TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

"New" Astroboy trailer 2003 series

Guest Astro Forever

Oh cool! :D Great pic, Louis! :) I'm so glad you're back! Wildepagus, I don't know which pic you are talking about.

I'm in a hurry right now, but I'll be back later!!

Guest wildpegasus
Hi Peggy.

I've never seen Astro Boy, but this reminds me that I need to try out the GBA game. It's supposedly great.

Hey Matt

Yeah, I've never heard anything but positive reports about the GameboyAdvance game.

Guest Astro Forever
OMG, OMG! :bounce:

This wellknown canadian Astroboy-maniac looks pretty familiar to me. Astro forever, how are you?

It's been such a long time, I'm so glad to see you again.

You don't have to be sorry for me at all, in fact I'm the one who has to apologise for letting you unaware about my whereabouts.

I'm pretty fine now and ready to participate on further online-fun with Atomü.

What's ironic is that when you left for a while the first time, I was worried. This time, I just thought you were busy somewhere and didn't worry, and it looks like I should have. I'm just so happy to talk to you again! :D

Soon we'll have the whole bunch of astroboy-forum members overhere. The astroworld keeps getting smaller and smaller and smaller....

LOL! To quote Elefun: "What in the world am I doing here?????" On a wrestling site?! :lol:

As for Jetter Mars, I remember about Atoman who had posted some pics on the astroboy-forums, and I'm sure Anapan has a lot on his ftp too.

There are episodes on Anapan's server. One full, one that lasts 5 minutes and the last message I read from him what that he had this huge file but hadn't watched it yet. I'm going to watch it soon! ;)

That's what I'm thinking too. I really hope that Mark is still around somewhere and being able to fix what still can be fixed.

Otherwise I guess we have to start all anew. *pheww!!*

Tough luck for our post scores then. :huh:

I hated to see my post counts rising so fast, and I didn't want to exceed DrFrag's. It would have been a crime to have more posts than such a great Astroboy fan! :( If the site doesn't come back, at least it will die with DrFrag ahead of me! :) (Like it really makes a difference, lol!)

Since you are talking about gyms - I myself just had begun taking Kung Fu lessons lately, mainly because to bring my weakened body into shape again, but definitely also because of the philosophical parts these lessons are providing. The mental aspect is claiming a big part in martial arts, so I'm hoping it will help to bring my physical as well as the psychical wellness on a better level.

Oh great! :) I'm still skating. There is no way you'll find me doing conditionning in a gym, that would be so boring to me (unless I could go with somebody else, which isn't my case). Doing something you enjoy is much better than thinking "okay, only 5 more minutes to run... pffff pffff....".

I hope Peggy (LOL, I was wondering who it was until I realized it was you, wildpegasus!) sill has respect for me! :D Hey, skating is hard, try to jump or spin without falling if you don't believe me! :P

Don't be so modest. I mean, after watching some certain piccies in this topic.... :D

But I would be a liar if I said that I don't find them attractive. :P

Oh my... lol! Haven't seen any of this! It reminds me of a few years ago at college. When I went to my student association, there'd be like very little dressed women on the computer screens, if not on the walls. I really felt like putting a half naked male just to tease them. Of course, there were a lot more males than females in this field! ;)

Edited cause I butchered wildpegasus' nickname, sorry!

Edited again because I had butchered wildpegasus' nickname when I wrote that I had butchered his nickname in the previous edit. :rolleyes:

Guest Astro Forever

Hey, has any of you bought Manga Entertainment 1980 set? Aside from the missing first two Japanese episodes, they did a fantastic job!!! :D

Guest Louis'74
What's ironic is that when you left for a while the first time, I was worried. This time, I just thought you were busy somewhere and didn't worry, and it looks like I should have. I'm just so happy to talk to you again! :D

Alas, I was totally incapable for connecting with the net, :( otherwise I would have left you a note about my remaining. There's still your latest PM in my inbox waiting for an answer. I'm hoping so much that our beloved astroboy forum will ressurrect itself out of the ashes of doom someday. :huh:

LOL! To quote Elefun: "What in the world am I doing here?????" On a wrestling site?! :lol:

Considering his size of waist, he actually could affort a couple of wrestling lessons. However, some type of nose-cover would be pretty useful for him I guess. :D

There are episodes on Anapan's server. One full, one that lasts 5 minutes and the last message I read from him what that he had this huge file but hadn't watched it yet. I'm going to watch it soon! ;)

Oh really? Let's see, maybe I'll download it too, despite the fact that I always get reminded on Truth the Liar Robot when I happen to see images of Jetter Mars. The responsible thing for that might be his significant single-eyelashes.

