TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evolution

Smartmarks Fake Baseball League

7.7 RC/27 would have put you in 18th in the majors this year, right behind Frank Thomas and right ahead of David Ortiz.

Top 5 this year were

Bonds 15.11

Pujols 10.79

Helton 10.31

Delgado 9.29

Sheffield 9.13

I would have been 6th with a 9.0.

Kind of weird that my numbers are so bad against lefties (.284 BA, .339 OBP, .635 SLG vs. .218 BA, .339 OBP, .327 SLG against righties) when I set my stats to be stronger against lefties.

I finished the season off strong, at least (11.0 IP, 2-0, 1.64 ERA in 7 appearances)

Edited by Kingpk

Guest Evolution

Just as a note:

My computer is going to go into Gateway, and will likely be having its hard drive replaced.

I have done my best to back up my copy of OOTP5, but if it fails, it is back to square one.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Guest Evolution

Free Agent Period:

Carlos DeSantis went onto the market, and right away received five offers from the Clerks, Ashes, Jackoffs, Hanoi Janes, and Transit Authority. DeSantis warmed up the most to Chicago at the end of Day 1.

However, the Clerks upped the ante and caught DeSantis' ear at the end of Day 2.

Jacksonville got the top bid at the end of Day 3 and looked to be the winner of the bidding war, but then Atlanta finally got their act together and ponied up the dough, and DeSantis knew that would be enough for him and signed back with the Hanoi Janes on Day 9.

His new contract gave him $108.1 million over a span of 7 years, pretty much assuring that DeSantis would spend his wonder years with Atlanta.

The deal was the blockbuster of free agency, and Atlanta fans are already predicting that DeSantis will take them to the promised land in 2009.

Amateur Draft:

Charlie Matthews was selected 9th overall in the 2009 Amateur Draft, joining R.J. Frost and the rest of the Vancouver Vasectomy.

2009 is shaping up to be a very interesting year.

Guest Evolution

Uhh...

I've simulated to July and uh...

DeSantis is a candidate for the Triple Crown.

He's been Batter of the Month in April, May, June...

Yeah...

Naturally, Jacksonville is #1 in the South by 4 games.

Also, it's only July, and Eric LeBeau, Charlie Matthews, and Shiro Suzuki have all sustained two-month injuries at different points of the season.

Guest Evolution

A little update.

A 15-game winning streak from the Douchebags in late July-mid August and a 14-game run from the Jackoffs have pretty much sealed the West and South for those teams barring a complete disaster.

But it happened to Atlanta (which was one of the best teams after April), so anything could happen.

The Triple Crown Chase:

DeSantis is #1 in batting average, .003 points ahead of "Big Red" Robert Henderson, of all people, #2 in homeruns, 2 behind Harry Ducharme, and #3 in RBI, 7 behind the leader.

Guest Evolution

With a .345 average, 50 homeruns, and 142 RBI going into the last game of the season?

Yes, I'd say so.

DeSantis needs .004 to pass Roy Aliff of the Transit Authority in batting average, and needs 5 RBIs to pass Robt Knudtson of the Detroit Motor Vehicles, both teams that will not be going to the postseason.

In other words, DeSantis might have better luck next year.

However, I will post the box score of DeSantis' final game of 2009 in just a moment.

Guest Evolution

C. DeSantis 1B 4 0 0 0 0 0 .342 50 142

0-for-4.

Not a damn thing.

Roy Aliff will win the North-South batting title, but not giving DeSantis the Big Stick Award would be highway robbery at this point.

And now, a news article, hot off the press on Friday, October 5th, 2009.

Fake Baseball Fans Get Rowdy In Four Cities

BOSTON (AP) -- Surely, there were isolated incidents all over the four cities during the closing weeks of the 2009 season of the Smartmarks Fake Baseball League.

However, none were worse than the incident that occured in The Sack, home to the Boston Tea Baggers.

