TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Box Office Report for 10/31-11/2...

1. Scary Movie 3 - $21.1 million ($78.6 million)

2. Brother Bear - $18.5 million ($18.9 million)

3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - $10.9 million ($66.1 million)

4. Radio - $10.2 million ($26.8 million)

5. Runaway Jury - $6.8 million ($33.6 million)

6. Mystic River - $6.2 million ($33.5 million)

7. Kill Bill Vol. 1 - $4.7 million ($60.9 million)

8. School of Rock - $4.4 million ($69.1 million)

9. Intolerable Cruelty - $2.6 million ($32 million)

10. In The Cut - $2.3 million ($2.4 million)

I saw Scary Movie for the second time the other day..damn that movie gets old fast, the only part I enjoyed more was the Leslie Neilsen shit.

Nice to see Kill Bill and School of Rock stick around..need to see Mystic River, too.

Wth the exception of Kill Bill there's just nothing I want to see right now

*cough*Matrix on Wed.*cough*

Eh. After Reloaded I wouldn't blame anyone for not caring about Revolutions. I'm going to end up seeing it no matter what, though, because my dad and sister are Matrix marks. Go Agent Smith.

Wow, I knew the re-release of Alien wouldn't do that well.. but it didn't even make the list.

That's cause it was limited release. Only like 350 theaters.

Heh, it's never a good sign about the heroes in your trilogy when people are actively wanting the heel to win. I talked to a guy recently who said he wanted Agent Smith to be the only survivor in Revolutions.

Yeah I'll probably go see it too but frankly I'm resigned to the fact that there is nothing good they can possibly do in this film. After Reloaded there is just no good way to end it.

I'm in the same boat as you all regarding Revolutions. Reloaded definitely didn't make me want to see the final installment. But I will because 1) I'm not paying for it and 2) I've already seen the other two, might as well see the third one.

But outside of seeing Kill Bill for the fourth time, I don't really have a strong desire to see anything else currently out.

Heh, it's never a good sign about the heroes in your trilogy when people are actively wanting the heel to win. I talked to a guy recently who said he wanted Agent Smith to be the only survivor in Revolutions.

Yeah I'll probably go see it too but frankly I'm resigned to the fact that there is nothing good they can possibly do in this film. After Reloaded there is just no good way to end it.

Most people I know wanted Darth Vader to win.

After seeing Reloaded, combined with plot points I have read about Revolutions, I am not excited to see Revolutions but I most likely will for piece of mind and to for my own opinion about it.

Guest FrigidSoul

I have to say one of my more enjoyable theater experiences came by seeing Matrix: ReLoaded and X:2 in the same day.

I liked ReLoaded better than the original personally

Me too, actually. The story was better, the acting was better, the fight scenes were better...I just thought it was a completely superior film. I can't wait to see how they fucking end it, though, because I think the Wachowski's fucked themselves in the ass by

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

having The Architect say that there have been so many Neo's and Zion has been destroyed so many times that all Neo needs to do is "destroy" The Matrix so it can all repeat again.

I've read spoilers, I'm pretty sure they aren't real (and they aren't the ones Johnson posted but more believable, IMO) and I don't like the direction.

But I did watch a 20 minute HBO special today on Revolutions and it looked pretty sweet.

We'll see, already have my tickets for Wed.

When it's all said and done that whole Architect scene will go down as one of the biggest brainfarts in movie history. Personally I haven't ever seen a scene that did so much to harm a series. Let's review:

--Neo isn't actually The One, but more like the 6th or 7th. So in other words he ain't so special.

--Everything Morpheus said turns out to be wrong so he looks like a fool, thus killing his credibility.

--Most importantly, the Architect says that 99% of the people inside the Matrix ACCEPT the Matrix. What kind of shit is that? How can we back our heroes to destroy the evil Matrix when most people actually think it's just fine and dandy?

Anyway when ROTK comes out you'll see the full extent of how much Peter Jackson will make the Wachowski Bros. his bitches.

11-20

11 In the Cut SONY/SCREEN $2,063,361/$2,239,702

12 Under the Tuscan Sun BV $1,694,685/ $39,828,642

13 Lost in Translation FOCUS $1,233,218/ $24,844,796

14 Out of Time MGM $1,082,591/$39,314,901

15 The Human Stain M'MAX/DIM $1,034,195/$1,034,195

16 ALIEN - THE DIRECTOR'S CUT FOX $1,023,665/$1,287,560

17 Beyond Borders PARA $1,016,184 /$3,817,474

18 Secondhand Lions NL $665,205/$40,936,132

19 The Rundown UNIV $500,320/$46,971,230

20 Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl BV $433,278/$301,823,371

That's awful for Beyond Borders...it was on almost 1800 screens. But it looked like crap anyway

I've read spoilers, I'm pretty sure they aren't real (and they aren't the ones Johnson posted but more believable, IMO) and I don't like the direction.

You mean the ones where The Matrix was just a dream Bill and/or Ted had?

And color me semi-shocked at the success of Scary Movie 3. Here's hoping it gets Anna Farris into more movies. She's cute.

Ok let's go back to that Vader comment. I think the whole "I cheer for Vader" thing is just a poseur bullshit remark. In the original trilogy they do such a good job of getting us to care about the heroes that it's hard not to root for them.

Considering that Vader reunites with Luke and redeems himself in the end, I'd say that he does win. Sorta.

However, I think a lot of people seriously don't care much for Neo and Co. There is actual support for Smith, and really if you want to think about it, is he that bad of a guy? To sum up:

--Smith originally is just doing his job maintaining order in the Matrix vs. a group of rebels who threaten the system and everyone in it.

--After being defeated in the 1st film he is hung out to dry as a scapegoat and banished. Instead of just diminishing he still goes after Neo, this time as a more personal vendetta for being humiliated and also for losing his job as an agent.

Since this pertains to the 3rd one, I shall use the spoiler:

--Smith now is replicating himself and generally fucking with everyone. He hates Neo and the rebels, he hates the Matrix itself. In short he is out to destroy it.

After reading all that and seeing the various motivations for Smith's character and development, it is easy to see why people think he is cool. Besides, who doesn't mark out for "Mrrrr. Anderrrrson!"

Guest FrigidSoul

When the hell is the new LotR coming out? I haven't seen any commercials for it yet but I would think around Christmas like the others