TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Schilling traded to Red Sox

I think this deserves its own thread. The Diamondbacks send Curt Schilling to the Red Sox in exchange for Casey Fossum, Brandon Lyon, Jorge De La Rosa, and (probably) Michael Goss.

The Red Sox get a top notch starter, which they need if they're going to win a championship. They now have a 1-2 punch they haven't had since the days of Ruth and Mays. This gives them an excellent chance to challenge for a World Series title.

The D'backs get two good pitching prospects in Jorge De La Rosa and Casey Fossum. Both could end up in the rotation within a year. Michael Goss is a few years away. He has plate disipline and speed, but no power. Brandon Lyon is a decent starter from time to time.

I really like this trade for the Sox. They needed to make a run this year, and they now have just the pitchers to do it.

I definitely like the Front 4 for the Sox rotation after this trade. Pedro, Schilling, Lowe(Great at Fenway & solid on the road) and Wakefield who when on, is almost unhittable as shown in the playoffs.

Guest FrigidSoul

Fossum and others will be swung right over to Milwaukee for Richie Sexson. So basically...

Sox get Schilling

D-Backs get Sexon

Brewers get fucked up the cornhole once more

Guest FrigidSoul

Curt Schilling in the press conference just said "I wanted to prove that when Boston got me they didn't just recieve another player in uniform but a man who wants to work with the community so I just donated $500k to the Jimmy Fund and the Red Sox said they were now more than just a financial org. and they're going to work with my wife on her org. The Shea Fund"

that's a stand-up guy

As a Red Sox fan...OH HELL FUCKING YEAH!

You are more then welcomed in Boston. Total class act by donating $500,000 to the Jimmy Fund even though that's just chunk change for Schilling. He's definately taking a right step in the right direction in order to get in favor of the Boston fans...even though he's already gunna be extremely popular.

Props to Theo as well.

Edited by HartFan86

Guest FrigidSoul
FUCKING SWEET.

I now put my Red Sox flag back up. :D

you best be Red Sox 4 Life or not at all...no bandwagoners needed

I don't blame him...after them blowing it to the Yankees, I wouldn't blame for people to give up on the Bo Sox.

But with the firing of Little & the signing of Schilling, my faith is back in them. Just keep everyone health and let's go do this...RIGHT.

Guest Anglesault

Life isn't fucking fair.

The only consolation is going to be watching the Red Sox somehow blow this in spectacular fashion.

As I watch Jeff Weaver wreck my dreams again.

Life fucking sucks.

FUCKING SWEET.

I ripped it down in a fit of rage after AFB in game 7.

I've been a fan since I was, like, 2 years old.

Guest FrigidSoul

Welcome back then Max. Just show patience...we no longer have Sling Grade-y managing...we shall be fine

Edit: We should get AngleSault an autographed Jeff Weaver rookie card

Problem is...are they gunna sign the Phillies manager guy? I mean...it sounds like Schilling wants him just because he favors Schilling and lets' him do what he wants to do (I.E. Little w/ Pedro).

But, then it makes you think...would he really accept the deal without them signing him already?

Guest Anglesault
FUCKING SWEET.

Aaron Fuckin Boone.

::spits::

Guest FrigidSoul
Problem is...are they gunna sign the Phillies manager guy? I mean...it sounds like Schilling wants him just because he favors Schilling and lets' him do what he wants to do (I.E. Little w/ Pedro).

But, then it makes you think...would he really accept the deal without them signing him already?

In the press conference he said he'll be happy with whomever they choose as manager because they gave him insight on the other candidates and he liked what he heard.

It will be Francona though because they've been impressed by him big time. Thing I like about him is he's willing to listen to his players and staff more than just relying on gut feelings like Grady

Guest FrigidSoul

Max, I'm a year and 3 months older than you...don't tell me how they're overdue...I know! </oldmanphase>

FUCKING SWEET.

Aaron Fuckin Boone.

Just for AS.

My pal...:P

66430.jpg

Please don't hurt me.

*runs*

Guest FrigidSoul
Sox nation unite!

And I'll make the...head! *destroys monument park with Red Sox Nation Voltron-esque bat*

Guest Anglesault
Aaron Fuckin Boone.

You know it's bad when even his own team hates him

Sox nation unite!

Are you gonna like pull out the Captain Planet rings?

"Bitterness!"

"Jaded views"

"Improbable choking!"

"Bizarre events"

"Your Powers combined, I am... Captain Red Sox!"

You know it's bad when even his own team hates him

Sox nation unite!

Are you gonna like pull out the Captain Planet rings?

"Bitterness!"

"Jaded views"

"Improbable choking!"

"Bizarre events"

"Your Powers combined, I am... Captain Red Sox!"

Then Yankee fans are gonna pull out the evil rings like the Captain Planet villains had at one time

"Overbloated payroll!"

"Exclusive network deal!"

"Conspiracy Theories!"

"Bandwagon fans!"

"Costanza!!!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Georgie!"

Guest FrigidSoul
Then Yankee fans are gonna pull out the evil rings like the Captain Planet villains had at one time

"Overbloated payroll!"

"Exclusive network deal!"

"Conspiracy Theories!"

"Bandwagon fans!"

"Costanza!!!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Georgie!"

Captain Georgie, he's old and Bitter

Gonna sign all the free agents he can this winter

He's got money all the time

So he relies on that rather than baseball minds

"By your dollars combined, I will sign Gary Sheffield!"

They now have a 1-2 punch they haven't had since the days of Ruth and Mays

Except that Pedro and Schilling will be 32 and 37 in 2004. While Mays was 26 and Ruth was 23 in 1918.

At the age of 36, Schilling is most similar to Bret Saberhagen. Granted, Bret didn't pitch when he was 36 (in 2000). But Bret also pitched 3 games at 37.

The only consolation is going to be watching the Red Sox somehow blow this in spectacular fashion.

My prediction is that Kim (if he's still with the Sox) will give up a 12th-inning home run to the Yankees in the seventh game of the '04 ALCS after Schilling pitched 11 hitless innings...

Guest FrigidSoul

My prediction is that Kim (if he's still with the Sox) will give up a 12th-inning home run to the Yankees in the seventh game of the '04 ALCS after Schilling pitched 11 hitless innings...

Kim might be traded towards aquiring a 2nd baseman since his salary is going to go up to $4mill and we have a guy who makes the league minimum in Bronson Arroyo who can be a #5