TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

2 TIDBITS: AMW win Apter Award and...

From the Observer:

--Bill Apter will be going to Nashville in February to present NWA TNA with the Most Innovative Promotion award and Chris Harris & James Storm with the tag team of the year award for his Total Wrestling Magazine.

--Jeff Jarrett will make an NWA title defense in an actual outside NWA promotion on 1/30 when he faces Ricky Murdock in Greenville, MS.

I emailed Mr. Apter today and already got a response. He says he'll email me back when he gets an exact date for when the award will be presented. I'll post that when I get it.

Guest Salacious Crumb
--Jeff Jarrett will make an NWA title defense in an actual outside NWA promotion on 1/30 when he faces Ricky Murdock in Greenville, MS.

This is a new thing? The NWA Titles been defended in a few outside promotions.

Well, to be fair, a PPV-only promotion is pretty innovative...

ROH is more innovative. Hell, CZW, dare I say it even *XPW* (bringing in Jonny Storm regularly and all the shit they did with international talent), was more innovative this year than TNA. This is one award I'm relaly confused about.

That's the only one you're confused about? Tag team of the year going to AMW is a damn joke. The Briscoes have had FAR better matches, AJ and Red were better, the Backseats were better, X Foundation was better, AXP was better, Havana Pitbulls were better, Daniels and Maff were better, WGTT were better.........???

Guest MikeSC
Fuck, Cena/Benoit from that one night were better than AMW their entire tag career...

Come on, Apter has had a hard-on for whomever opposes the WWF/E. No big deal here.

-=Mike

That's the only one you're confused about? Tag team of the year going to AMW is a damn joke. The Briscoes have had FAR better matches, AJ and Red were better, the Backseats were better, X Foundation was better, AXP was better, Havana Pitbulls were better, Daniels and Maff were better, WGTT were better.........???

Bull...Briscoes have only been a team for half the year. They've wrestled a lot of singles stuff. AMW are on a bigger showcase (TNA) than the Briscoes and wrestled WAY more consistently as a team. The AXP have wrestled on a very small scale, as have the Pitbulls, and let's face it - the amount of publicity you get makes a big difference, b/c obviously Matt Stryker isn't going to be rated above Big Show, even though he's better at wrestling than him, since Big Show is known by SO many more ppl. You have a point about WGTT, b/c they were very good. As were the Guerrors. Daniels/Maff wrestled few tag matches, so they shouldn't qualify. Should we just give the award to B-Boy/Super Dragon b/c the two matches they had as a team were classics, or give it to a tag team who puts on consistently solid matches, as opposed to classics? I'd pick the latter.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Well, to be fair, a PPV-only promotion is pretty innovative...

ROH is more innovative. Hell, CZW, dare I say it even *XPW* (bringing in Jonny Storm regularly and all the shit they did with international talent), was more innovative this year than TNA. This is one award I'm relaly confused about.

XPW is NOT innovative in ANY way.

Briscoes were a team since march. The fact that AMW sucked sick on a national scale doesn't make them any better. HOW CAN YOU BE TEAM OF THE YEAR IF YOU CAN'T EVEN WORK A HOT TAG???

I've worked with James Storm, and been around Chris Harris quite a bit. They're a good team... but not the best in the world. The Guerreros would've been my pick. Or even the New Church, if it had to be a TNA choice.

Guest The Midnight Rocking Warrior

All I hear is AMW, AMW T-shirts, AMW posters, AMW root beer..............wait a minute.................