TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray

Forgotten free TV classics?

It wasn't a TV match, but Rock/Mankind/Foley Cage from Break Down '98 is my favourite WWE triple threat match of the 90's.

Yet it's hardly remembered.

double people's elbow!

Booker T vs. RVD vs. Jericho on Raw, can't remember when

that was the night after Survivor Series laste year for the number one contender spot.

i marked out Big for Jericho's Five Star Frog Splash!

Guest Boo_Bradley

I always liked Hacksaw vs Rude from the same SNME as the Hogan/bossman cage.... toss in the Busters vs Demolition and Savage carrying Neidhart and you have one heck of a decent line up!

I always liked Hacksaw vs Rude from the same SNME as the Hogan/bossman cage.... toss in the Busters vs Demolition and Savage carrying Neidhart and you have one heck of a decent line up!

Can't match 10/86: Hogan/Orndorff, Roberts/Steamboat, Bulldogs/Dream Team 2/3 falls and a great Piper angle.

Guest Boo_Bradley

I just got that on tape over the summer....

The May 89 SNME holds more Nostagic Value to me

Guest Stunt Granny
Regal/Finlay Parking Lot Brawl from Nitro in 96. That was a damn bloody brawl.

heh. Remember Bicshoff crying for the producers to cut to a wide angle because it was so violent? What a bitch.

Speaking of which, I remember a Regal match on Nitro where the camera was kept at a wide angle through the whole match, like the camera man and production team took a piss break. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? What the hell was that all about?

Speaking of which, I remember a Regal match on Nitro where the camera was kept at a wide angle through the whole match, like the camera man and production team took a piss break. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? What the hell was that all about?

I believe that was against Chris Benoit during the WCW US Title Tournament in late 96. Regal got busted open and Bischoff wanted a wide shot, that's all.

British Bulldogs/Hart Foundation- Saturday Night Main Event 2 out of 3 Falls

The Rock vs Ric Flair- Raw- July 2002?

Steve Austin/Mankind- Raw. One of the very few brutal Raw Match's

Paul Orndorff/Hulk Hogan- SNM A Wonderful Night In Toronto

HBK/Bulldog- SNM 1992

Guest Frank The Tank

Their were a couple of good Vader/Austin matches on Raw in 96. I've also heard their was a Vader/Steamboat match on WCW Saturday Night in 94 and that has to be good.

Their were a couple of good Vader/Austin matches on Raw in 96. I've also heard their was a Vader/Steamboat match on WCW Saturday Night in 94 and that has to be good.

It was during the buildup to SuperBrawl IV with Vader and Flair in the cage. Vader was targetting Steamboat since he and Flair were close.

From what I remember, it was Vader kicking the crap out of Steamboat for the majority of the match with the Dragon coming back with last ditch efforts as he was so known for doing (gets punched ... gets punched again ... throws a chop in return ... etc). Could be wrong but I think Flair did a run-in to get Steamboat DQ'ed (?).

Sting had a good match with Austin in a US Title tournament just before Austin was fired from wcw.

Sting didn't face Austin in that tourney but he did beat him in the 1991 US title tournament.

Austin beat Duggan before losing to Savage in the 95 version.

I still can't decide what was better...Owen Winking at me or Mr. Perfect stealing my sign and making a urniating gesture on it and then HHH picked it up (this was a HHH/HBK Main event) and HHH began to rip it up but Shawn put a stop to that and layed out HHH and High fived me.

I envy for arena interaction luck. What did your sign say anyway?

Anway I add to the list Bret Hart / Razor Ramon Vs. Hakushi / Jeff Jarett on RAW sometime in 95.

As for forgotten TV matches- Rock vs Mankind- WWF Title Ladder Match 2-15-99.

I was there live. I also have it on tape, but I haven't watched it in years. I think I taped over the first ten minutes a while back.

Sting had a good match with Austin in a US Title tournament just before Austin was fired from wcw.

Sting didn't face Austin in that tourney but he did beat him in the 1991 US title tournament.

Austin beat Duggan before losing to Savage in the 95 version.

They had a match on Saturday Night a week before the brackets were announced. I bremember it being good, but I also remember being deflated after seeing Austin job . . . again.

I also loved the Steamboat/Austin match from Clash Aug94. A perfect blowoff to a great wrestling feud. The spot where Austin starts slapping Steamboat and Ricky becoming more and more pissed before finally snapping on Austin still gets me marking out. Unfortunately, it was The Dragon's last match.

Unfortunately, it was The Dragon's last match.

Not quite his last but it was close. I don't think Steamboat suffered his injury until a week or so before Fall Brawl in a match with Austin.

May not be as forgotten as some, but Taka/HHH from Raw in April 2000 had OFF THE CHART heat.

hell yea it did.

almost everyone was rooting for taka to win. shit i seriously thought he could pull out the victory.....