Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Kevin Nash Interview

Guest Trivia247

DATE: Saturday, December 6, 2003

SHOW: Between The Ropes, Saturdays on The Team 990 AM

HOSTS: Manny T. and Brian The Guppie

RECAP WRITTEN BY Kosta Anoussos of 514wrestling.com

While making an in-store appearance on Saturday afternoon, Kevin Nash agreed to a brief interview with Brian The Guppie and Manny T. of the Between The Ropes radio program in Montreal. While the interview in brief in length, the details revealed may surprise some. Here's a run down of what was said:

- Nash starts off by talking about his neck surgery and how it's been difficult dealing with it. He hopes to be back in the ring around Christmas time.

- When host Brian The Guppie brings up the issue of his contract expiringthis coming February, Nash informs us that the only way he'll resign with WWE is if the money is right. He adds that Japan is another option he is considering once his contract runs out.

- Nash also says that if WWE offers him a non-wrestling role, he'd gladly accept if the money was right. He says that he is fortunate enough to have gotten paid well during his 14 year career and shouldn't have to settle for less now that he's getting older and has a family. Kevin says that a job in creative would be to his liking, as each time he enters the ring nowadays, he falls apart. He says he really enjoys the creative aspect of this business.

- Montreal is one of Nash's greatest cities to visit, mainly because of all the beautiful women.

- Scott Hall's name comes up and Nash says that Hall has been sober for the longest since he's known him. He informs us that Scott has been training hard in hopes of a wrestling comeback. Nash specifically says that if WWE doesn't want Hall, he'll strongly consider forming a team with Hall elsewhere.

WORD ASSOCIATION:

Pierre Carl Ouellette (formerly Jean Pierre Lafitte and one half of The Quebecers in the WWF): a great, sweet guy. Notes that they had their differences in 1995, but have since buried the hatchet.

Kurt Angle: is concerned about Kurt Angle's health. Says that once a doctor tinkers with your neck, you have to make some changes in your in-ring style. Kurt failed to do that and it resulted in his most recent surgery. Hopes he can stay healthy.

Jeff Jarrett: one of the guys he hung around with backstage in the WWF. Gets along great with him.

Kevin Nash: still having fun.

The interview finishes with the hosts and Nash joking about his WCW days as part of The Master Blasters team, and Nash notes how well his hair looked.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Good Lord. I think we will all rejoice if the WWE somehow grows a set and tells the old washed up never has drawn shit pile of fuck that is Kevin Nash to get the hell out and stay the hell out. Christ, he cannot be serious about the Hall thing, thats just idiotic.

If Hall can stay clean and sober, I'd gladly see him back in the WWE. But the problem is he needs to avoid the kind of crowd that will get him back into the habits and sadly, wrestling seems to be his #1 problem.

Hall when away from wrestling= Clean and sober

Minute he gets back= acts drunker than Michael Hayes at an open bar

Bastards like to make a lot of demands, huh? "Hire Scott or I'll leave!" See ya....

Here's a couple of injury updates of other guys...

- Sean O'Haire was in a motor cycle accident last week and will be out for two weeks.

- William Regal continues to deal with heart problems. WWE has no estimate on when he will return.

- Kurt Angle is now planning to work a few matches before the Royal Rumble.

- Brock Lesnar is planning to have his knee scoped sometime this month before the holidays.

Credit: Pro-Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Maybe "great" is pushing it, but Cena ripping on Hall in one of his raps would be entertaining.

Really, I could careless. If no Hall means no Nash then I'm happy.

Problem with Hall is, he just didn't seem so happy to be back when he got signed the last time. you would expect a guy to be busting his ass and trying to bump well and make people looked good. I guess working with a broomstick austin and then moving on to a Bradshaw feud will do it, but still, be glad you're with the WWE.

I'd like to see him try things out again and hopefully get a better program, but he really needs to count his blessings and work hard if he gets re-signed.

Guest Trivia247

Hall actually did clean himself up after his departure from WCW... and became a true workhorse going from Japan to the Indi feds like Tenta's Florida promotion, and TCW and then ECW.

It all depends on who influnces Hall. get together with the key kliq members and he can't seem to hold it together. But pre kliq or on his own he seems alot better.

Guest Anglesault
I've always liked Hall. It's one of the things I can't really explain.

Nash on the other hand...

Other way around for me.

Hall has always grated on me.

Probably because I have very little patience for drunks.

Nash, on the other hand, looks like a genuinely funny guy and someone that you could hang out with and have a couple drinks with (As opposed to the 78 with Hall. :) )

Guest Choken One

You send Hall to Smackdown where his buddies won't be around him and he can make new friends and he won't fall into the habit again.

I still believe Hall is the biggest disapointment in Wrestling History...He had "IT" but his monsters got to him.

You send Hall to Smackdown where his buddies won't be around him and he can make new friends and he won't fall into the habit again.

Hell maybe being around somone like Eddie would keep him on the right track.

Guest Anglesault

So no one on Smackdown will ever be able to have a drink.

Sounds fair.

Keyword there was "buddies" Sault. He doesn't have the Nash or Hunter to party with all the time, and he does have people like Angle, Benoit, Eddie, etc who really are encouraging just to be around and see hw hard they work. He will HAVE to work hard to be out there with guys like that, and when you have a guy like Eddie who has been down the road, things could really shape up for him. Hell, even Big Show is getting made to look good nowadays. Hall can if he wants to.

Guest Anglesault
Keyword there was "buddies" Sault. He doesn't have the Nash or Hunter to party with all the time, and he does have people like Angle, Benoit, Eddie, etc who really are encouraging just to be around and see hw hard they work. He will HAVE to work hard to be out there with guys like that, and when you have a guy like Eddie who has been down the road, things could really shape up for him. Hell, even Big Show is getting made to look good nowadays. Hall can if he wants to.

No, no, you don't understand. From what I've seen, you cannot have a drink in front of a recovering alcholic (and understandabally so)

If they have two guys that you have to walk around on egg shells around, that sucks for them.