A cross between Truth and Batman, plus the cuteness factor to be added on. :D

I hated to see my post counts rising so fast, and I didn't want to exceed DrFrag's. It would have been a crime to have more posts than such a great Astroboy fan! :( If the site doesn't come back, at least it will die with DrFrag ahead of me! :) (Like it really makes a difference, lol!)

I get stuck by somewhere at 900, I didn't even reach the lucky thousand :( . I'm more concerned about Jeffbert's score. His posts (among others too of course) were so much informative and enjoyable to read that it would be a real shame if this forum should remain lost in the net's matrix. :huh:

Oh great! :) I'm still skating. There is no way you'll find me doing conditionning in a gym, that would be so boring to me (unless I could go with somebody else, which isn't my case). Doing something you enjoy is much better than thinking "okay, only 5 more minutes to run... pffff pffff....".

Haha! Oh yeah, definitely! Attitude and enjoyment is very important and takes a big part in any kind of sports, or else we might as well get us signed up at the Marine Corps.

Ever saw the drill sergeant in 'Full Metal Jacket'? Kinda scary... :ph34r:

Oh my... lol! Haven't seen any of this! It reminds me of a few years ago at college. When I went to my student association, there'd be like very little dressed women on the computer screens, if not on the walls. I really felt like putting a half naked male just to tease them. Of course, there were a lot more males than females in this field! ;)

:D Yeah well, I assume we are just slaves of our testosterone levels. My mates at our print office used to have this big poster of a sparely dressed woman right at the entrance's wall. I remember how unattractive I had found that pic. The woman herself was beautiful, but the way the shot has been taken was just awfull. Hopefully they got rid of it in the meantime or else I'm going to cover it with a lovely lifesize-snapshot of Astro's sister (but dressed of course). ;)

Speaking of Uran (ou 'Uranie'), here's a little trivia:

Uranschin-woo.gif

Uran is practising 'Jeet Kune Do' (cantonese for "The Way Of The Intercepting Fist", or in her case, the foot).

By whose famous martial artist's path gets she leaded?

Hey, has any of you bought Manga Entertainment 1980 set? Aside from the missing first two Japanese episodes, they did a fantastic job!!! :D

B-) Oh they really did? No, I myself didn't come around to buy it, actually I'm pretty satisfied with what I had gotten with the MadMan release. I just ordered the second DVD box of the french series recently, so for the moment, my mind will be fully occupied with this one. ;)

/edit: Hey, I already overdone it with my use of emoticons. Sorry then, must cut my emotions down to size...

Guest Louis'74
Oh cool! :D Great pic, Louis! :) I'm so glad you're back! Wildepagus, I don't know which pic you are talking about.

I'm in a hurry right now, but I'll be back later!!

Looks like another editing job for you, Astro Forever. :D

Guest Astro Forever
Alas, I was totally incapable for connecting with the net, otherwise I would have left you a note about my remaining. There's still your latest PM in my inbox waiting for an answer. I'm hoping so much that our beloved astroboy forum will ressurrect itself out of the ashes of doom someday.

That one got again too long, so when you left, I almost wondered if you left because you were discouraged! :lol: I must still have it since I typed it in my computer before pasting it there anyway.

Considering his size of waist, he actually could affort a couple of wrestling lessons. However, some type of nose-cover would be pretty useful for him I guess.

Yes! The 'Elefun nose pad'! :D

I get stuck by somewhere at 900, I didn't even reach the lucky thousand . I'm more concerned about Jeffbert's score. His posts (among others too of course) were so much informative and enjoyable to read that it would be a real shame if this forum should remain lost in the net's matrix.

