TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JacK

Bob Ryder's 'Notes From Backstage'

Guest JacK
Tonight's show will be an interesting one for a number of reasons. Sting and AJ Styles battle Jeff Jarrett and Lex Luger in a main event that has prompted a tremendous amount of discussion online. Other matches include two second round matches in the X Division Triple Chance Tournament. Former partners Christopher Daniels and Low Ki face off in one match up and the other match is scheduled between Sonjay Dutt and Chad Collyer. Chris Sabin had been scheduled to compete in the match against Collyer, but suffered an injury last week at the hands of "X". Abyss takes on Don Harris, Raven and a mystery partner face Redshirt Security, and a Gauntlet Match is scheduled to determine number one contenders for the tag titles. Add it all together and it looks like a very interesting program.

If you watched last week's show, you saw one of the bloodiest matches in TNA history. Raven said he was going to destroy Father James Mitchell, and that's exactly what he did. Mitchell's wounds were so severe that they were still bleeding the next day when he flew home to Florida. I'm told he fell asleep while on the flight home, only to be awakened by a tap on his shoulder from a flight attendant who wanted to let him know that his face was covered with blood.

Just a reminder to those of you who have ordered the new TNA DVD or VHS releases...they're set to ship out the first week of December.

Hopefully you are noticing a dramatic increase in the speed that the website is loading. We've made some enhancements to our servers and have added more bandwidth to handle traffic that has been climbing steadily in recent weeks.

We're planning two very special recap shows for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve this year. No live shows either week, but we'll have a unique look back at some of the best moments of the past year featuring exclusive comments from TNA superstars. We'll have more details and specifics about these shows soon.

It was great seeing Nikita Koloff again last week when he visited backstage. I still get a chuckle thinking of the first time Jeremy Borash met Nikita backstage at a WCW show a few years back. Jeremy was shocked to find out Nikita spoke English.

We've had a great response from promoters who are signing up for the special access to www.TnaBookings.com. If you are a promoter looking to book TNA talent, you will definitely want to take advantage of the special offers made available to promoters who book through us.

If you are attending tonight's show live, be sure to get to the building early. Trinity will be signing autographs at the merchandise table when doors open.

We were all saddened to hear the tragic news that Michael Lockwood passed away last week. It seems like only yesterday that he was in our offices filming some of the "Mad Mikey" vignettes, and now he is gone. He'll be sadly missed.

That's it for this week. I'll be back next week with more Notes From Backstage. Until then...enjoy the show!

Bob Ryder

www.nwatna.com

[email protected]

Dude; I'm told he fell asleep while on the flight home, only to be awakened by a tap on his shoulder from a flight attendant who wanted to let him know that his face was covered with blood.

That is sick! I mean, wow, that is amazing. I'm just lost for words, that would be quite a disturbing thing for a flight attendant to see.

Guest El Satanico

Outside of those who can't stand the sight of blood, it wouldn't be that disturbing.

Tonight's show does not look promising. Ki-Daniels will be a slow-plodding 10 minute match that will be a shadow of their normal work ending with Daniels somehow cheating to win.

They work a totally different style for many reasons.

1) In RoH, Ki and Styles for example, would get 20-25 minutes to put on a match. This way, they are able to have a beginning, middle, and end to the match, and build it up nicely, leading to the big finish. In TNA, guys like Ki, Styles, and Daniels seem to get 9-13 minutes, so they pretty much completely skip the buildup and rely on spotty work instead, which brings the quality of the matches way down.

2) I think that the aformentioned workers believe that the stiff, submission-style stuff wouldn't get over in TNA, and judging by reports of Daniels-Ki on Wednesday, it seems like the crowd wasn't really digging the submission work.

It's worth mentioning that my favorite Styles-Ki match was not in RoH, it was in Zero-1, and that match was really pretty damn good.

Ki-Daniels from RRC 02 was pretty solid, but it was Daniels' second match and Ki was saving a lot for his second match. In other words, they can do a lot better and have in the past.