TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrigidSoul

To the Mods

Guest FrigidSoul

If you do it right the IP ban can be initiated upon the use of a certain login. Thus if the person tried using that login from any comp the IP of that comp would be banned.

Guest Gathering Moss
if he/she was IP banned and came back under a new name with a new IP, that one would be banned, too.

You just described a new user. :huh:

if he/she was IP banned and came back under a new name with a new IP, that one would be banned, too.

You just described a new user. :huh:

That's because when someone is banned here, the name they used is deleted. So, in order to post again here, they would have to make a new name.

Guest The TRUE Fonzie
Who are you?  The Fonz?

Das ezactly da right answer.

I'm completely calm and coooool

Eyyyyy...

I doan soun'z like dat.

Why yes I am *punches the jukebox....cept the glass breaks and his hand burts open in a bloody mess* Ahhhhh, oh god!!! *runs about in a panic*

Dat goes to show ya no one is the TRUE Fonzie. Except me...I'm Fonzie! Heyyyyy!

Could someone explain to me just how an IP ban works?

Sure can little buckaroo. Basically, if you're IP banned, your IP number is put into a filter and if you try to access the boards again using the same IP, you won't get in. That's pretty much my uneducated shot at it.

Fonzie is a smarter guy about these comput-ohs than I gets credit for sometimes. I bet soon we'll have some you could fit in a kitchen! Heeeey!

Who are you?  The Fonz?

Hey look, it's the Fonz!

Eyyyyy...

I doan soun'z like dat.

What's that noise you make when you pose like your avatar? Yeah, that's it

Hey Fonzie... what was it like hosting that conservative talk show for a brief time?

And... what about coaching that amazing waterboy on the field?

And what about living with the claps and herpes twice over?

Wait a second... I saw you get stabbed with scissors! Shouldn't you be dead?

Speaking of bannings, for shits and giggles, I decided to read through the helpful set of rules posted above and here's a funny thing I found:

4. Gimmicks are discouraged, but not disallowed. If a poster makes a gimmick and it ends up banned, the poster will be permanently banned should he come up with a second gimmick that ends up banned as well.

But then later on it says

7. If you've been banned before, you will NOT be allowed back. Simple as that. Second chances are NOT given, so tread lightly.

So if you've been banned, you will NOT be allowed back... unless you were banned as a gimmick poster, then you're allowed a second chance, but not if you were a "normal" poster?

I are confoosed

It's designed to discourage gimmick posters without completely disallowing them. If someone has a gimmick banned, they're given a one-time warning. The next gimmick they make to get banned also gets them the axe. It's just like giving a warning for anything else the staff normally warns people for.

Guest The TRUE Fonzie
Who are you?  The Fonz?

Hey look, it's the Fonz!

Eyyyyy...

I doan soun'z like dat.

What's that noise you make when you pose like your avatar? Yeah, that's it

No you dope, youze got it all wrong. It gotta come maw smood. You gotta be a natural, and there's only one o' dose when it comes to dat.

Hey Fonzie... what was it like hosting that conservative talk show for a brief time?

You gotta 'fresh my mem'ry on dat one. Fonzie only remembuhs his deejay days, where we played only da hits! I owe a lotta back taxes from dat, but I said nuts to that. I burned dem papers on the air. I used fire. Dat was what radio was all about...dat an' Ritchie Valens.

And... what about coaching that amazing waterboy on the field?

Dat was a movie. I was play'n a character in da movies. I think I won t'ree Oscuhz for dat, but I bet I'm pro'ly underestimatin' myself.

And what about living with the claps and herpes twice over?

Da's confidential infuhmajin. I ain't gotta tells you dat.

Wait a second... I saw you get stabbed with scissors! Shouldn't you be dead?

Dat was pro'ly a moobie. Youze a lil stupid kid, youze need ta learn how to differentiate da movies from da real life, or ya parents iz gonna maybe kill ya outta shame, like Ralphie's shoulda. An' like dey did ta his lil' bro.

Guest I am the Icon
The problem with that is you take out innocents with the guilty.

They did it to me before I even made a post. The sad thing is that Ive never been here before. :(

The problem with that is you take out innocents with the guilty.

They did it to me before I even made a post. The sad thing is that Ive never been here before. :(

That was probably me. I delete any username from the authorization queue that meets the following criteria:

-- It's in ALL CAPS

-- It's a close variation of a name previously banned

-- It sounds like a name a 10-year-old retard would use

-- The email address is suspicious, like [email protected]

It's based purely on past experiences that people who registered names fitting the above criteria caused A LOT of problems, and by whacking them from the queue, the problems are being nipped in the bud. If someone who wasn't banned before really wants to post here as a serious poster, not a gimmick or troll, then they'll get the hint and register more properly.