Well, I'm still in contact with fafner, and we're working on resolving this issue. Although it was very sudden, both jeffbert and DrFrag have websites, so we should be able to reach them. Should we need to create a new forum, we should be able to start with a few participants, and grow from there. :) That's why I came here! ;) Hopefully this forum won't suddenly close too in the meantime... :unsure:

:D Yeah well, I assume we are just slaves of our testosterone levels. My mates at our print office used to have this big poster of a sparely dressed woman right at the entrance's wall. I remember how unattractive I had found that pic. The woman herself was beautiful, but the way the shot has been taken was just awfull. Hopefully they got rid of it in the meantime or else I'm going to cover it with a lovely lifesize-snapshot of Astro's sister (but dressed of course).

LOL, there must not be too many women where you're working! :lol: At least they should have picked a classy lady!

Speaking of Uran (ou 'Uranie'), here's a little trivia:

Uran is practising 'Jeet Kune Do' (cantonese for "The Way Of The Intercepting Fist", or in her case, the foot).

By whose famous martial artist's path gets she leaded?

Bruce Lee? :huh:

BTW that's an animation you made, right? Cause it looks a little different from mine, and I did that one too! :lol:

If you want to see something funny, click on this: tantrum.gif

Oh they really did? No, I myself didn't come around to buy it, actually I'm pretty satisfied with what I had gotten with the MadMan release. I just ordered the second DVD box of the french series recently, so for the moment, my mind will be fully occupied with this one.

It has Japanese audio with English subtitles!!!!!! Can you believe it????? :bounce: I'm even starting to understand Japanese words, even those who don't sound like French/English! :lol:

It has new bits that had been edited out of the English footage. Nothing very long, but little things here and there (like Astro getting in his car in Robio and Robiette, for example). They obviously worked very hard! And I bought it for less than 50$ CAN (which is even less in US $). If they had put the first two Japanese episodes, it would have been by far the best release!

I'm still wondering if I should buy the French Astro. Hey, we get the 60's Spiderman on Saturday morning on our national channel! :blink: That's just so weird, couldn't they go with a 15th Astroboy rerun instead so I could record them all this time? :P

I'm pretty sure I'll order the Korean 2003 box set soon (which has Japanese with subtitles, no cuts, widescreen, if I'm not mistaken. Only the real episode #20 is missing).

Looks like another editing job for you, Astro Forever. :D

I think I should just call him "Peggy" from now on! :lol: Or cut and paste, I can't seem to remember his nickname... sorry! :unsure:

I got the "too many emoticons" warning as well. :wacko: I removed those in your quotes until I could post! ;)

Guest Louis'74
That one got again too long, so when you left, I almost wondered if you left because you were discouraged! :lol: I must still have it since I typed it in my computer before pasting it there anyway.

:D No, I wasn't discouraged, though I must admit that it began taking longer and longer for me to reply. I'm sorry if I may had torn your patience too far. :lol:

Well, I'm still in contact with fafner, and we're working on resolving this issue. Although it was very sudden, both jeffbert and DrFrag have websites, so we should be able to reach them. Should we need to create a new forum, we should be able to start with a few participants, and grow from there. :) That's why I came here! ;) Hopefully this forum won't suddenly close too in the meantime... :unsure:

Well, since this case had been solved successfully, there's nothing to worry about anymore.

Bingo!! You just won a television set! :P

BTW that's an animation you made, right? Cause it looks a little different from mine, and I did that one too! :lol:

Oh, you did that one too? Wouldn't it be a good idea to post here as well? :)

If you want to see something funny, click on this: tantrum.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG, that's hilarious! This looks like one of your famous collaborations with Jeffbert, am I right?

Astro: "Noooo, I don't want to take a bath!!!"

It has Japanese audio with English subtitles!!!!!! Can you believe it????? :bounce: I'm even starting to understand Japanese words, even those who don't sound like French/English! :lol:

It has new bits that had been edited out of the English footage. Nothing very long, but little things here and there (like Astro getting in his car in Robio and Robiette, for example). They obviously worked very hard! And I bought it for less than 50$ CAN (which is even less in US $). If they had put the first two Japanese episodes, it would have been by far the best release!

