TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

Rebellion 2003?

Is there going to be a Rebellion UK PPV, this fall? They usually have it every year around this time, be it October or early November. But I havent heard anything about it. Not that I'm from the UK or anything, but I just realized it when I was going through my tapes.

Last year's event was pretty top-notch. It was the first ever SmackDown! only PPV, and featured a few great matches, (IE) Booker vs Matt, Tajiri vs Rey vs Noble, Angle & Benoit vs Los Guerreros and Brock & Heyman vs Edge.

Anyone hear anything about it for this year?

No mention of Rebellion, but SD did hold a show in Manchester last month during the Passport to Pain tour. The main event was Angle / Undertaker Vs. Lesnar / Cena. I hope they come out with a DVD for the show. They should as they had Insurrextion this year...

Guest Megatron
No mention of Rebellion, but SD did hold a show in Manchester last month during the Passport to Pain tour. The main event was Angle / Undertaker Vs. Lesnar / Cena. I hope they come out with a DVD for the show. They should as they had Insurrextion this year...

But Insurextion or whatever was a UK PPV. The show you mentioned wasn't, right? Usually nothing of note happens on those shows anyway. The last UK PPV of any consequence was SummerSlam '92. I don't think WWE views the UK as a place where storylines should be advanced. Unless, of course, they are going to show it in the US. I think they are fine with just exhibition matches being shown over there.

Guest Metallica

There won't be a DVD of the Manchester show because there was only one camera guy and he only filmed a couple of matches for a few minutes.

WWE have decided to stop doing the UK PPV events, probably because of low buy rates. Why pay for a UK PPV where nothing important happens when the UK gets stuff shows like Wrestlemania for free?

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

UK PPV's are no more. They are not worth the production crew heading over for them given the declining popularity of wrestling here in the UK meaning nobody purchasing them!

'Normal' house shows are better, anyway.

The last UK PPV of any consequence was SummerSlam '92.

One Night Only had the European Title change, plus the cool Owen/Vader and Bret/Taker matches.

And yes, UK PPV's regularly sucked since 99. I won't miss them.

WWE have decided to stop doing the UK PPV events, probably because of low buy rates.

When was this announced? I must have missed it.

It was never offricially anounced but WWE pulled the can and just scheduled multiple house shows instead. They don't have anything planned for 2004 UK PPV wise either.

Its a shame really. Rebellion last year was great and Insurrextion this year was surprisingly good.

Guest hunger4unger

The UK PPV for the fall was in September. They did two shows, one in Birmingham and the PPV in Manchester. WWE have not decided to stop doing UK PPV's...

The UK PPV for the fall was in September. They did two shows, one in Birmingham and the PPV in Manchester. WWE have not decided to stop doing UK PPV's...

Where'd you hear that?

Well thats funny, if WWE did do a PPV in England in September it must of slipped there minds to ya know actually broadcast it in the UK

Wrong month and neither were PPVs

WWE (Smackdown!) @ Birmingham, England - NEC Arena - October 11, 2003

WWE (Smackdown!) @ Manchester, England - Evening News Arena - October 12, 2003 (matinee)

It was scheduled to be in Birmingham on 10/11, according to an August article.

*sigh* If only hunger4unger had read ALL the posts in this thread....

Guest Metallica

Um, yes they have.

I was at the Manchester show, it wasn't a PPV.

Maybe UK PPVs will be back next year but I doubt it.

Guest ravman77

Has any of the top brass at the WWE ever given a reason why the UK has never had a big PPV since Summerslam 92 where we sold out an 80k+ arena? Always struck me as very odd?

I would think it would have to do with the time zone difference. Summer Slam 92 was shown with a two-day delay but back then you didn't have the Internet giving out the results 5 minutes after the show. If they were to do something like that today - they would either have to do a time delay or be forced to air a PPV at noon west coast time. The money just wouldn't be there.

One Night Only had the European Title change, plus the cool Owen/Vader and Bret/Taker matches.

I can't remember where or when, but Steve Regal dropped the Euro title to Crash in England.

I can't remember where or when, but Steve Regal dropped the Euro title to Crash in England.

And Davey Boy beat Crash for the Hardcore title in an impromptu match.

Even so, One Night Only was still the last PPV of any consequence!