TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JangoFett4Hire

Manny Ramirez

It isn't about how much they overpaid for him at the time, because that offseason made it look like 20/yr for Manny could be a bargain. There has been a major market correction since then. No team in this environment would give anywhere near that much to Manny or any player for that matter.

And I figured 30 mil conservative. It would not shock me if a team asked Boston to take 45-50 of the deal, if they wanted any decent player/prospect in return.

Humourous little article from www.sportsgoons.com

EASTERN LITTLE LEAGUE’S ACE HARDWARE GIANTS CLAIM RAMIREZ

Contrary to Associated Press reports, Manny Ramirez was claimed off waivers minutes before Friday’s deadline—by the Ace Hardware Giants of Duluth, MN’s Eastern Little League. The signing of Ramirez, who will fill the cleanup hitter spot after RF Kenny Jenkins signed a one-year deal with the Babe Ruth League, left the Giants’ coach scrambling to determine how the team was going to pay his $101.5 million contract.

“We raised over $400 with the car wash alone last year, said Giants coach Phil Olson, “so if we do that one or twice a month and Mrs. Connelly has her annual bake sale, we may come out ahead.” Coach Olson also suggested that team members sell lemonade and donate their birthday and tooth fairy money. Ramirez is expected to battle for an OF position with Zach Baker, a power hitter who slugged a gaudy .637 last year with 4 HR, 34 RBI, 29 R and 8 SB in 15 games.

Guest FrigidSoul

People on New England Fox Sports Tonight said Manny has gotten addicted to anime. I don't think there's over $200million in anime though