TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Is DSL gonna get faster....

I have read recently that cable modems will be even faster really soon, but I haven't heard anything similar regarding DSL lines. Anyone have any info for me?

I have read recently that cable modems will be even faster really soon, but I haven't heard anything similar regarding DSL lines. Anyone have any info for me?

I'd think that there would still be the usual limitations with that. Cable Modem speed is limited by how many people in an area also have a cable modem, and DSL is limited by how far you are from a central office.

I recently switched to DSL from Cable and while the speeds are noticably slower (when you're downloading multiple files) I haven't had the problems with connections mysteriously dropping like I did with RoadRunner. Still, the main reason I switched was because DSL is cheaper in my area and I'm trying to save money any way I can.

when I worked for tnt-hp, the speed was so high that it was pretty much, *click* *get* in one motion. Even downloading movie trailers in GIANT size took a weak 5 seconds.