B-) That sounds really tempting! Maybe I'll buy it too someday, but for the time being I'm quite satisfied with Atomu stuff. :D

I'm still wondering if I should buy the French Astro. Hey, we get the 60's Spiderman on Saturday morning on our national channel! :blink: That's just so weird, couldn't they go with a 15th Astroboy rerun instead so I could record them all this time? :P

I think the french release really is just for hardcore-fans of the french dub (in other words: for such as me! :P ). Those DVDs are featuring just the french openings/endings from France (sung by a male), The eps are all lacking about 4 minutes video material which had been edited out, the video quality can never catch up with the one from the Madman release, and Astro's now-famous quote at every ep's end ("et attention mes amies, notre jeu etc. etc...") is also missing on the second box set :( . I dare to say you'll better wait till I uploaded them on Fafner's ftp rather than to buy 'em right away.

Of course, concerning me I'm very excited to have Flora's lovely voice nailed on DVD now. :wub:

I'm pretty sure I'll order the Korean 2003 box set soon (which has Japanese with subtitles, no cuts, widescreen, if I'm not mistaken. Only the real episode #20 is missing).

:) Sounds good too! I still have just the pirated version from the new series containing chinese/english subs. But like I said before: that's enough for me for the time being. ;)

I got the "too many emoticons" warning as well. :wacko: I removed those in your quotes until I could post! ;)

:lol: So you're stealing my emotions to have some more by yourself? What a weird forum we're posting in! :D :D

:) Wildpegasus, I'm sorry about flooding your topic with our rubbish. Hopefully we're going back to normal now ;) .

Since astroboy-online had been resurrected, we're moving overthere again, but now we'll be checking out your topic more often since this offline incident brought us a bit closer together.

Seeya soon!

Guest Astro Forever

Bingo!! You just won a television set! :P

That's the only famous martial artist I know! :lol: Well, I heard of his son as well.

Oh, you did that one too? Wouldn't it be a good idea to post here as well? :)

Well it's basically the same, just the size and maybe the ratio is different...? Well here it is:

shadowboxing1nx.th.gif

(Edit: that's weird, the image doesn't seem to show properly for me... :( Maybe downloading it would work if it doesn't in the browser?)

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG, that's hilarious! This looks like one of your famous collaborations with Jeffbert, am I right?

Astro: "Noooo, I don't want to take a bath!!!"

Yes, you are right! :D Here's another:

swimming2.gif

I think the french release really is just for hardcore-fans of the french dub (in other words: for such as me! :P ). Those DVDs are featuring just the french openings/endings from France (sung by a male), The eps are all lacking about 4 minutes video material which had been edited out, the video quality can never catch up with the one from the Madman release, and Astro's now-famous quote at every ep's end ("et attention mes amies, notre jeu etc. etc...") is also missing on the second box set :( . I dare to say you'll better wait till I uploaded them on Fafner's ftp rather than to buy 'em right away.

Of course, concerning me I'm very excited to have Flora's lovely voice nailed on DVD now. :wub:

My dream Astroboy version would be one in French without any cut! But it probably will never exist... :( I'm still hopeful that our version will get out here someday. I think companies are just starting to get that yes, we want to see our old cartoons! That's the disadvantage of being a "small" market, they'll never sell as many of these as they would in France, for example...

:lol: So you're stealing my emotions to have some more by yourself? What a weird forum we're posting in! :D :D

:lol:

:) Wildpegasus, I'm sorry about flooding your topic with our rubbish. Hopefully we're going back to normal now ;) .

Since astroboy-online had been resurrected, we're moving overthere again, but now we'll be checking out your topic more often since this offline incident brought us a bit closer together.

I agree, I'll drop by as well! :) Especially now that I'm registered! :bounce:

Guest wildpegasus
I hope Peggy (LOL, I was wondering who it was until I realized it was you, wildpegasus!) sill has respect for me! Hey, skating is hard, try to jump or spin without falling if you don't believe me!

I've got lots of respect for you.

Skating's cool! :D

I like to the watch the figure skaters on TV. It's very hard to take your eyes off of the ahem beauty of the sport. I do admire the discipline that they have for their craft.

Do you skate much Astrofan? That's got to be tough to get the hang of.

That reminds me -- Lots of people like to make figure 8s with their skate blades. Maybe you should try to draw a picture of Astro!

Guest wildpegasus

I agree, I'll drop by as well! :) Especially now that I'm registered! :bounce:

Don't be sorry. I was pretty excited to see you and Astrofan here. Hop in as often as you want.

