite wierd how you happen to scroll down and not realize that the quote box has gone from several paragraphs to a couple of lines long.

Yes, no needless posts by Barber in THIS thread. No NEEDLESS posts about me. Remember, I haven't posted here in a long time because I haven't had the need to. You brought me up insulting me. It wasn't even criticism or discussion of something I wrote. You were attacking my credibility and insulting me. YOU brought about my "invasion."

The reason I mentioned you was b/c you refused to credit me for breaking the news of Stryker's new alias. You admit that you just confirmed it yesterday. I've known about it for several weeks and have posted it several times in those several weeks.

When a newsworthy story is published by a media source, the site writes about it, links to the original and cites the source. We don't cut and paste. Big difference there. The Daily News will do stories based on something the Los Angeles Times breaks and cites the original story- that's what we do, and even Dave Meltzer, our primary competitor does when we break something before him. You're doing something more along the lines of Weekly World News. Hell, with your listing of 10,000 alleged sources that you've cut and pasted from, who can tell what story is from where?

Maybe youre unaware, but let me fill you in - Yahoo, Newsweek, EW, and even TIME - among MANY other text and online publications - publish stories directly written by the Associated Press. Not just using the info they learned of, but actually reposting the article from the AP. They credit them. You didn't.

Under your logic, you're also criticizing those reporters who I'd assume you'd respect...i.e. DVDR/PuroresuFan's Kris Z (whose daily news postings are directly quoted compilations of other site's postings). He - like myself - devotes a section at the top of his postings for sources. He doesn't credit the sites anywhere else in his postings.

With my TNA news, I credit the sites. I have a section for Observer news and Torch news, along w/ random tidbits that I've gathered from a variety of sites. That's why I have a sources section...so that I don't have to post the source before every single paragraph.

I know that the DVDR readers and Kris Z fans (including myself) would be quite happy to hear that you consider his postings as "alleged."

I know, though, that you don't think that way about him. What you're doing is setting different standards for each wrestling reporter on the 'net, depending on who you prefer and don't. Since you don't like me, any blind man could see that youre setting different standards for me than you would for somebody else with the same credentials, yet with a different name.

Your credibility sucks.

How am I living in the past?

Read my response again. And this time, actually READ it. Don't assume you know what it says.

It will never happen.  The day I need to use a teenager as my source is the day I stop writing.

NEWS TO MIKE: It's already happened. And the ironic part of this situation is that this "teenager" is a far more professional reporter than yourself, Mr. E-Mail Spammer, Flamer, whatever you want to call yourself.

You started whining.

Yes, Mike. I "started whining." LMAO. This proves the non-existence of your credibility.

When we were looking at you, we were counting the times you were writing in your pad instead of watching an all time classic in Steve Corino vs. Homicide.

I'm glad to see that you were spending your time "counting the number of times [i was] writing in [my] pad instead of watching an all time classic in Steve Corino vs. Homicide."

I get along fine with him and he's a nice guy.  I even asked him once why he actually liked that promotion when it was still alive, he explained and I could see his POV and I respected him for it.  You on the other hand, well, we all know what you do.

Don't you see how much you're dragging this out? This is just another example of you living in the past.

Accept it - we don't like one another. We don't have to correspond. My initial statement was harsh, I decided upon reconsideration. So, I edited it. Unlike you, I have respect for others, even those I dislike. That's why you didn't see me cursing and name calling in our e-mail exchange, unlike yourself.

You've failed to prove that your story about Mantel was in any way original. Hypothetically, let's say you indeed learned of it from Mr. Bauer and not from myself. Even then, you're already several weeks late in posting the news. Somehow, I don't even see that as the case.

I started a war by telling you I wanted no part in your story once I knew who you were, and I didn't want to be left finding myself quoted in anything that might paint XPW positively when I worked for ECW?  I guess I did then, eh?

Read my response a few lines above.

Once I knew your identity, I told you no and why.  You couldn't accept that.

Again, you refuse to tell the full story. I responded because of the personal insults you inclulded. Had I known you wouldn't even have the manlihood to accept them and instead had to block them out, I would've ended it right there. If you want to fault me for that, do so.

i like mikes work at 1wrestling, luchas reports on NHB are pretty much just cuts and pastes of what Mike and others do, i dont really think i have ever seen him break any news in his report

To a degree, the NWA-TNA news are cut and pastes. About half of the TNA news I post I quote, but I do credit the source. Otherwise, I don't think I've ever cut and pasted anything, except for:

- quoting PTW promoter Joe Gunns in an article about himself

- quoting CZW's site's news item regarding the delay of their Italian tour (the delay of which really wasn't too long, as Zandig figured everything out faster than he expected)

- and a few more examples where I quote wrestlers or promoters or other wrestling employees of some sort when writing a story that they're a part of. That's the same thing any other 'net wrestling reporter does.

