TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Man drops phone into toilet...

Man drops cell phone in train toilet, jams arm

Friday, October 31, 2003 Posted: 3:20 PM EST (2020 GMT)

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Cell phone users have been known to complain about poor service, but one New York man's mobile literally went down the toilet.

The man was on a suburban train from Grand Central Station on Wednesday night when he went to the bathroom to make a phone call, dropped the phone into the toilet bowl and then his hand and arm became stuck trying to retrieve it, officials said.

Metro-North Railroad staff could not help the man, so they stopped the train and called police officers and firefighters to extricate him, a process that took 90 minutes using "jaws of life" rescue equipment.

"The toilets are made of aluminum so I imagine he was down on hands and knees with his shirt rolled up and hand and arm down inside, trying to flush out his cell phone," said Jim Cameron of the Connecticut Metro-North commuter council.

He said that because of the design of the train toilet, the mobile probably ended up in a chemical holding tank.

A spokesman for the railroad that serves the northern suburbs of New York and Connecticut identified the man as Edwin Gallard, 41, of New York, who suffered a minor injury to his arm as firefighters cut the toilet apart.

The track was closed and thousands of commuters were delayed during the evening rush hour.

The phone has not yet been recovered.

Talk about shitty service... ;)

Guest El Satanico

I doubt he'll want the phone if they do find.

I'd imagine these was one of those occasions where you do an action without thinking, then when something bad happens you suddenly think "what the fuck am i doing".

Guest Insanityman

One of the many reasons I don't and won't own a cell phone. 'Cept that'd be a moment where I suddenly realize "Wait... my arm is elbow-deep in shit." That guy's friends and family will prolly never let him forget it too.

Guest El Satanico

aaah...I don't even want to know what's going on in the picture in Yuna's sig.

It's just Sir Ian Mckellen and Alan Cumming in a hot tub. I'm guessing it took place during the shoot of X2...but I'm wondering, was it before or after they visited the neud beach? [Yes, that's a true fact]

I don't know, I don't want to know, and Ian McKellen shirtless frightens the hell out of me.

But, on the upside, it does look like Alan is dropping a duce...

Guest El Satanico

It's just Sir Ian Mckellen and Alan Cumming in a hot tub. I'm guessing it took place during the shoot of X2...but I'm wondering, was it before or after they visited the neud beach? [Yes, that's a true fact]

I don't know, could be. With Ian's well known sexual lifestyle and Alan Cumming being well Alan Cumming, I'm afraid to know exactly what was or going to be happening in that hot tub.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I don't know, I don't want to know, and Ian McKellen shirtless frightens the hell out of me.

Scardey-cat. Nothin' wrong with a 70-something be shirtless....

But, on the upside, it does look like Alan is dropping a duce...

Erm...uh...don't wanna know...

With Ian's well known sexual lifestyle and Alan Cumming being well Alan Cumming, I'm afraid to know exactly what was or going to be happening in that hot tub.

I think it's just an innocent bath that some photographer took a picture of. I think Alan had to be in a hot tub, or some kind of hot water, to get all the blue makeup off. And Ian...*shrug* Just prolly joined him. Not that I blame him. If I had the chance to be in a hot tub with Alan Cumming, I'd definetly go for it! ^_^

If I had the chance to be in a hot tub with Alan Cumming, I'd definetly go for it!

*note to self: Change name and buy a hot tub* :wub:

You're not Scottish [to my knowledge anyway], nor pansexual. So..a change of name and the purchase of a hot tub would do you little good.