Following the Baltimore Crime Spree's 7-1 loss to the New York Bums, a loss that propelled the Tea Baggers to the playoffs, Boston fans rioted in celebration for their first playoff appearance in six years.

The local Boston precincts are filled with crazy exhibitionists who performed the sacred Boston ritual of the "Tea Bagging" to many of the female and male fans sitting in the seats of The Sack watching the Baltimore game on the big screen TV in center field.

Pubic hairs from mouths of girls ranging from nineteen to fifty-seven years old are currently being scanned for DNA to catch some of the culprits that were not caught in the act themselves.

Boston police were stunned.

"Most of the culprits were caught red handed," claimed Boston police chief Matt McAnally, "once we could remove their hands from their phalluses."

Over forty men were arrested for the lewd acts.

Several lawsuits have already surfaced in this case, a mere 24 hours after the incident occured.

In Denver, sales of Summer Eve's Disposable Medicated Douches skyrocketed when fans of the local Denver Douchebag team stormed the various supermarkets and pharmacies looking for the product after Denver clinched the Western Division Title and their first playoff appearance ever. Fans have confessed that they will be making DoucheHats--a local Denver company has already begun to work on the new fad, which started when a local Denver fan named David Cook taped 15 douchebags around his head and ran around the stadium's concourse naked screaming an Indian war cry.

Vancouver saw controversy when Vasectomy fan Terry Tipp's sign was removed during Vancouver's last game of the season, a 3-1 victory over the Chicago Transit Authority.

Tipp's sign read "I waited three sexless years for this moment."

Vancouver officials said that the sign was offensive and was clearly in display of children who were surrounding Tipp in the other seats.

The Jacksonville Jackoffs seem to be the only team with fans that haven't broken out in rashes of unusual acts, yet.

Paul Ford, a Jacksonville fan, explained the lack of action in the Sunshine State. "We don't want to be premature with our celebration, and blow our lid too quickly," Ford explained. "We'd like to slow things down a bit and prepare for the playoffs as fans, and then really go at it there and see if we can't beat our opponents fans' off."

The playoffs will begin on Sunday, October 7th, with Denver traveling to Boston and Vancouver going to Jacksonville.

The local Boston precincts are filled with crazy exhibitionists who performed the sacred Boston ritual of the "Tea Bagging" to many of the female and male fans sitting in the seats of The Sack watching the Baltimore game on the big screen TV in center field.

Pubic hairs from mouths of girls ranging from nineteen to fifty-seven years old are currently being scanned for DNA to catch some of the culprits that were not caught in the act themselves.

Boston police were stunned.

"Most of the culprits were caught red handed," claimed Boston police chief Matt McAnally, "once we could remove their hands from their phalluses."

Over forty men were arrested for the lewd acts.

You are so awesome.

I think when I eventually retire, the next guy I create I will give the exact same stats. Just to see what effect the game itself has on the players, as opposed to the created qualities.

Until then, I want to win a god damn world championship. God damn Atlanta always letting me down. Except for the people who hit in front of me this year. See what happens if people get on base in front of me?

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

and yet again, pathetic Atlanta bows down to the Ghandi.

excuse me while I laugh.

muhaha.

Guest Evolution

Just for notes sake:

Neither Ben Dover nor R.J. Frost have been resigned to contracts.

Both are willing to test the markets.

Giant Gonzales, on the other hand, received a handsome 18.3 million dollar extension deal over the span of three years with the Atlanta Hanoi Janes.

Yay for the Gonzales. Now, post the damned playoffs and such, you lazy person!

*Hopes Gonzales will develop more and become the greatest Jewish pitcher since Sandy Koufax (Or am I thinking of Dwight Gooden?)*

Guest Evolution

SFBL 2009

East-West Conference

Boston Edges Baltimore For East

Baltimore put up another impressive year, but the Tea Baggers came out of nowhere, winning 100 games to Baltimore’s 99 and capturing the East Division Title for the first time since 2003.