The purpose of my news posts - along with Kris Z's and others - is to compile the weeks E. Coast indy news onto one web page, so that fans dont have to go from 1W to the Torch to NHB to PuroresuFan, etc. Its supposed to be a compilation of lots of news items, so I dont see what the problem is.

I seriously don't get what all the hate for the Maximos is about. Yes, they are spot monkeys, but am I the only one who enjoys the occasional spotfest? After all, how many times do you get to see moves as cool as the Skeeledriver, the Spanish Fly, Taffy Machine, etc. They never said they were great technicians. Like the hardcore guys in IWA/CZW/MAW, they stick to what they know (besides the 2/3 falls match vs. Daniels/Morgan, which really exposed the SAT).

Its too bad awesome left, but he isnt as good as he once was, so I guess losing him frees up opportunities to hire younger, better talent.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Found this one quote that puts this thread, as well as my own past mistakes, in proper perspective. Thought I'd share it with y'all.

I love the fact there are still wrestling promotions that exist entirely outside the realm of the Internet. The Internet, as it relates to wrestling, is very much like it’s current Anti-Christ – Triple H, in that it completely overestimates its worth to the Wrestling, and how over it is. I can honestly tell you, young Internet wrestling fan, you could do the greatest wrestling website ever, with completely awesome interviews with all of today’s American strong style hybrid cruiser junior superstars extraordinaire, and wonderfully literary critiques of every fuckin’ tape from Osaka to Monterrey to Dayton, Ohio, and you will never, and I promise you this, NEVER get even one blowjob out of it. Oh sure, you’ll get lots of pasty white guys to send you emails telling you how smart or funny you are, but what the fuck does that really matter? When you’re drinking a beer with the boys on a Friday night, waiting for your quarters to come up on the pool table, you’re not gonna brag to them about “this awesome email I got from some kid who said I was funnier than hell.” However, blowjobs, that’s a completely different thing."

Credit: Raven Mack in the newest DVDVR

Found this one quote that puts this thread, as well as my own past mistakes, in proper perspective. Thought I'd share it with y'all.

I love the fact there are still wrestling promotions that exist entirely outside the realm of the Internet. The Internet, as it relates to wrestling, is very much like it’s current Anti-Christ – Triple H, in that it completely overestimates its worth to the Wrestling, and how over it is. I can honestly tell you, young Internet wrestling fan, you could do the greatest wrestling website ever, with completely awesome interviews with all of today’s American strong style hybrid cruiser junior superstars extraordinaire, and wonderfully literary critiques of every fuckin’ tape from Osaka to Monterrey to Dayton, Ohio, and you will never, and I promise you this, NEVER get even one blowjob out of it. Oh sure, you’ll get lots of pasty white guys to send you emails telling you how smart or funny you are, but what the fuck does that really matter? When you’re drinking a beer with the boys on a Friday night, waiting for your quarters to come up on the pool table, you’re not gonna brag to them about “this awesome email I got from some kid who said I was funnier than hell.” However, blowjobs, that’s a completely different thing."

Credit: Raven Mack in the newest DVDVR

So don't follow or talk about wrestling because it doesn't get you girls?? People aren't allowed to have hobbies now? How is wrestling different than anything else in that respect?

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Nah, PD, that's not what it meant.

It meant, don't think you're some super-important "Internet Wrestling Personality," because in reality it means less than squat.

It meant, don't think you're some super-important "Internet Wrestling Personality," because in reality it means squat.

Ok, I get that.

So in other words, The King of the Idiots is still just an idiot in the end.

Screw that moron, Mike Johnson. I broke that in my column on NHB three weeks ago. Having met him, I can truly say that he's a moron on the net and in reality.

