TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Survivor Series will be great!

I don't see the point of ripping into a thread because they are gonna enjoy the damn show and you aren't.

Personally, I think the show is gonna be shit, with a couple of matches having potential.

Guest Salacious Crumb
RRR what about people who would order the ppv but are just too cheap?

Go to a bar that gets the PPVs then.

RRR what about people who would order the ppv but are just too cheap?

You all can burn in hell with Bunnies and Santa Claus. And who says what I can and can't rip into??? Until "you can't say anything bad about the WWE" becomes a rule, I believe I'm free to write whatever I want as long as it's on topic.

Whatever man, go watch the most overrated talent of the 90's, Vader then. He's a good worker, yes, but most of his U.S. fame came from a monster push in a bush league and ALWAYS being booked in programs with superior talents (Michaels, Flair, Sting, Cactus, etc.). And if you wanna bash the "Hoss" Team for being UNSAFE....then look at VADER, goddamnit, his record isn't very clean.

I'm not gonna rip Vader, 'cause its just my opinion that he's overrated, so I shouldn't be flamed. He's still a great talent.

But for you to automatically judge a PPV before the full lineup's out as being crap and calling all the people that posted here and have some anticipation for the show "dumb", well then I guess you're the type of pessimist who is happy with berating others and watching your slow Japanese wrestlers of equal stature mount each other for 35 minutes and tell a "story". Sorry man, but I'll take an uphill battle that hasn't even happened yet over a "Rocky Mountain Monster" that doesn't wash his tights.

And if you wanna bash the "Hoss" Team for being UNSAFE....then look at VADER, goddamnit, his record isn't very clean.

"I'll go watch Inoki vs. Vader... then I get to see someone I don't care about dying at the hands of a hoss (though a good one, which you won't find much of on this card).. "

Read. Words. Left to right. Up down. Learn.

Vader had good matches. Vader actually had great matches. The price paid was well worth it.

I'm not gonna rip Vader, 'cause its just my opinion that he's overrated, so I shouldn't be flamed. He's still a great talent.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

Your opinion basically means dicknothing to me.

But for you to automatically judge a PPV before the full lineup's out as being crap and calling all the people that posted here and have some anticipation for the show "dumb", well then I guess you're the type of pessimist who is happy with berating others and watching your slow Japanese wrestlers of equal stature mount each other for 35 minutes and tell a "story". Sorry man, but I'll take an uphill battle that hasn't even happened yet over a "Rocky Mountain Monster" that doesn't wash his tights.

Spoiler (Highlight to Read):

And this, essentially, is why.

Guest Corino 1000

I know you have your own opinion but honestly there only around 3 good matches on the card.

Guest Choken One
Choken, agreed. Argument is not to his quality of matches, but to how he claimed his U.S. notoriety.

By putting on insane physical matches with the likes that have never been seen or even duplicated since.

Flair gained his U.S noreity by going "WHOOO!"

and putting on Re-Runs every night in the ring.

Guest Anglesault
Orton will add some heat and will likely draw a good pop when/if he is eliminated

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Guest Salacious Crumb
Orton will add some heat and will likely draw a good pop when/if he is eliminated

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Man my hearing must be going. I usually hear crickets chirping when Orton's out.

Guest Anglesault

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Man my hearing must be going. I usually hear crickets chirping when Orton's out.

Nah, we're just negative or something

Give Orton time, jeez. He's been doing alright for a new character (as of what, Feb. 2003, was when his Evolution ran began) placed next side to HHH and Flair.

His character hasn't really had that much time to grow. He's good on the mic, and his in-ring skills, while not great, are improving.

My reasoning for Orton adding heat to the match is that his heel character truly stands as an individual, not as "the skinny guy" when HHH and Flair are out there. At SSeries, he's on a tea representing himself. Less stubborn fans who can enjoy the product will not like him as a character, so that works.

And if you want to talk about crickets, Anglesault, I suggest you watch Angle/Stasiak.....Angle/Blackman, etc...a character needs times to grow, as Angle did. It didnt hurt that Angle was also booked with great talents afterwards, like Jericho and Benoit.

Angle was always booked as a comedic doofus at first, so he got clown heat after his debut.

Orton is booked as a cocky asshole...it takes time to take him seriously. Even more time to take him seriously when he's always surrounded by the essential "cocky" heels, HHH and Flair.

I think SSeries will be a breakthrough for him, or if nothing, a chance to see how he does away from Evolution for the night.

Give the show a chance.

Give Orton time, jeez. He's been doing alright for a new character (as of what, Feb. 2003, was when his Evolution ran began) placed next side to HHH and Flair.

He's had a chance...he's been around for a while...he sucks in the ring. Plain and simple.

His character hasn't really had that much time to grow. He's good on the mic, and his in-ring skills, while not great, are improving.

His character has had a good year to grow. Oh and he's not improving...at all.

My reasoning for Orton adding heat to the match is that his heel character truly stands as an individual, not as "the skinny guy" when HHH and Flair are out there. At SSeries, he's on a tea representing himself. Less stubborn fans who can enjoy the product will not like him as a character, so that works.

Yes we're to stubborn because we hate a guy that can't wrestle worth shit. Oh and I seem to remember him not drawing ANY heat. Damn all those fans are stubborn to. You're the only non-stubborn one!

