TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Best Match Ever In Philadelphia

Well, I'm in college in Philly now and the combination of that with the fact that the first PPV of 2004 will be here, I found myself thinking about what the best match was that ever took place in this great city. I looked up the PPV's and the ones that were here are:

Halloween Havoc 1989 w/ Lex Luger vs. Brian Pillman

Summerslam 1990

Halloween Havoc 1992 w/ Windham and Rhodes vs. Williams and Austin

Slamboree 1994 w/ Nasty Boys vs. Cactus and Sullivan

KOTR 1995

Mind Games 1996 w/ Michaels vs. Mankind

Barely Legal 1997 w/ 6-Man Michinoku Pro Match

Wrestlemania 1999

Unforgiven 2000

Out of all the matches on those PPVs, I would consider the Michaels/Mankind to be the best. However, I haven't seen many non-PPV matches, including TV, and Indys like ECW and RoH for instance. Is there any match that you would consider better than Michaels/Mankind.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

ECW World tag title match, double-dog collar: Raven & Stevie Richards v. The Pitbulls.

Best Tag Title Match:

Midnight Express defeat Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard © to win the NWA WOrld Tag Team Titles on 9/12/88.

Best 6 man Tag Team Match:

Great Sasuke/Gran Hamada/Masato Yakushiji vs. Dick Togo/Men's Teioh/Taka Michinoku (4/13/97)

Best Singles Match:

Bryan Danielson vs. Paul London (4/12/03)

Guest BobBacklundRules

I don't consider the 6 man from Barely Legal to be a "best match", I love to watch it but there are too many blown spots, it's still a great match.

Guest Askewniverse
Care to name the blown spots?

Because there weren't any.

Tim

I can only remember one blown spot in that match, which was the triple-team powerbomb on Sasuke.

Guest bort

ECW World tag title match, double-dog collar: Raven & Stevie Richards v. The Pitbulls

great hardcore battle, in ravens shoot interview he doesnt rate it as his best match though

Well, I'm in college in Philly now and the combination of that with the fact that the first PPV of 2004 will be here,

Don't concern yourself with WWE in Philly. You're in a city with CZW, ROH, MLW, and two or three other indies that occasional run. Instead of spending $50 on a WWE ticket, go to two or three indy shows.

Guest Markingout
Well, I'm in college in Philly now and the combination of that with the fact that the first PPV of 2004 will be here,

Don't concern yourself with WWE in Philly. You're in a city with CZW, ROH, MLW, and two or three other indies that occasional run. Instead of spending $50 on a WWE ticket, go to two or three indy shows.

Word. These arent the best,but they are awesome, Ki vs Spanky vs Williams vs Daniels,Danielson vs Styles, and Danielson vs Daniels vs Ki were all awesome. Also include Styles vs London if that took place in Philly. I am not sure

Haven't seen them myself but would sure love to.

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - October 17, 1981

WWF World Champion Bob Backlund fought WWF IC Champion Don Muraco to a 60-minute draw

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - April 30, 1983

WWF World Champion Bob Backlund pinned Iron Mike Sharpe at 19:14

Yeah...you read that right...that's THE Iron Mike Sharpe.

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - April 27, 1985

Davey Boy Smith & the Dynamite Kid fought Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart to a draw

The first match ever between the Bulldogs and Harts.

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum - February 14, 1987

WWF IC Champion Randy Savage pinned Ricky Steamboat with a roll over and using the tights for leverage

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I highly doubt there is ANY Chance to name a great match anywhere.

Uh........was KOTR 95 in Philly?