Team W L PCT GB

Boston 100 62 .617 -

Baltimore 99 63 .611 1.0

Philadelphia 71 91 .438 29.0

New Jersey 70 92 .432 30.0

New York 60 102 .370 40.0

Boston Tea Baggers:

Last Year: 81-81, 3rd place in the East

Star Hitters: Frank Vierra (.310, 20 HR, 99 RBI), Mike Scherbak (.237, 20 HR, 101 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Georgie “Flash” Stanback (19-7, 2.79 ERA, 203 Ks), Walter Galle (42 saves, 3.06 ERA)

What Went Right: The acquisition of Frank Vierra provided a boost to Boston’s struggling offense, and the pitching staff for the Tea Baggers in general had everything going for them, finishing with the 2nd-lowest team ERA in the league, and keeping the opponent’s average to .248.

What Went Wrong: The offense is still lacking simple hitting and a little bit of power, which is why most of the credit should go to the pitching staff to keep the team afloat and in competition with the Crime Spree. Boston surely worked hard for the 100 wins, but it’s hard to say if they’ll have any success in the postseason given the offense.

Baltimore Crime Spree:

Last Year: 104-58, 1st place in the East, League Champions

Star Hitters: Shimetarou Naoki (.318, 60 HR, 166 RBI), Abel Ortiz (.336, 37 HR, 119 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Ben "Pistol" Eastin (22-8, 2.81 ERA, 220 Ks), Adelardo Rocha (19-8, 3.86 ERA)

What Went Right: Each side of Baltimore’s game featured two breakout stars on each side: Shimetarou Naoki set an East-West record by smacking 60 homeruns, shattering Jason Orozco of the Denver Douchebags’ former record of 52 easily. Ben Eastin had another great year, and Adelardo Rocha was a surprising success for the Crime Spree, almost winning 20 games himself.

What Went Wrong: Except for the loss of J.C. Morello to free agency, nothing else seemed to go wrong for the Crime Spree except they couldn’t get enough wins to overcome Boston and head back to the playoffs. Baltimore is still a solid team, and will likely contend once again come 2010.

Philadelphia Freedom:

Last Year: 70-92, 5th place in the East

Star Hitters: Jerome Guerra (.315, 17 HR, 83 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Juan Easterling (15-8, 2.50 ERA)

What Went Right: The acquisition of Juan Easterling from free agency gave a boost to the Freedom, and Jerome Guerra seems to be a bright spot in the Philadelphia lineup.

What Went Wrong: The fact that they finished 3rd place in the division only shows how weak the East was this season, not how strong the Freedom were, since they weren’t much better than they were in 2008. As it stands, hitting appears to be the bigger problem for Philadelphia. Perhaps if the team can pickup a star and add them to the roster, their fortunes can finally turn around. Until then, they will continue to struggle in the East under such teams as Boston and especially Baltimore.

New Jersey Clerks:

Last Year: 86-76, 2nd place in the East

Star Hitters: None

Star Pitchers: None

What Went Right: Nothing, really.

What Went Wrong: Lots of injuries occurred throughout the season, hurting an already suffering team. The biggest problem is the pitching, which allowed far too much to happen and likely had a good portion to do with the Clerks losing so many games. Also, Herbert Huber and Wilford Linn don’t appear to be having very good years themselves, as 2009 appeared to be an off year for them.

New York Bums

Last Year: 76-86, 4th place in the East

Star Hitters: Clement Nations (.319, 19 HR, 79 RBI)

What Went Right: Clement Nations is still pulling in respectable numbers…

What Went Wrong: Just about everything. The pitching is one of the worst staffs in the SFBL, allowing 913 runs compared to the 717 that the offense was able to score. Just a terrible, terrible year for the Bums, as they will have time to rebuild in 2010.

Denver Busts Jokers Playoff Streak

After five straight playoff appearances, the Las Vegas Jokers fell short of the playoffs this season as Denver handily won the West over the Jokers by 6 games.

