TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Fuzz leaves Disturbed

The management would like to confirm that Disturbed and Fuzz have parted ways. The band has yet to start the process of finding a replacement. They are currently in the studio writing new material for their upcoming third record and the process is going very well. Projections for the release of the third record are fall of 2004 or spring 2005. The Music As A Weapon DVD/CD has a tentative release date of Feb. 4th, 2004. The final touches are being put on that project as we speak. The band is also hoping to organize a charity softball game and live performance in Chicago sometime in the spring with all of the proceeds being donated to a local female cancer research foundation. More details on that will be available after the new year. The band appreciates the contributions Fuzz had made to the band and they wish him the best in any and all future projects.

As far as the exact reasons why Disturbed and Fuzz have parted ways, as well as whos decision it was and why the decision was made, I hope everyone can appreciate that all 4 parties involved would like to keep that information confidential. I would like to encourage all of you to try and respect the bands privacy on this issue, and to continue showing the amazing amount of support you all have to this point, not only towards Disturbed's future, but to Fuzz's as well.

- Disturbed1.com

Guest Choken One

He wasn't all that as a bass player but he was a very good personality and added a lighter side to Draiman's Complex attitude.

Guest Choken One

I don't consider them Nu-Metal because well they don't suck.

So...According to Metal know all and say all Coreylaz...Disturbed isn't Metal...

I won't call them Rock because that's reserved for the Creed, Nickelback, Staind market...

Disturbed is a class of their own I guess

Guest Choken One

Mostly it's ego, Power control, Personal Issues and Money.

Money is usually the REAL reason.

Ich habe eine große Aufrichtung in meinen Hosen am gegenwärtigen Moment, und ich möchte, daß Sie lassen sie verschwinden gefallen.

No. No, I will not.

Anyways, Disturbed are just very good hard rock.

Guest Choken One

So tell me Corey...What do you perfer about them?

The Lyrics (which are top notch compared to most bands PERIOD, Hard or Metal), Draiman's Completely stand out voice or the music itself?

Do you feel they "sold" out like other well known Hard Rock acts by adding a Ballad and a lighter messages instead of the usual Power Fuck You Anthems they produced in "The Sickness".

I think the lyrics are usually well thought-out (at least on Believe, because "Stupified" is one of the worst fucking songs I've EVER heard), the song structures are good, the instruments sound unique compared to most other bands, and Dramain's voice just WORKS.

You can't sell out, in ANYTHING, if you're doing what you want to do, and just happen to be getting paid for it. I feel it's fairly obvious that Believe was the next step of Disturbed's musical evolution, and the inclusion of a slower song (a "ballad," if you will) is nothing new when talking about a band's sophomore release. By the time a second album comes out, the band has grown as musicians, and want to take their work in certain directions.

One big thing I like about Disturbed is that you can easily identify their songs not only by Dramain's vocals, but also by the sound of the music itself. That attribute, having a fairly unique overall sound, is so lacking in today's music (whatever style you prefer) that when it comes along it should be praised.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Disturbed's totally the middle of the road in hard rock. Ok and overplayed, but their live performance I saw keeps me from really disliking them. They're better than a lot of bands coming out today, which is something, albeit not a whole lot.

By the way, Smile Empty Soul is the new worst band on earth.