TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpww7

One and Only NFL Week 11 Thread

Guest Salacious Crumb

Man the Vikings really got proven to be frauds this year, but I guess that's what happens when you beat up on bad teams to start your season.

The Green Bay fandom was a completely objective decision made on my part when I was 12 and decided to start watching football. I wanted a team that was known for the insanity of its fans, had a lot of history, a simple easy-to-draw logo, and was generally good. If I had gone with my father on the NFL team to like, I'd be a Jets fan. There you go.

You were 12 in 1995 (if your profile is to be believed)

By that justification you have there, for that time period, you should be a Cowboys fan, hehe

The Green Bay fandom was a completely objective decision made on my part when I was 12 and decided to start watching football. I wanted a team that was known for the insanity of its fans, had a lot of history, a simple easy-to-draw logo, and was generally good. If I had gone with my father on the NFL team to like, I'd be a Jets fan. There you go.

You were 12 in 1995 (if your profile is to be believed)

By that justification you have there, for that time period, you should be a Cowboys fan, hehe

Oh, I knew to hate the Cowboys. Father's programming succeeded there. I also didn't want a team that had just won the Super Bowl or was in the middle of a dominant run, I wanted one that was just below the best teams.

EDIT: And Cowboys fans pale in comparison to Cheeseheads. Cheeseheads generally aren't rednecks either.

Why do the Vikings get all the shit for supposedly building up their winning record against fluff teams? Dallas, KC, Carolina have all done the same thing essentially

The only real team to have a good record with a tough schedule has been New England

And you've never been to South Carolina. Trust me, these are the real deal rednecks around here.

Colts/Jets is a real sleeper game. It's getting GOOD in Indianapolis, with the Colts failing to convert a 4th down that would have put the Jets away. Jets ball close to Indy territory, down 38-31.

Guest FrigidSoul
The only real team to have a good record with a tough schedule has been New England

Its been more impressive too with the amount of big time injuries the Pats have endured as well.

I mean before the year started if somebody were to say "The Pats cut Lawyer Milloy, then lose Roosevelt Colvin, Ted Johnson, Ted Washington, Mike Compton, and David Patten to long term injuries (some of which season ending), and then also lose Vrabel, Brown, Seymour a few weeks, and still have no running game" would anybody have guessed they would be 7-2 going into the bye? I certainly wouldn't have

And you've never been to South Carolina.

Survey says...

X

I've been to both places. I've seen redneckedness of all forms, north (they're up there) and south

Guest FrigidSoul
well, Tampa Bay's finished in terms of any hopes for the playoffs..

That's what happens when you have an over rated QB, no running game, and a shitty O-Line coming off your SB season(thus meaning you have the toughest schedule in your conference)

KC's beaten several good teams and so has Carolina.

KC schedule

Chargers 27-14 W

Steelers 41-20 W

Texans 42-14 W

Ravens 17-10 W

Broncos 24-23 W

Packers 40-34 W

Raiders 17-10 W

Bills 38-5 W

Browns 41-20 W

Bengals 19-24 L

Only real good team was Denver, with a push to Green Bay (in both cases KC needed last minute heroics on to win)

Carolina Schedule

Jaguars 24-23 W

Buccaneers 12-9 W

Falcons 23-3 W

Saints 19-13 W

Colts 23-20 W

Titans 17-37 L

Saints 23-20 W

Texans 10-14 L

Buccaneers 27-24 W

Redskins 20-17 W

Good win over the Colts and that's it. Would've initially thought two wins over Tampon Bay would be good, but the season is proving otherwise

Guest FrigidSoul
How is it that freaking DALLAS has as many wins as last year's Super Bowl teams COMBINED???

Cupcake schedule

FUCK

INT by Dinosaur Woodson

Edit: Challenge by Minnesota, we'll see (I have it on radio, don't know if it was bad or not)

eh..Packers INT and the Pack wins..

Dammit, Vikes need to win this then

Last thing I need is to watch is Fat Bay surpass us and then put up with supposedly classy White Bay fans taunting us every step of the way (Disco Kwee Wee I'm looking at you)

And the Vikes lose the challenge

Guest FrigidSoul

With this Bucs loss does that pretty much guarentee them letting Sapp, Lynch, Brad Johnson, and Keyshawn walk next year and rebuild around Brooks(the real leader)?