Team W L PCT GB

Denver 90 72 .556 –

Las Vegas 84 78 .519 6.0

Los Angeles 80 82 .494 10.0

Phoenix 79 83 .488 11.0

Seattle 77 85 .475 13.0

Denver Douchebags:

Last Year: 75-87, 3rd place in the West

Star Hitters: Luis Amezcua (.315, 33 HR, 105 RBI, 32 SB), Ryan Marcus (.241, 34 HR, 114 RBI), John Whitehead (.302, 30 HR, 108 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Jayme Hermann (19-11, 3.08 ERA, 232 Ks)

What Went Right: The offense finally picked things up for the Douchebags and was a big part of their ability to go to the playoffs this year, and Jayme Hermann had an even better year than the one he had in 2008, leading a somewhat decent pitching staff.

What Went Wrong: The pitching staff is still giving up plenty of hits, a .269 opponent batting average, to be exact, but otherwise, the Douchebags are in good hands right now. Whether or not they can repeat their performance next year is up in the air.

Las Vegas Jokers:

Last Year: 91-71, 1st place in the West

Star Hitters: Ronnie Desrochers (.273, 31 HR, 99 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Enoch Mylchreest (16-14, 4.19 ERA), Felix Rodas (16-13, 3.65 ERA)

What Went Right: Enoch Mylchreest kept the Jokers in the playoff race for most of the season, and Felix Rodas chipped in his talents.

What Went Wrong: The Jokers could’ve gone to the playoffs with their offense, considering that they were able to get a considerable amount of hits and homeruns, but unfortunately they weren’t able to convert that to enough runs, which was ultimately their demise. The pitching staff definitely picked up the slack, but it simply wasn’t enough. For once, Las Vegas has finally shown their struggles and have missed the playoffs because of it.

Los Angeles Glory Holes:

Last Year: 74-88, 4th place in the West

Star Hitters: Gordon Mingo (.264, 37 HR, 131 RBI), Trent "Butch" Morphy (.339, 49 HR, 113 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Sergio Sarabia (14-3, 2.25 ERA)

What Went Right: Sarabia is the only good part of the pitching staff for the Glory Holes, but Mingo and Morphy continue their good offensive seasons, leading an offense that this time has improved greatly. Slowly yet surely, Los Angeles is working their way back up to the top.

What Went Wrong: The pitching staff is awful, and was most definitely their downfall this year. Los Angeles can now focus on the pitching since the offense has picked itself up out of the gutter, but it’s hard to say where they will be in the standings come 2010.

Phoenix Ashes:

Last Year: 79-83, 2nd place in the West

Star Hitters: Shiro Suzuki (.329, 19 HR, 67 RBI), Oscar “Hack” Ortiz (.295, 26 HR, 83 RBI)

What Went Right: The pitching kept a low team ERA and held the opponents to very little offense, but…

What Went Wrong: This team is the flipside of the Glory Holes, as their problem is with offense and not with pitching. Shiro is still batting over .300 but only got a measly 67 RBI this season, and there is no doubt that Suzuki will need to get himself together for next year if they want to avoid the basement of the West.

Seattle Frasiers:

Last Year: 74-88, 5th place in the West

Star Pitchers: Claudio Galaviz (15-3, 1.53 ERA), Lazaro Arevalo (14-7, 3.52 ERA)

What Went Right: The pitching staff was very solid this year, despite having a high team opponent batting average, part of which wasn’t really the pitching’s fault as many errors occurred at second base and shortstop with the Frasiers.

What Went Wrong: The Frasiers have increased their offensive production, but it simply isn’t enough as they continue to struggle in hitting homeruns and having the patience to take walks. That lack of patience has possibly lead to a team batting average of .271, mediocre for the league, but the hitting definitely needs a shot in the arm before Seattle can get anywhere near the top of the standings.

North-South Conference

Vasectomy Returns To Playoffs

The Vancouver Vasectomy returned to the top of the standings, earning a playoff berth with a five-game margin over second place Indianapolis in the North division.