Guest Astro Forever

I skate 3 times a week, I would skate more if there was more ice time available, or if the weather outside would allow it! :D I like ice skating better but on the summer, I'll settle for roller skating! :) There is still a little bit of weather issue, but aside from that, I can go whenever I want! :)

If there was a women hockey team around, I would sure join them! :) Maybe there is, I have yet to check, but that would not be for this year anyway.

As for doing an Astro figure, I had never thought of that! :lol: I'll try to do one in your honor the next time I'll skate! :)

Guest wildpegasus
What is it? :)

Oh man, I forget now.

It might have something to do with the battle Atlas and Astroboy had -- When one of them was using the power of light in some way or another. I wish I had a better memory at times.

New Pic

astro.jpg

You know there's a song by Blonde Redhead (whom I adore) called Astroboy. It's just good, but it's siugnificant for having the most awe-inspiring scream in music history.

Guest wildpegasus
You know there's a song by Blonde Redhead (whom I adore) called Astroboy. It's just good, but it's siugnificant for having the most awe-inspiring scream in music history.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna have to google that information.

It doesn't have much to do with astroboy. But that scream... As I said.

So what year is the best Astroboy, and how can I identify it? I have the best fucking video store at my disposal. www.scarecrow.com .

WP? If you are an anime fan you MUST fucking watch

1) The Vision of Escaflowne. Probably my favorite show ever. Fast-paced, best music ever, (besides maybe Cowboy Bebeop, same artist)

2) The Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

This is by far the most underrated anime series ever. Basically Gundam, except the hero is a total idiot savant. It's very funny, and has the best climax of any anime series ever.

Guest wildpegasus
It doesn't have much to do with astroboy. But that scream... As I said.

So what year is the best Astroboy, and how can I identify it? I have the best fucking video store at my disposal. www.scarecrow.com .

WP? If you are an anime fan you MUST fucking watch

1) The Vision of Escaflowne. Probably my favorite show ever. Fast-paced, best music ever, (besides maybe Cowboy Bebeop, same artist)

2) The Irresponsible Captain Tylor.

This is by far the most underrated anime series ever. Basically Gundam, except the hero is a total idiot savant. It's very funny, and has the best climax of any anime series ever.

I googled "Blonde Redhead" last night but didn't get too far as it was pretty late. Will have to work on that some more today. I did see that there were some Japanese people involved so no doubt they were thinking of Astro when they named the song.

In order the best Astroboy IMO --- 1)1980s

2)1960s

3)2000s

1)1980s -- The best of the series from my vantage point. When I was younger it wasn't my favourite TV series but it actually did have quite a grip on me as I could see this was different than anything else on Tv. There were several moments in the show that put me into deep thought and made me question things about life and for that I owe the show a good deal. I also remembering marking out for moments of pure brilliance and coolness. This show also holds the distinction of being my Tv grading scale as I would compare any other show to the top episodes in this most noticably the 2 part Robot Tournament battle.

I had the pleasure of rewatching several shows from my youth and looking back it amazes me how Astroboy destroyed them all as far as quality goes.

Unfortunately, it's extreamly hard to get this in Japanese. It goes without saying as with a lot of other shows the original is so much better than the English/French versions for several different reasons. You can now get the English version if you want -- All information is here -- www.astroboy-online.com

2) Quick info -- I like the 60s a lot. Serious and not so serious at the same time as you might see a little bit more classic American cartoon influence on it. A very long series that had so many ideas it was insane. Maybe even more insane was the fact that they rushed through the ideas faster than the combined speed of a Bruce Lee and Chris Benoit strike

3) This generation's series -- It's a mixed bag. Some people are fans and some people really are not.

Note -- The 70s had a series called Jeter Mars which was basically Astroboy modified to due to legal issues and all that.

Yes, I used to be a big anime fan but I'm not into it as much anymore. I still enjoy a good show though and I will ALWAYS appreciate the originators of innovative imagination on the TV screen. For that I will always be grateful. The Vision of Escaflowne was something I wanted to check out for awhile. An interesting note about the show is that they dubbed it for the Fox Kids block of animation but it apparntly bombed due to kids just not being interested in it. I have heard mostly positive things about this series.

Irresponsible Caption Tylor is from the Right Stuff as I remember them plugging the show. I think I'd probably like it.

