TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

What movie(s) did you watch today?

The halloween film festival shindig I went to last night gave away a "Versus" poster as one of the prizes. I have heard the movie is good, but can you elaborate?

Halloween 3, taken on its own merits, is a decent movie but because its "Halloween 3" most people blast it. I think that they should have released a dvd of it with the extra 40 or so minutes that was supposedly cut out.

And the worst Halloween movie (outside of Resurection which I haven't seen yet) is #6.

I was going to watch Halloween III: Season of The Witch tonight at 8, but not now that I know 24 is on.

WORST MOVIE EVER

If by worst you mean most underrated horror movie ever...

Lemme guess, the reason you didnt like it was because it didnt have Michael, right?

Guest El Satanico

IFC's halloween mini marathon started at 8 with Mimic. I think The Stepfather is on next, but I just saw it a few weeks ago, so I'll have to find a different channel.

Halloween 3 is a good movie? I think I'm in the Twilight Zone. I tried watching that movie on AMC yesterday and damn near fell asleep on it. I mean NOTHING was going on in it.

It really shouldn't have been called Halloween I don't think. It just sticks out like a sore thumb in the series.

Not horror related, but I saw Whale Rider today.

And.....yeah, I cried like a bitch a couple times during it.

Guest El Satanico

The Last Broadcast is coming on IFC at 9:45 eastern.

For those who don't know The Last Broadcast is the movie people say The Blair Witch Project completely ripped off. However, since they were made so close together I doubt BWP ripped it off. An amazing coincidence yes.

For those who don't know The Last Broadcast is the movie people say The Blair Witch Project completely ripped off. However, since they were made so close together I doubt BWP ripped it off. An amazing coincidence yes.

Actually if anything Blair Witch ripped off "Cannibal Holocaust" which was made in the 70's.

Oh and I watched "Cube 2" today.

Guest El Satanico

Actually if anything Blair Witch ripped off "Cannibal Holocaust" which was made in the 70's.

And both ripped off The War of The Worlds so nyah

Guest El Satanico

Damnit...TIVO has the IFC schedule all screwed up. TIVO shows the movie Murder by Numbers(Sandra Bullock) starting at 3:30am and ending at 4:30am, which is impossible. Well it's 4 AM and Maniac just started.

I've been wanting to see Maniac for awhile. So now I have to stay up, because I don't think all of it will record.

Saw Withnail & I early hours of this morning on DVD. Seen it before but I rate it perhaps even higher now. A brilliant script and great performances, definately one of the most quotable films ever made. Watching it again reminded me and my mate of how Mike Myers got the Danny character into Waynes World 2.

Halloween 3 is a good movie?  I think I'm in the Twilight Zone.  I tried watching that movie on AMC yesterday and damn near fell asleep on it.  I mean NOTHING was going on in it. 

Eh, I like how as soon as it begins things are already happening. You don't have a clue what, but you know it's something big. I like how they don't waste time creating boring teenager subplots. I like the atmosphere, it's really eerie. The music helps. I think the robots are scarier than Michael. At least with Michael, he seems to feel pain and there's only one dude. They were going with something entirely different in this movie from the others. More mystery and suspense than straight up horror. People weren't expecting it and they went crazy, heh.

It really shouldn't have been called Halloween I don't think.  It just sticks out like a sore thumb in the series.

But it's ABOUT Halloween. :) Originially Carpenter had wanted Halloween to be a bunch of different stories. 1 and 2 were the same night, two halfs of the same story. 3 was different but people bitched because Michael wasn't in it. Thanks to them, Halloween got made into another Friday the 13th series. Urgh. May rats eat their damn eyes.

Guest El Satanico
Originially Carpenter had wanted Halloween to be a bunch of different stories. 1 and 2 were the same night, two halfs of the same story. 3 was different but people bitched because Michael wasn't in it. Thanks to them, Halloween got made into another Friday the 13th series. Urgh. May rats eat their damn eyes.

I didn't think Carpenter had any say in that decision. I thought Carpenter was closely involved with just the first two films.

I didn't think Carpenter had any say in that decision. I thought Carpenter was closely involved with just the first two films.

He co-produced 1, 2, and 3. But I think he might've only wrote 1 and 2.

Halloween III is really, REALLY bad, and that has nothing to do with the lack of Michael. It's not even the worst movie in the series, anyways, that honor goes to II.

Today I watched Small Soldiers and the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

'the virgin suicides' earlier tonight.

wow. sofia coppola has just shot up into the "godthedog's favorite directors" stratosphere. she's only gonna get better, and i'm salivating for more.

Halloween III is really, REALLY bad, and that has nothing to do with the lack of Michael.  It's not even the worst movie in the series, anyways, that honor goes to II.

What was bad about it?

2 was just like the ending to 1. The worst in the series has to be either H20 or H6. I actually like all of the rest.