Team W L PCT GB

Vancouver 86 76 .531 -

Indianapolis 81 81 .500 5.0

Chicago 79 83 .488 7.0

Columbus 79 83 .488 7.0

Detroit 72 90 .444 14.0

Vancouver Vasectomy:

Last Year: 78-84, 2nd place in the North

Star Hitters: R.J. Frost (.318, 29 HR, 89 RBI), Charlie “Grappler” Matthews (.326, 9 HR, 57 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Yogi Hisashi (19-12, 4.65 ERA, 225 Ks)

What Went Right: Long-time Vasectomy member R.J. Frost and rookie Charlie Matthews provided plenty of hits for the Vasectomy, despite low RBI numbers.

What Went Wrong: Another team makes it to the playoffs that isn’t wholly impressive, and it appears to be a continuing trend. The Vasectomy can use some offense and also stepped up performances from most of the pitching staff during the postseason, since Yogi will certainly not be able to do it on his lonesome. With teams like this, it’s hard to keep faith that the playoffs will be interesting.

Indianapolis Ignition:

Last Year: 64-98, 4th place in the North

Star Pitchers: Modesto Lamb (15-8, 5.22 ERA)

What Went Right: It was a team effort on offense as no one player truly stood out, they worked together to finish a respectful 5 games behind Vancouver after finishing in 4th place last year.

What Went Wrong: Still, the pitching is not very good, as the team pitching ERA and the team opponent batting average is very, very high and easily kept them out of making the race with the Vasectomy close.

Chicago Transit Authority:

Last Year: 94-68, 1st place in the North, North-South Conference Champions

Star Hitters: Samuel Sainz (.244, 33 HR, 112 RBI), Roy Aliff (.348, 16 HR, 99 RBI)

Star Pitchers: John Propes (19-11, 4.23 ERA), Daniel Estill (15-8, 3.06 ERA, 283 Ks)

What Went Right: Samuel Sainz has improved his batting average from last year without giving up those stellar offensive numbers, and with the help of Roy Aliff has established a solid ground for offense. Also, John Propes and especially Daniel Estill were stellar on the mound, turning in great performances this season.

What Went Wrong: The team is very mediocre, and certainly has taken a big fall as defending SFBL champions. During the offseason, it’s hopeful that Chicago can figure out what they did wrong so they can come right back and try to take the North.

Columbus Pride:

Last Year: 66-96, 5th place in the North

Star Hitters: Harry Ducharme (.328, 48 HR, 141 RBI), Robert Henderson (.345, 24 HR, 102 RBI)

Star Pitchers: David “Coach” Guzman (16-14, 4.55 ERA, 238 Ks)

What Went Right: Harry Ducharme and “Big Red” both put the bat on the ball, and that resulted in them having explosive offensive numbers, surprisingly having one of the better offenses in the SFBL!

What Went Wrong: There’s no doubt that Columbus could’ve been closer to the top spot in the North if it wasn’t for the pitching. The team ERA is a disgusting 5.01, and Columbus should thank their lucky stars that they scored more runs than any team this season, as they allowed 887 runs themselves. Columbus can certainly get the job done next year with some pitching, and after waiting for so long, it would be about time for them.

Detroit Motor Vehicles:

Last Year: 82-80, 3rd place in the North

Star Hitters: Robt Knudtson (.288, 47 HR, 146 RBI), Logan Caldwell (.287, 23 HR, 102 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Samuel Vazquez (11-10, 3.38 ERA, 211 Ks)

What Went Right: Knudtson and Caldwell had respectable numbers on offense, keeping the offense for the DMV very average.

What Went Wrong: Once again, it’s all about the pitching for the North teams, as they had an even bigger team ERA than the Columbus Pride, sending them right down to the basement in the North and giving them a lot of problems.

Jackoffs Back In The Playoffs

The Jackoffs have returned to the playoffs representing the South Division after outlasting the Atlanta Hanoi Janes for the second consecutive season, finishing with a 100-62 record, 2 games ahead of second place Atlanta (98-64).

