TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

WWE Needs a Token Evil Russian gimmick

Guest JMA
The Russian should be fat, drunk and jolly...........

The only heelish thing is that he's a commie from his childhood days, and the Russian Wrestling scene dried up when communism fell

That's actually not a bad idea. It could be funny.

Kurt Angle was probably the closest thing, but people hated him more because he was obnoxious and holier than thou.

Isn't THAT the entire idea behind an "Evil American" gimmick?

I was thinking more along the lines of a guy like Pat Buchanan. Y'know, an isolationist who hates foreigners.

Sure, I'd love it.

Kurt Angle was probably the closest thing, but people hated him more because he was obnoxious and holier than thou.

Isn't THAT the entire idea behind an "Evil American" gimmick?

I was thinking more along the lines of a guy like Pat Buchanan. Y'know, an isolationist who hates foreigners.

So Bradshaw or Bubba Ray Dudley.

:Sees French man:

Bradshaw: We don't take kindly to you folks around here

:Sees Arab man:

Bubba: USA USA USA USA

Arab: What?

Bubba: We don't like you.

Guest Boo_Bradley
The Russian should be fat, drunk and jolly...........

The only heelish thing is that he's a commie from his childhood days, and the Russian Wrestling scene dried up when communism fell

That's actually not a bad idea. It could be funny.

He's drinking w/ the APA... slurring in broken english...."Time...fur match"

*Knocks American Flag over as he walks out*

Brings vodka bottle to the ring, sipping it.... asks the fans for handouts

He's drinking w/ the APA... slurring in broken english...."Time...fur match"

*Knocks American Flag over as he walks out*

Brings vodka bottle to the ring, sipping it.... asks the fans for handouts

Except for the knocking the flag over, you've just described the current wrestling career of Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

I endorse Banky's idea. Even better than Volkoff was Nikita Koloff, because he had some great matches, and his singlet said CCCP, which is USSR in the Cyrillic alphabet. Now that's attention to detail.

I guess what you could do for 2004 in terms of Evil Russians is to just have a character of a Russian amateur wrestling champion who, unhappy with the lack of economic success after the hammer and sickle was lowered from the flagpole, and yearning for athleticism to be celebrated by the regime the way it was during the Cold War, becomes like a neo-Soviet guy, like a Russian Kurt Angle, with Prokofiev's old anthem and everything. I'd like it.

I have a guy called Ivan Stalinov on my No Mercy cartridge.

This is a fucking great idea.

Don't you mean IVAN KOLOFF?

I endorse Banky's idea. Even better than Volkoff was Nikita Koloff, because he had some great matches, and his singlet said CCCP, which is USSR in the Cyrillic alphabet. Now that's attention to detail.

I guess what you could do for 2004 in terms of Evil Russians is to just have a character of a Russian amateur wrestling champion who, unhappy with the lack of economic success after the hammer and sickle was lowered from the flagpole, and yearning for athleticism to be celebrated by the regime the way it was during the Cold War, becomes like a neo-Soviet guy, like a Russian Kurt Angle, with Prokofiev's old anthem and everything. I'd like it.

I have a guy called Ivan Stalinov on my No Mercy cartridge.

This is a fucking great idea.

So, basically they make a real-life Zangief?

That's the ticket!

And to the IVAN KOLOFF?? guy, I don't know if you were referring to me saying Ivan Stalinov or Nikita Koloff, so I'll clarify. No I didn't mean Ivan Koloff. The first guy was an original character of mine with a generic Russian name. The second guy was a real wrestler from mid to late 80s N.W.A., who was this big tough Russian guy who I'm sure won some major singles belts in his time there, who was a monster heel until Magnum T.A. wrapped his car around a pole, at which point Nikita dedicated his career to the fallen Allen and went face.