TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rawknight

Cruiserweights...

FYI, the official limit is 230.

Like the rest of the divisional rules, this was enacted by Taamic Fiat and implemented in the Flesher/Clark match when Tom returned after a month or so off following losing a ladder match at Clusterfuck to Wildchild (when WC won the Cruiserweight Championship). Tom had ballooned from 213 to 235 over the break, and eventually cut to a walking-around weight of 231 when he got in shape. For cruiserweight matches, he would come in (and be announced) at 229.9 to heel it up and do the cruiserweight-bully schtick.

Similarly, the twenty-count on the outside was created to allow Flesher to do more bullying outside of the ring, and the rule against throwing an opponent over the top rope was implemented to allow Flesher to throw an opponent over the top rope and then deny it.

When I decided to make revitalizing the division a pet project a few months ago, I started really pushing for the rules to be used in every cruiserweight match. They seem to be accepted, and I'm happy to see the division doing its thing without necessarily focusing entirely on the belt.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind being more involved in the division some time. Every now and then I mention spending a little time in the Cruiser Division, yet I can't remember ever having the 'cruiserweight addenda' added to one of my match.

Just noticed this.

Not everybody can be World Champion and nobody except Thoth can get the belt away from Flesher anyway.

Give the rest of us a little credit. Flesher's a great writer, but anybody can lose to anyone on any given day.

Pfft. No I can't.

Edited by Ace309

I'm with Dub Cee in that I would rather hold a mid-card belt (or, in 13th Hour's case, a main event belt, but you know what I mean) than the World Title. I'm more than willing to be involved in the Cruiserweight Division now that I'm able to write again.