TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Zone of the enders 2: The second runner

I bought the first Z.O.E game when I first got my PS2, and like most people thought it was ok for a rental but it needed so serious work. Having some spare time I finally got the time to play the 2nd runner which I got in the summer and I’m really saddened and how the game turned out. The graphics are incredible, some of the best I’ve seen in a PS2 game thanks to Kojima’s budget. The musical score while not phenomenal is very fitting and many of the gameplay issues have been tweaked slightly for the better. The cut scenes are given an anime style which looks much more appropriate for a mech game. The voice acting is poor but I wasn’t really expecting anything better.

The problem I have is that the game is brutally crippled by horrid camera angles, poor lock on mechanisms and some noticeable slowdown, so much so that the game can become virtually unplayable.

I tried to like this game, I really did because if it was given just a little more time it would have been a superb game.

I am cursed with being friends with the kid who did the voice acting for Leo Stenbuck.

Details if you want them.

I am cursed with being friends with the kid who did the voice acting for Leo Stenbuck.

Details if you want them.

Did you keep calling him Shinji after that?

:lol: More precisely - Shinji-wannabe.

AS for ZOE2, it wasn't bad. It's once again an ok game, but it definitely still could've been much better.

But at least it was much better than ZOE.

To me, ZOE2 is a sort of video game perfection. I can't express how much I love the game. It's not my favorite of all time, but I love it.

I bought it at Circuit City for $15 a few weeks ago.

Sorry but calling it a video game perfection of any sorts is quite laughable.

Perhaps to you, so back off really quick.

It's simply beautiful to me, it's just awesome.