TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest El Satanico

DVD Releases

Guest El Satanico

The funny thing is that when you watch King of Queens you're thinking "there's no way he'd get her". But Kevin James' actual wife ain't bad looking either. So the show's not total bs in the regard.

Guest Mercutio X. Machina

Pfft. Like a comedian who shall remain nameless said, all of America is geared towards women now. Especially American sitcoms. Every show has some fat lazy dullard who has the hottest, smartest wife on the block and he's just LUCKY TO HAVE HER.

What a load of B.S.

On the surface, those two seem like an odd couple, but women do start going for the personality and humor thing a lot more as time passes. Doesn't mean they stop liking good looking guys, it's just that they become a little more open-minded about it all. And at the risk of sounding like a homofag, Kevin James isn't a bad looking guy, he's just got the weight thing going on, and he's actually lost weight recently.

As for the actual show, it's one of the few comedies I could actually get into watching on a regular basis these days. Ever since Seinfeld went off, there hasn't been a show that's commanded my weekly viewing (aside from the Simpsons), but King of Queens is pretty damn close to being the first one. I'm still lousy at remembering it's on, but I always enjoy it when I do remember. The writing is genius at times, and let's face it, James makes the show. He's got that ability to take lines that would be mediocre or unfunny elsewhere, and make them hilarious just because of how he says them and the emotions he uses while doing them. Can't wait to get a hold of Season One.

Damn, Alot of DVDs to buy this week:

LOTR

Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Volume 1

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Volume 1

Ric Flair DVD

and yes the wife from King of Queens rules, I like the show but not enough to get me to buy the DVD.

I just got home from Best Buy, didn't realize Aqua Teens were out... grrr....

I did pick up just the extended Two Towers and Santa Clause 2 (it's actually pretty funny and I am a mark for Christmas stuff (movies, music)). I got a CD too, but this is a different folder.

They had no Flair out and now I know about Aqua Teens, so I may have to go back.

Guest hhheld_down

Space ghost

Aqua Teen

Flair

must have dvds for me.. only things I can afford now too.

I tried a couple places but didn't find it, so I went with Amazon.com. I didn't feel like paying for shipping, though, so I took the free super-slow shipping. I should get the DVD between 11/29-12/02.

Guest DVD Spree
Ichi The Killer gets no love?

*Gives Ichi the Killer love*

Region 1 Ichi sucks major ass - get the HKL (same goes for just about any HK movie released in Region 1).