This is some of what I've watched over the last couple of years:

1)Spirited Away -- Awesome!!

2)Gundam Wing -- Screw the critics; I liked this show!

3)Tiger Mask 1969 TV series -- I saw the last 30 episodes unsubbed in Japanese. It might've started to drag a little at the end but besides that this series was on an overall basis a lot of fun. Ridiculously violent and laden with the best physcology laden fights I've seen in a TV series this is a must for any wrestling fan as they interject real life into fantasy ficton. As a wrestling fan watching this there are several moments that will make you completely mark out of your boots. Has Baba, Inoki and a Destroyer lookalike in it.

4)Gatchaman -- Saw the first 2 unedited discs that came out and enjoyed it quite a bit. ENORMOUS FLYING MUMMYS!!!!!!!!!! Man, I love anime sometimes. Where else do you get to see stuff like that?

5)Howl's Moving Castle -- Liked this one a lot

6)Lupin III the Castle of Cogliostro -- Super movie

Right now I have the first season of Bleach downloaded. Over the years I've watched quite a bit of stuff.

Guest Louis'74

I too came across a song called 'Astroboy' by a band who're calling themselves 'Beangrowers'. The tune isn't my preferred style as it's too much related in punk and hardcore stuff. I don't even know what the song's about, I think I'm going to have a google search for some song lyrics.

Guest wildpegasus
I too came across a song called 'Astroboy' by a band who're calling themselves 'Beangrowers'. The tune isn't my preferred style as it's too much related in punk and hardcore stuff. I don't even know what the song's about, I think I'm going to have a google search for some song lyrics.

Interesting. I'm intrigued in seeing what you find out.

I wonder how many songs out there have the same name. Astroboy has 2 now. Maybe it'll go for the record.

Guest Louis'74

Ok, here they are. *gasp*

These are probably the dumbest lyrics I've ever seen. ;)

He lives in a tin can / Astroboy he says: 
'Flying in a rocket .. / Oh! I love that!' 

Astroboy / He lives in a tin can 
Astroboy / He flies in a rocket. 

'Maybe some day / I'll reach Jupiter' 
Astroboy he says: / 'Oh! I'd love that!' 

Astroboy / He lives in a tin can 
Astroboy / He flies in a rocket. 

I know I'm in love with Astroboy!

Here's the link to those lyrics. They might go along well with the music style they're accompanied with, but from a song called 'Astroboy' I'm expecting just a bit more than that.

(MHO anyway) ;)

Guest Astro Forever

They might as well have sung the opening credit of the 80 or 60 series! :lol:

As for the best Astroboy, I'd go with the 80 series, but I haven't seen much of the 60s one.

Guest wildpegasus
They might as well have sung the opening credit of the 80 or 60 series! :lol:

As for the best Astroboy, I'd go with the 80 series, but I haven't seen much of the 60s one.

It's the thought that counts.

Speaking of theme songs I think the 80s one is the best. Very memoarable and an example of where the Canadian dub I think (don't know about the other dubs) did a good job of translating the feel of the original Japanese starting to all of us over here in the great white north.

Guest Astro Forever
Speaking of theme songs I think the 80s one is the best. Very memoarable and an example of where the Canadian dub I think (don't know about the other dubs) did a good job of translating the feel of the original Japanese starting to all of us over here in the great white north.
I've never seen your dub, but that's definitely true of the French Canadian dub, with the choir of children. :D

Guest theohtanioftime

Holy sh!t, i haven't been here for over a year and this topic is still alive!!!

Wildpegasus you personify dedication, my hat's off to you, very impressive.

Guest wildpegasus
Holy sh!t, i haven't been here for over a year and this topic is still alive!!!

Wildpegasus you personify dedication, my hat's off to you, very impressive.

Ohtani!!!!!!! It's so good to see you. If you're online sign up with MSN messenger so we can discuss whatever. Of course, we can discuss stuff here too.

I haven't been working as hard as I used to be on this thread but the topic's still going to strong thanks to Louis74, Astrofan and the occasional poster in here.

Astroboy = Ichiban!

Guest theohtanioftime

it's good to be back, i'm kinda drunk right now, i drank 12 pints of beer tonight, uugh, i feel like shit, i don't have anything worthwhile to post tonight, so i'll check back with you tomorrow, i'll give you a call.