TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Shows you love that...

For me it's any WCW-WWF TV (Clash of the Champions, Countdown to WM, etc) or PPV event from 1992, I love going back and watching them now.

SummerSlam 1989 is another one. Outside of the Hart Foundation-Brainbusters match, I believe that show is generally disliked.

One thing I never understood was why WCW always clipped their PPV releases in the late '80s/early '90s. Bill Watts said in a WCW magazine interview years ago -- which is pretty much a shoot -- he didn't understand why that was done, and felt it was a rip off to the fans. He compared it to a movie studio editing a film leaving only 15 minutes.

I want to say it was a bad habit kept from Jim Crockett Promotions, where their video releases were mostly matches from different venues an event took place at (EX: GAB '87 in Atlanta, Miami).

i always liked Summerslam 89 because of Rude/Warrior,Brainbusters/Hart Foundation and Martel and Rougeaus vs Santana and the Rockers.Jesse goes on a great rant to tony schiavone which i can't do justice but it's the one about guns and using weapons outside the ring.

For me it's any WCW-WWF TV (Clash of the Champions, Countdown to WM, etc) or PPV event from 1992, I love going back and watching them now.

1992 in either fed can do no wrong with me. I started watching the WWF that year, WCW in 93, so I dig all the quality (Bret, HBK, all the PPVs) and crap (Mountie, Papa Shango) that Vince had to offer.

Thanks to video tapes, I really got into Bill Watts' run in WCW. It brought a lot more credibility to the industry in that it presented the wrestlers as legit athletes. Some of the added rules may have been lame but in terms of straight up old school wrestling I don't think you could do better with guys like Austin, Steamboat, Dr. Death, Gordy, Windham, Vader, Pillman, Simmons, Sting, Rude, etc. Even Muta and Liger did a little TV during that time.

The year I enjoyed most of all the years I watched wrestling was 2000. I watched WWF, WCW, ECW and UPW(The one that shows a mixture of old WCCW and USWA and newer C-Grade indy matches). Here's how my week went for wrestling viewing

Monday: Nitro and Raw

Tuesday: Off Day

Wednesday: Thunder

Thursday: Smackdown

Friday: ECW on TNN

Saturday: WCW Saturday Night and WWF Shotgun

Sunday: UPW and Sunday Night Heat

Add to that several PPVs and me renting wrestling tapes constantly. Man I fucking miss those days. Strangely in 2000 I considered myself more of a WCW fan than anything- for some strange reason I wanted to go down with that ship.

I love Survivor Series 89.

*Pre-taped comments before the show*

"I'm thankful for having the most ravishing body in the WWF  *smooch*"  - Rick Rude

"I'm thankful that I'm not Ricky Rude *smooch*"  - Roddy Piper

I picked up Battlebowl 93 several years back on eBay.  That was the first I had seen it.  Some good buildup to Flair / Vader and Austin / Rhodes.

Had Fall Brawl 97 ever been commercially released, I would have bought it long long ago.  I was pretty hyped for that show.

Yah some really great pre match comments. You forget the classic:

"I'm thankful that I'm rich and you're not! Hahahahahaha!" - Ted DiBiase

Here's my fave:

"What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving?... MY POLKA DOTS!!!" - Dusty Rhodes

God do I love the Survivor Series 89 thanksgiving comments...so many classics! :)

Guest Kane Fan

I loved 2000 because it was my first year of watching WWE. It was exciting to watch Taker return. The HHH/Rock and HHH/Foley feuds were excellent. New talent in Saturn, Malenko,Eddie,Benoit,Jericho and Angle. A superb tag division - Duds, E+C, Hardys, Too Cool, Acolytes, Kai en Tai and the NAO. Plus I marked out when Kane was in the title hunt with Rock and Taker and each week they battled the Faction.

Ah - good times!

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I loved 2000 because it was my first year of watching WWE. It was exciting to watch Taker return. The HHH/Rock and HHH/Foley feuds were excellent. New talent in Saturn, Malenko,Eddie,Benoit,Jericho and Angle. A superb tag division - Duds, E+C, Hardys, Too Cool, Acolytes, Kai en Tai and the NAO. Plus I marked out when Kane was in the title hunt with Rock and Taker and each week they battled the Faction.

Ah - good times!

God I miss those days. But I still consider 1992-93 my favorite time for WWF.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I would have to agree with cawthon and say that no matter how bad something's were in 92 it's all pretty much gold to me. That was when I was at the hights of my aptermag markhood........

Judgment Day 2001.

Survivor Series 95 (I never hear it trashed, but it doesn't get that much praise either)

Rumble 96

Havoc 95 just for the Flair turn.

Guest Stunt Granny

Dude, they were called The Regime. Get it right or pay the price.

My personal favorite PPV that everyone hates or dislikes is SummerSlam '94. Yes it had the greatest cage match of all time but I like everthing else too. Razor Ramon finally beating Diesel for the IC title, Tatanka's heel turn, Undertaker vs. Undertaker might have been lame but the pre match entrances were super cool. I was only lad at the time but I loved the hell out of that PPV and must have seen it 20 times.

Anything from WCW or WWF in 1992-1993 is gold with me. That was when I really got into wrestling and except for WWF Royal Rumble 1992 which I now have on video I ordered every WWF PPV and I loved WWF Prime Time Wrestling, WWF Challenge and WWF Superstars and then I loved WWF Monday Night Raw and WWF Mania. As far as WCW goes WCW Saturday Night was unreal back then plus I enjoyed WCW Power Hour, WCW World Wide and WCW Main Event. The only WCW PPV I ordered around that time was WCW Great American Bash 1992 but I have a bunch of other one's and a bunch of WCW Clash of the Champions from that time on video. My favorite PPV of all time is still WWF WrestleMania VIII and I think the most underrated PPV from that time is WWF Survivor Series 1993.

Thanks.