Team W L PCT GB

Jacksonville 100 62 .617 -

Atlanta 98 64 .605 2.0

Charlotte 80 82 .494 20.0

Memphis 79 83 .488 21.0

Houston 69 93 .426 31.0

Team W L PCT GB

Jacksonville 101 61 .623 -

Atlanta 87 75 .537 14.0

Charlotte 80 82 .494 21.0

Memphis 73 89 .451 28.0

Houston 72 90 .444 29.0

Jacksonville Jackoffs:

Last Year: 100-62, 1st place in the South

Star Hitters: Winston Ghandi (.318, 24 HR, 105 RBI), Zoilo Castillo (.313, 21 HR, 108 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Joey Salvador (15-6, 3.27 ERA), Robbie Galeana (14-7, 3.07 ERA), George Alongi (16-8, 2.67 ERA, 237 Ks)

What Went Right: The Jackoffs have a very good chance of winning the championship this year with a stellar pitching staff, and a very good offense that is much better than the other teams that are heading to the postseason this year.

What Went Wrong: The Jackoffs still have problems hitting homeruns, which might work against them in the playoffs if they can’t put everything else together.

Atlanta Hanoi Janes:

Last Year: 98-64, 2nd place in the South

Star Hitters: Carlos DeSantis (.342, 50 HR, 142 RBI), David Hunter (.328, 27 HR, 108 RBI, 46 SB), Steve Hatfield (.279, 37 HR, 128 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Eric LeBeau (14-5, 3.29 ERA), Giant Gonzales (15-8, 3.83 ERA)

What Went Right: Carlos, David and Steve lead a damn good offense, and LeBeau and Gonzales lead the pitching staff.

What Went Wrong: Unfortunately, the pitching staff is very mediocre, and was likely the reason they finished so far behind the Jackoffs in the South.

Charlotte Harlots:

Last Year: 80-82, 5th place in the South

Star Hitters: James "Diamondmind" Mobley (.255, 34 HR, 102 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Florencio Merino (12-4, 44 saves, 3.05 ERA), Wilson Delacruz (15-8, 3.42 ERA)

What Went Right: James Mobley continues his success at the plate this year, and solid starters like Wilson Delacruz and a nice closer in Florencio Merino kept the Harlots afloat this year.

What Went Wrong: The cheapest team in the SFBL has certainly taken a step down compared to last season, with a bad, bad, bad pitching staff and an almost equally bad offense.

Memphis Eels:

Last Year: 79-83, 3rd place in the South

Star Hitters: Robert Guarino (.306, 43 HR, 117 RBI), Sergio Santana (.284, 30 HR, 106 RBI)

Star Pitchers: Ralph Mitchell (17-10, 2.91 ERA, 203 Ks)

What Went Right: Memphis put together a good offense, and Ralph Mitchell has an almost identical season to 2008, keeping up the good work.

What Went Wrong: The pitching staff needs to improve their overall team ERA and the offense needs more hits to improve themselves. It’s hard to guess how long this process will take, of course.

Houston Horny Toads:

Last Year: 69-93, 4th place in the South

Star Hitters: Zachariah “Hurricane” Orlowski (.287, 40 HR, 112 RBI)

What Went Right: Zachariah brought his numbers back up this season, putting up some solid offense for Houston.

What Went Wrong: This team is far, far, far from good, however, with an awful offense and a below average pitching staff. The former league champions have certainly fallen into a rut, and it’s hard to say when they’ll improve in the future, if they will at all.

Record Book

Shimetarou Naoki set a new record in the East-West with 60 homeruns, and set a SFBL record with 166 RBI this season, shattering the former record that belonged to Randall Merz with 156.

Ronnie Desrochers set an SFBL record himself by hitting five doubles in one game, accomplishing the feat on July 20th, 2009.

Daniel Estill has broken his own North-South record by striking out 283 batters in 2009, a record he first set by striking out 270 batters in 2007.

