TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fazzle

NFL Week 7 thread

Well the Broncos were Plummer-less. But oh well.

I was going to put that as the caveat comeback in my post, but I didn't think I would have to... guess I was wrong

Beuerlein is still a decent QB. Plus, they still have the running game, Plummer being out doesn't affect that.

How do the Patriots keep winning with all the injuries?

1. Lots of luck...which is a factor for alot of championship teams.

2. Great coaching staff...which most people know about already.

3. Great draft this year...Asante Samuel, Eugene Wilson, Dan Klecko, and Dan Koppen have had HUGE impacts as starting rookies(with exception to Klecko as he isnt starting but he plays ALOT, be it on offense, Special Teams, and Defense). Samuel and Wilson have been huge in replacing Milloy and Law(injuries).

4. They know how to win games...Tom Brady and co. don't have a Superbowl ring for nothing.

5. Semi-Successful running game...Faulk has been pretty damn good taking over for Smith and Cloud has helped a bit as well.

I've given up thinking I have a clue who's going to win in a given week. I'm still going to be watching the early games next week in the Mandalay Bay sports book in Las Vegas, but I'll be damned if I'm going to do any betting.

Guest Choken One

how can TB seriously call themselfs a great team when they job to Carolina, choke against indy and get soundly beaten down by Niners...

Sapp should shut up and start playing like the supposed 100 million dollar man he thinks he is.

Teams that call themselves GREAT teams will always lose more since that just gives their opponents more reason to beat their asses.

Teams that call themselves GREAT teams will always lose more since that just gives their opponents more reason to beat their asses.

And, of course, they're NOT great teams, since truly great teams don't feel compelled to tell everyone how great they are all the time.

And how is it that people were calling the Tampa defence the best ever after week 2?

Guest Choken One

because Warren Sapp doesn't shut up and keeps insisting that his team is better then the 85 bears or the 00 ravens...

Patrick Ramsey should retire now...and save the career ending early retirement hit that he'll undboubtedly get in 2 weeks from Dallas.

Rob Johnson is in at QB..and he quickly is nearly killed.

No other QBs for the Redskins..could get interesting...

And, of course, they're NOT great teams, since truly great teams don't feel compelled to tell everyone how great they are all the time.

And how is it that people were calling the Tampa defence the best ever after week 2?

They aren't even the best D of the past 5 years (2000 Ravens).

I still think the best D of all time was the 1985 Bears. They were unstoppable.

I still think the best D of all time was the 1985 Bears. They were unstoppable.

I'd have to go with the Steel Curtain, they did more over a longer period of time

Plus more of them have found their way into the HOF (Greene, Lambert, Ham, Blount) than from the '85 Bears (Singletary)

Not to say the '85 Bears weren't great, but history showed them to be one hit wonders

So the Bucs are off to an extremely disappointing 3-3 start. I could sort of live with the other two losses, since they both came in overtime and in games where they had numerous opportunities to win. But this one really stings because they looked like absolute shit for the vast majority of the game. They just could not stop the run throughout the first half and were really only in the game throughout the second half because of San Francisco mistakes. It may be time to bring back the fabled Buccaneer Clock in my sig, which went an impressive 6-1 once I started using it. Something has to turn this shit around.

Guest MikeSC
That sound you hear?

Its Dan Snyder going nuts as the Redskins lose again. Fall to 3-4.

Bye Week next week..Then they go to Dallas.

They better have two weeks of hell for practice.

Much as a fan as I am of his, I'm glad to see Bruce Smith having such a horrible time getting the sack record.

Coming back to play JUST to get a record is kinda lame.

-=Mike

No love for the Orange Crush of Miami or Doomsday Defense of Dallas? Booo...

Orange Crush was Denver

Miami had the No Name defense