TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

Who will be the Mystery Guest Entrant(s)

Guest Nobody in Particular

Drew Carey was kinda sorta announced. It was known he was going to be at the show for a while, but when he was chatting it up with Vince during Heat, I think, Vince told him he was going to be in the match.

As far as this year is concerned, seeing how the show's in Philly, the surprise has to be an ECW guy.

Guest Mulatto Heat
2002 - The Hardy Boyz were surprise entrants since they were supposed to have been sent home due to Jeff's poor behaviour.

I can't recall if the Hardys were announced on TV before the 2002 Rumble, but they were definitely listed on the website.

1997's were all announced. Cibernetico & Pierroth even tagged a few times on Superstars before the Rumble to build them up versus Mascaras.

Guest drdrainoscott

Volkoff and Haku were replacements for Janetty and Brian Knobbs, I'm 96% positive.

And while not surprise entrants, how come Kama and Tatanka were brought back for the 1996 rumble after not being around forever?

And while not surprise entrants, how come Kama and Tatanka were brought back for the 1996 rumble after not being around forever?

The WWF had a big shortage of wrestlers in the mid 90s, and so anybody and everybody was brought in to fill out the 30 slots. Guys pulling double duty was expected too, unless they wrestled for a title. That is probably why Tantanka came back, although he hung around for a few weeks afterwards like Godfather in 2002. Kama was coming in with a new gimmick and push, and it just happened that his debut was set for around Royal Rumble time. They were promoting him for weeks ahead of time.

*Yes, Rock didn't win the 2000 rumble as it was reversed to TBS but fans remember rock as the winner.

Apparantly, the reversal was reversed as The Rock is still recognized as the 2000 RR winner according to the RR History site from last year.

What was the reason for Drew Carey being in the 2001 RR?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
*Yes, Rock didn't win the 2000 rumble as it was reversed to TBS but fans remember rock as the winner.

Apparantly, the reversal was reversed as The Rock is still recognized as the 2000 RR winner according to the RR History site from last year.

What was the reason for Drew Carey being in the 2001 RR?

He was hitting on Trish and Vince saw him so he gave him one member of Lo Downs slot. (1 member because they won a match where ONE gets in rumble)

Drew Carrey was also promoting a comedy PPV he had coming up in the following weeks.

Also, in regards to the Tatanka for 1996, Crush did the same thing in 1995. He really disappeared for a while and then showed up for the Rumble, however, i don't recall if it was an injury, or legal trouble or what.

Guest Korgath

I tell you it's Nash... just to promote his appearance in Punisher.

Then he'll slip and fall on the ramp and tear his other quad.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I tell you it's Nash... just to promote his appearance in Punisher.

Then he'll slip and fall on the ramp and tear his other quad.

don't tease me! I would actually pay to see that.

Guest Repo Man Reborn

If it's in Philly, the surprise entries will be Brisco dressed up like William Penn and Pat Patterson dressed up like Ben Franklin. They'll eliminate Lance Storm and then eliminate themselves.

Drew Carrey was also promoting a comedy PPV he had coming up in the following weeks. 

Also, in regards to the Tatanka for 1996, Crush did the same thing in 1995.  He really disappeared for a while and then showed up for the Rumble, however, i don't recall if it was an injury, or legal trouble or what.

Crush got into legal trouble in 1995 and spent some time in jail. He got busted for unregistered semi-automatic guns and anabolic steroids. This is where the jailbird gimmick, that he returned with in 1996 with Clarence Mason, derived from.

Oh yeah, interesting sidenote. I'm related to Crush. Distant cousin.

I'm not bragging either.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Also, in regards to the Tatanka for 1996, Crush did the same thing in 1995.  He really disappeared for a while and then showed up for the Rumble, however, i don't recall if it was an injury, or legal trouble or what.

Crush got into legal trouble in 1995 and spent some time in jail. He got busted for unregistered semi-automatic guns and anabolic steroids. This is where the jailbird gimmick, that he returned with in 1996 with Clarence Mason, derived from.

I'm not bragging either.

I'm sorry your distant relative sucks major dick in the ring now. He coulda been the next Hogan, but he ended up the next Randy Savage...the 1999 version.

Guest Repo Man Reborn

I'm not bragging either.

I enjoyed his mullet.

On air they did at the start of a Raw episode about two weeks after...

HHH or Vince said to TBS "All right Show, It's offical, The ref has reversed the decision"

Uh, what? Crips didn't believe Show. Show kept showing footage and getting the event staff guy to testify but Crips didn't buy it and just made the match against Rock at NWO. Vince wasn't even around.

Volkoff and Haku were replacements for Janetty and Brian Knobbs, I'm 96% positive.

It always caught me as strange that Saggs was in the Rumble, and Knobbs wasn't... it just seemed... odd.

Jannetty would have been cool to have in there too.