Memphis' Edward James tied David Hunter's record for the most triples in one season, hitting 17.

East-West wins All-Star Game

In one of the most exciting All-Star Games in SFBL history, Richard Nickel hit a solo homerun with two outs in the bottom of the 9th to give the East-West All-Stars a 4-3 victory over the North-South. The MVP award was awarded to Trent Morphy, however, who hit a 2-run homerun in the 6th inning that initially tied the game for the East-West All-Stars.

TSM Players

Carlos DeSantis (Atlanta): DeSantis almost won the Triple Crown this year, finishing first in homeruns, second in RBI and third in batting average and definitely coming out as the star for the Atlanta Hanoi Janes.

Shiro Suzuki (Phoenix): Suzuki was not selected to the All-Star Game this year as he was left behind, keeping his batting average up but losing the other offensive numbers, mostly due to a torn abdominal muscle that put him out for 7 weeks.

John Duran (Charlotte): The only big thing that John Duran accomplished this year was hitting for the cycle on July 18th, and the rest wasn’t there. Hit only .237 this season, keeping his homeruns and RBI numbers up, however.

Ben Dover (Columbus): Not a very good year for Ben Dover, going 8-10 with a 5.39 ERA on a struggling Columbus Pride pitching staff.

Giant Gonzales (Atlanta): Gonzales’ first full season with the Hanoi Janes is a successful one, going 15-8 with 177 strikeouts and a 3.83 ERA.

R.J. Frost (Vancouver): More hits than last year, but not much else going for Frost, who is likely going to become a free agent after this season.

Winston Ghandi (Jacksonville): Going to the playoffs against R.J. Frost and the Vasectomy, getting an All-Star bid in the process of a good season for the Ghandinator.

Markus Cirillo (Los Angeles): Started 8 games in the big leagues, but mostly stayed in the AA during the season for the Glory Holes.

Alex Zenon (Memphis): Only 24 years old, but likely not going anywhere fast is Zenon, who will probably be released in a hurry as his talent is decreasing very quickly in AA and A.

Eric LeBeau (Atlanta): Pitcher of the Month in September, but no All-Star selection this time as LeBeau got fewer starts and was 14-5 in his 27 starts.

Logan Caldwell (Detroit): Selected to the 2009 All-Star Game with only a minor step down from 2008, Caldwell is still bringing a fair amount of offense.

David Hunter (Atlanta): Batter of the Month in August once again and selected to the All-Star Game, a mighty fine year this year, though fewer at-bats allowed for a higher batting average, and fewer stolen bases were had (only 46). Still, good year for Hunter.

Marvin Jenkins (Las Vegas): Marvin gets an All-Star selection this time, but his ERA jumped to 4.85 this year from 3.81 and the strikeouts fell with the same number of starts.

Rolf Dreikugeln (Atlanta): Played more games this year and suffered from a 4.05 ERA, but managed to do some quality relief work for the Hanoi Janes.

Edward James (Memphis): No All-Star game for him, as he couldn’t duplicate or best 2008, taking a step back this year, but nothing too serious, still one of the only bright spots on the Memphis Eels.

Robert Henderson (Columbus): Another All-Star Game for Big Red and another good year, though certainly not great, it was better than the other members of the Columbus Pride.

Peter Kostka (Columbus): Didn’t see as much action as in 2008, keeping it all average and nothing really to write home about.

Charlie Matthews (Vancouver): Battling with the catcher position didn’t give Charlie Matthews much playing time, as he was stuck with just about 400 at-bats and a .326 batting average, as Vancouver can’t seem to decide on a catcher.

Coming up: The 2009 postseason, awards, and the player pages for everyone (since we do have some people in the postseason).

Damn...our offense really is intimidating with 3 guys who can hit above 25+ HR's and 100+ RBI's, 2 of which can hit above .325 and one who can steal 40+...too bad our pitching stunk aside Labeau and Gonzales. And DAMNIT James stay away from my records! lol