TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kane Fan

Undertaker: He Buries them Alive

Guest Vitamin EC

I remember when it originally came out and while I can't remember exact matches, I do remember it was from a period where he wasn't exactly participating in good matches. So I'm guessing there wouldn't be anything above a *1/2 on the DVD and even then I think I'm being kind.

Guest Waldo

I have that somewhere. It was a budget VHS (9.99).

It ran a little over an hour and was hosted by Ted DiBiase. It was mainly Taker matches from Summerslam 94 to Survivor Series 94.

There was a decent casket match with Taker vs. Lawler.

Who the hell is Kwang???

Savio Vega pretending to be a "Ninja Master"

The tape sucked (I own it) so the DVD won't be any better.

It has:

Taker vs. Taker

Taker vs. Kwang (The one where Taker spits Kwang's mist back in his face)

Taker vs. Neidhart (The one where Neidhart accidently ends up in the casket and runs off scared)

Taker vs. Yokozuna (Casket Rematch from Survivor Series '94...with Chuck Norris)

Taker vs. Jerry Lawler

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

This is his DVD title? I thought it was a statement on PPV buyrates with Taker headlining....

Guest drdrainoscott

Why are they re-releasing this on DVD? Could this be a sign of more Colusiem Videos coming to DVD? That would kick so much ass. Now, once they start putting old PPV's out, I am going to be compelled to buy every single one.

Guest BDC

Yeah, some friends of mine gave it to me and I found another copy later at Big Lots for $3. Joy. Regardless, it's a collection of mildly entertaining matches with a really stupid name. I think the theme to it is basically the casekt and its involvement in the match. Or something.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
Who does 'Taker bury alive? Isn't he 0-for-Buried Alive matches?

Correct! I believe he is 0-4 in Buried Alive matches.

Wait! Just remembered. Didn't he win the first buried alive match against Mankind? I think he buried Mankind a little bit, and then he got out and buried the Undertaker, after the Undertaker won. Is this true, or is this something that floated into false territory part of my mind and I didn't know it was false?

Wait! I'm confusing you! :lol: :bonk:

IIRC, Undertaker beat Marty Jannety in the first ever Buried Alive match in 1991 in a house show in Hawaii. The match involved interference from Roddy Piper and The Warlord however. Many described the match as a 'cluster-fuck of extreme proportions' - Dave Meltzer , 1991

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Well, I stand corrected. But it was a house show for God's sake! House shows don't mean anything in the WWE.

Late 1999 episode of Smackdown.

The Undertaker and Big Show win the tag titles in a Buried Alive match over the "Rock N' Sock Connection", after interference by then-WWF champion Triple H.