And if you want to talk about crickets, Anglesault, I suggest you watch Angle/Stasiak.....Angle/Blackman, etc...a character needs times to grow, as Angle did. It didnt hurt that Angle was also booked with great talents afterwards, like Jericho and Benoit.

Yes but Angle while not always great was at least decent. Orton doesn't even have that going for him. Plus Angle got over in about 4 months. Orton's had longer than that and hasn't gotten over at all.

Angle was always booked as a comedic doofus at first, so he got clown heat after his debut.

What does that have to do with anything?

Orton is booked as a cocky asshole...it takes time to take him seriously. Even more time to take him seriously when he's always surrounded by the essential "cocky" heels, HHH and Flair.

Get this straight.....HE'S HAD TIME.

I think SSeries will be a breakthrough for him, or if nothing, a chance to see how he does away from Evolution for the night.

He will suck as usual...he's not getting any better in the ring.

Give the show a chance.

Everything over the past 2 years has sucked. What's to think this will be any better?

Guest Mulatto Heat
I don't see the point of ripping into a thread because they are gonna enjoy the damn show and you aren't.

I knew this was going to be brought up. And as such I had my answer ready: compare this thread, where the guy says that the PPV is going to be great (basically stating it as a given fact) and listing his reasons why as if they're right and set in stone, to Anglesault's thread, where he obviously is viewing the PPV in a negative light BUT asked everyone to come up with some redeemable aspects so that it can be discussed. The first post of this thread doesn't give any indication of wanting to start a discussion, it's more like a preaching sermon.

Personally, I think the show is gonna be shit, with a couple of matches having potential.

This glides smoothly to my next point, so I thank you. Now, imagine that you start up a thread "Survivor Series is going to SUCK ASS: And this is why". You'd get those who are going to say stuff like "why do you still watch?" or the always pleasant "shut up and get a life". While not all the comments would be completely unwarranted, there's little to no difference between that hypothetical thread and this one, where there are both warranted and unwarranted comments as well. It's just on two different sides of the fence.

But as a side note, I did like how before RRR posted that "Team Angle will bring the matwork" and after RRR posted it was "The match doesn't have to be a scientific classic". Take a stance and stick with it, kid.

Guest Anglesault
Give Orton time, jeez

I did. Going on a full year now.

His huge push has started, and I'll be damned, his time has run out.

He should have been ready for the beginning of the push.

His character hasn't really had that much time to grow

How long is enough time? Six months? Eight months? A Year? Two?

My reasoning for Orton adding heat to the match is that his heel character truly stands as an individual, not as "the skinny guy" when HHH and Flair are out there.

Then why do fans only react when HHH or Flair are out there?

And if you want to talk about crickets, Anglesault, I suggest you watch Angle/Stasiak.....Angle/Blackman, etc...

Angle's first television match and a feud less than one month into his tenure are being compared to Orton's disturbing lack of success a year and a half after his debut and six months after the beginning of his push?

Why?

I think SSeries will be a breakthrough for him,

Sounds oddly familiar.

(This was said about Summerslam and Unforgiven.)

or if nothing, a chance to see how he does away from Evolution for the night.

We've seen what he does without Evolution. Draw Zero heat and have a bad match.

Yay!

Edited by Anglesault

Guest Mulatto Heat

And what's this about the Smackdown Survivor Series match being an "internet match" because Benoit and Angle make up 20% of the participants? That's a completely ridiculous thing to say. I hope you weren't thinking when you said it. Does that also mean that Benoit/A-Train from last month was an "internet match" as well? What ARE the requirements of an "internet match"? Now I'm intrigued.

Two things:

Orton has not been getting his character over for a year. He was hurt immediately after he joined Evolution (as was Batista) in a house show tag Vs. the Dudleyz. His character started the Raw following Bad Blood (or at Bad Blood, when his interference established him).

That's July to November. 4 Fucking Months.

In that time, he has worked with: Maven (ugh...), Goldberg (squashed on the road to Unforgiven), Shawn Michaels (in a decent match), Booker T (in a 1 minute spot where T kicked his ass), and was used as fodder in the Elimination Chamber to hide HHH's weakness.

"we all said Orton would have a breakthrough at Summerslam and Unforgiven..."

BULLSHIT! He was NOT going to shine at SummerSlam in a six-way fucking cage match where he was the least exposed on TV of the 6. Unforgiven...hey, he worked a decent match. He's on his way.

And my 2nd point:

The "Internet Match" thing was simply a plea for you "holier than thou" supersmark posters to view The Smackdown tag as Benoit/Angle Vs. The Hosses....a plea for you to enjoy their struggle, and hopefully, their victory. It reflects (once the dead weight on their team is gone) the two top mat-workers Vs. The Slugs.

You people will never, ever be happy unless a new star is perfect from day one. Fuck that. Stunning Steve sucked his first WCW year. I found Mankind lame his first year. Michaels was a chubby, awful singles wrestler (take HBK/El Matador, WM 8....zzz...) until Oct 92...

Give Orton a fucking break and notice positive changes, not negatives.

Or don't, and keep bitching. At least some of us can see the state of wrestling for what it is now: Rebuilding and Establishing New Faces.

Edited by UseTheSledgehammerUh