:huh:

Barber, Mike is one of the nicest guys I have met in person, and runs better bus trips than ANYONE. He gives the fans more than what they paid for, and really cares about them, and is a nice guy to everyone, even the annoying guys that sit next to me. :P He also is one of the best reporters on the net, and you could have at least said, "i broke that story," but you FLAMED. it was uncalled for.

one more thing, I have tried to help you Barber, when people were being mean to you online I was always trying to support you, but this is nuts. You get into flame wars all the time now, and for what purpose? you contradict yourself all over the place, saying how you aren't flaming but you were the one who said in the first reply to this thread, "Screw that Moron, Mike Johnson." you get yourself into deep shit all the time and sometimes i wonder what the point is. it seems like you love starting crap. when i have been involved in flame wars, especially on this message board way back when it was still based on the EZboard engine, at least i had a point. i used to try to force feed xpw down peoples throats when this board was still an ezboard, but i was a lot younger then, and i learned. you havent. im still letting you use my pictures of outside viking hall for your viking hall story if you give me credit for my work. just stop the flames, since you were banned from czwfans and xpwtv all you have done is flame. why?

furthermore, here is proof that mike is a nice guy: the day that the bus trip to TOD II was cancelled, i took a greyhound to the show, then got stranded in whilmington, delaware, and had to take a taxi to dover, and didnt even have enough money to get in, and they let me in for free. i told mike about my day and he felt so bad that he was going to make it up to me on the next trip i took with him. also i went to roh with my brother and he had never been before and would probably not get to go again for a while, and mike promised that he would get him a justin credible autograph the next bus trip i went on. mike doesnt have to do that, but he is a nice guy. its funny how you are the only one who says mike is an asshole and disses his cred, when the rest of the net thinks hes awesome, and thinks the exact opposite of you.

Edited by EMAXSAUN

I didn't start a flame war here. Did I begin the confrontation? Yes. I threw a non personal insult out there, but what I got was about 20 personal insults. But the flaming didnt start till Mike posted - who made the first post 30+ line response in this thread? Not me.

EMAX, your story means *nothing*. Somebody can be nice to some people and be an asshole to others-its a fact. You werent at the 8/16 show. I was. He was, too. So, you wouldnt know. Being a nice person doesn't mean sitting down next to someone for no reason and telling them that they're an asshole. Your cool with me and I hope vice versa, EMAX, but your logic is pretty poor here.

And youre contradicting yourself. Your flaming me for no reason, so dont expect anybody to take anything you say in that post seriously.

if you give me credit for my work

Ummm...why wouldnt I? The guy not doing the crediting here is Mike.

i used to try to force feed xpw down peoples throats when this board was still an ezboard, but i was a lot younger then, and i learned. you havent.

You learned? Your flaming me in this very post.

EMAX, u didnt need to post that response. You had no part in the discussion and instead jumped in to add to the several vs. one offense. Your testimony has no part here b/c of the immense # of flaws in it. Youre doing the same thing your criticizing me for doing.

Edited by LucharesuFan619

Guest Ace Johnson

I'm going to e-mail No Holds Barred and let them know how unproffesional Barber is and how bad he makes the site look by stealing news and being a general troll. Maybe they'll fire him and that will be one less place we have to read his nonsense.

Guest Devin

It meant, don't think you're some super-important "Internet Wrestling Personality," because in reality it means less than squat.

But his point is completely nullified by the fact that he's writing for DVDVR, they're like the pinnacle of internet wrestling nerds.

I didn't start a flame war here. Did I begin the confrontation? Yes. I threw a non personal insult out there, but what I got was about 20 personal insults. But the flaming didnt start till Mike posted - who made the first post 30+ line response in this thread? Not me.

EMAX, your story means *nothing*. Somebody can be nice to some people and be an asshole to others-its a fact. You werent at the 8/16 show. I was. He was, too. So, you wouldnt know. Being a nice person doesn't mean sitting down next to someone for no reason and telling them that they're an asshole. Your cool with me and I hope vice versa, EMAX, but your logic is pretty poor here.

And youre contradicting yourself. Your flaming me for no reason, so dont expect anybody to take anything you say in that post seriously.

if you give me credit for my work

Ummm...why wouldnt I? The guy not doing the crediting here is Mike.

i used to try to force feed xpw down peoples throats when this board was still an ezboard, but i was a lot younger then, and i learned. you havent.

You learned? Your flaming me in this very post.

EMAX, u didnt need to post that response. You had no part in the discussion and instead jumped in to add to the several vs. one offense. Your testimony has no part here b/c of the immense # of flaws in it. Youre doing the same thing your criticizing me for doing.

Barber, all I was poiting out was that you brought this upon yourself. Mike wasn't even mentioned in this thread, only a news story of his was, but you went off and ripped on him.

You started the flame, so don't say that he is the one doing the flaming here. Mike doesn't lurk thesmartmarks.com forums looking to pick fights with people. Look at his post count, its like 18. Mike wouldn't have posted a response to you if you hadn't done that in the first place.