1992 Rumble

HBK/Ramon - WM X

Bret/Owen - WM X

Bret/Owen - SSlam 94

HBK/UT - Bad Blood (IYH)

Angle/Benoit - RR 03

those off the top of my head.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

I have a unique view on this. If I have already seen the match, or know who wins, I can't give it *****.

I'll still mark for some spots, but I can't get that edge of seat markout feel that certain matches give me upon 1st view. (Shawn/Y2J and Rock/Hogan from the last 2 WM's for example)

Ah oh I just implyed Hogan/Rock was 5 stars....

/flame shield on

- Bret vs. Austin (WM 13)

- HIAC: Undertaker vs. HBK (Badd Blood)

- Bret vs. Owen (WM X)

- Bret vs. Owen (Summerslam 1994)

- HBK vs. Mankind (Mind Games)

- Angle & Benoit vs. Edge & Rey (No Mercy 2002)-

- Austin vs. The Rock (WM X7)

- 10-Man Tag (Canadian Stampede)

Savage/Warrior, WM7

Vader/Sting, Superbrawl 3

Wargames 92

Hart Foundation vs The Rockers, SNME

Owen/Bulldog vs Austin/Michaels

Bret Hart/Undertaker, One Night Only

Bret Hart/Ric Flair, Bret wins WWF Title

Off the top of my head:

Angle vs. Benoit- RR03

Austin vs. Rock- WM-X7

Michaels vs. Undertaker- Bad Blood (possibly)

I need to see HBK vs. Foley/Ramon again to give them a more accurate rating, but right now I give the Mind Games match ****3/4, and the Ladder match ****1/2.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Off the top of my head

Flair vs. Steamboat 2/3 falls

Benoit vs. Angle RR03

Kobashi vs. Misawa 1/20/97

Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard - I Quit Cage

Great Sasuke vs. Chris Benoit - J-Cup 94

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Eddy Guerrero - Halloween Havoc 97

Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue 12/3/93

Hansen vs. Kobashi 7/29/93

since i started this topic i guess i should list my 5 star matches.there are alot of them here.22 matches i think are 5 star material.ive only seen a few japan matches so not many of them are here.

misawa vs kawada 6/94

liger vs samurai tosj92

tm vs dynamite kid 2/3 falls

malenko vs guerrerro 2/3 falls

bret vs austin ss96

bret vs austin wm13

rumble92

bret vs owen wm10

bret vs flair ironman match

hhh vs foley rumble 00

flair vs savage wm8

savage vs steamboat wm3

hbk vs razor wm10

wargames87

wargames92

flair vs windahm battle of belts 2(better than the match on the flair dvd)

flair vs kerry voneric cage 12/82

fantastics vs midnight express clash 1

rude vs steamboat beachblast 92

flair vs steamboat wrestlewar89

flair vs steamboat 2/3 falls

nasty boys vs cactus/sullivan slamboree 94

Guest Ray

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Mitsuharu Misawa - 6/8/90

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Mitsuharu Misawa - 9/1/90

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Toshiaki Kawada - 10/24/91

Stan Hansen vs. Toshiaki Kawada - 2/28/93

Stan Hansen vs. Kenta Kobashi - 7/29/93

Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa/Kenta Kobashi - 12/3/93

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa - 6/3/94

Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa/Kenta Kobashi - 6/9/95

Toshiaki Kawada/Akira Taue vs. Mitsuharu Misawa/Jun Akiyama - 12/6/96

Volk Han vs. Kiyoshi Tamura - 1/22/97

The Michinoku Pro 8 Man from 10/10/1996

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart WM 10

Ricky Steamboat vs Ric Flair 2/3 Falls

Misawa vs Kawada 6/3/1994

Kawada/Taue vs Misawa/Kobashi 6/9/1995

That's it. I tend to usually be a somewhat harsh grader so it's gotta take something great for me to rate it 5*'s.

Hokuto vs. Kandori 4/2/93

-This is my pick for greatest pro style match of all time, so it's defiantly *****.

Misawa/Akiyama vs. Kawada/Taue 12/6/96

-The apex of All Japan, it all goes down hill from here. All the seeds they had been planting the whole year, and even further back, finally blossom. The greatest match from the greatest promotion from some of the greatest wrestlers.

Misawa vs. Kawada 6/3/94

-This match has been rightfully praised enough for it's depth, and drama, which is better than most movies. In fact the last time I watched the match, I nearly cried during the post match part where the crowd chant changes from "Misawa" to "Kawada". But look at how well constructed it is, I don't think I've ever seen a match as well built as this.

They start off hot, go through the slow build with heat spots like the leg work. Than they perfectly warm the crowd up with increasingly more threatening moves, yet they still hold back until the 20 minute mark. They know the crowd is conditioned to not buy anything as a threat until that point, so it's than that they start connecting with their big bombs.

Kawada's build to the first Powerbomb is one of the best perfectly crafted near falls in history. Not only because it comes after the 25 minute mark when most Main Events end, but also because Misawa had done hit or at least teased all of his signature moves, making it a pefectly acceptable finish.

Rather than just kick out of Kawada's finishers like he would any matches, Misawa smartly bails, and fills time between the Powerbombs, making the kick out more plausible, while at the same time there's still the possibility of him losing right than and there. Sorry for the ramble, but yeah it's *****, and there are only a handful of singles matches in the same universe as this.

Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue 6/9/95

-I actually have a hard time given this *****, because if one compares it to 12/6/96 it's obvious that it's inferior, but not by that much.

Stan Hansen vs. Kenta Kobashi 7/29/93

-One of the handful of singles matches that can be argued as being better than 6/3/94, mostly because Hansen is so fantastic in this. Hansen's cumilative selling is so incredible as everything Kobashi does, makes it appear as he's getting closer and closer to putting him away.

Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue 12/3/93

-Obviously below the more complex 6/9/95 and 12/6/96, but Kawada's other wordly performance is enough to cement it as an all time classic that is capable of holding it's own with the big two.

Funk vs. Jumbo 6/76

-More complex matches have been spat out over the years, but still, this match is just so exceptionally great it's timeless. The way they battle for every single hold, behaving as if every move is a matter of death is something that I've never seen reproduced.

Very close:

Ohtani vs. Sammy 1/96

-Would love to give it *****, but it's obviously not at the same level as the other singles matches I've done mentioned.

Toyota/Yamada vs. Kansai/Ozaki 11/92

-Some would give it *****, but I feel the All Japan men's tags are slightly superior.

Kong vs. Toyota 11/94

-see 1/96.

Lyger vs. Sammy 4/92

-If only Sammy came off as a more credible threat to Lyger. Still the storytelling and Lyger's performance are nearly second to none.

Guest Coffey

I say zero. No match is perfect. Just like I don't think a match can't score a rating. As long as both wrestlers show up, it should count for something.

The highest rated match for me would probably be Benoit/Hart from the Owen Memorial Nitro match. The lowest rated would probably be the "Finger Poke of Doom."

I say zero. No match is perfect. Just like I don't think a match can't score a rating. As long as both wrestlers show up, it should count for something.

The highest rated match for me would probably be Benoit/Hart from the Owen Memorial Nitro match. The lowest rated would probably be the "Finger Poke of Doom."

But ***** doesn't mean a match is perfect, it just means it's the best. Benoit and Hart have both had way better matches than that.

Guest wildpegasus

But ***** doesn't mean a match is perfect, it just means it's the best. Benoit and Hart have both had way better matches than that.

I have Benoit vs Hart as Benoit's 2nd best match ever. I don't see where you're coming from with the way better comment.

Guest Ray

I'd personally rate Benoit/Sasuke 4/94, Benoit/Guerrero 6/96, and Benoit/Ohtani 3/96 over Benoit/Hart 10/99.

But I mark for Japan, so... ;)

Guest wildpegasus
I'd personally rate Benoit/Sasuke 4/94, Benoit/Guerrero 6/96, and Benoit/Ohtani 3/96 over Benoit/Hart 10/99.

But I mark for Japan, so... ;)

I have Benoit/Sasuke as better. The rest I feel are debatable either way especially the Benoit/Eddie bout which is just a magnificant match. Benoit vs Hart was just so beautifully put together though that I just can't put too much much ahead of it without a guilty conscience.

I would actually put Beniot/Eddy 96 as his best match. It's the best performance of Eddy Guerrero's career, and some of the smartest work Beniot's ever done, for reasons I've stated several times. I really don't see how anyone could mention Bret/Beniot in the same breath as this match.

Than I would go with Beniot/Sasuke and Beniot/Ohtani to round out his three best matches. While it isn't his best match, Benoit/Angle Rumble does feature one of the best performances of Beniot's career with him sneaking what appears to be a King's Road influence into a WWE match.

I remember being unimpressed by Beniot/Hart, they just didn't seem to mesh together very well. It struck me as Bret doing his thing, while he never really gave Beniot the ball much. Compared to Beniot's work with even guys like Sammy, the match felt dumbed down. I haven't seen this match in ages, but one of these days I wouldn't mind tracking it down, and giving it another look.

Guest wildpegasus
I would actually put Beniot/Eddy 96 as his best match. It's the best performance of Eddy Guerrero's career, and some of the smartest work Beniot's ever done, for reasons I've stated several times.  I really don't see how anyone could mention Bret/Beniot in the same breath as this match.

Than I would go with Beniot/Sasuke and Beniot/Ohtani to round out his three best matches. While it isn't his best match, Benoit/Angle Rumble does feature one of the best performances of Beniot's career with him sneaking what appears to be a King's Road influence into a WWE match. 

I remember being unimpressed by Beniot/Hart, they just didn't seem to mesh together very well.  It struck me as Bret doing his thing, while he never really gave Beniot the ball much.  Compared to Beniot's work with even guys like Sammy, the match felt dumbed down. I haven't seen this match in ages, but one of these days I wouldn't mind tracking it down, and giving it another look.

It was after watching the previous Bret/Benoit matches on Nitro that put the match so high for me. I loved it before this but this just helped it make it all the better. The comp;ete version doesn't make it twice as good or anything but it does help a little bit. There's an awesome transistion on the outside where Bret reverses an irish whip into the steel barrier injuring Benoit's back.

They play off such things as:

1)At the end of 6/22/98 Benoit counters Bret's attempt at a suplex into the crippler crossface

Tribute Match-At the end of the match Bret counters Benoit's same crossface reversal (once again from Bret's suplex attempt) move midway through Benoit's reversal attempt by using his foot to counter. Bret than proceeds to get Benoit in the sharpshooter ending the bout. This whole sequence is great as not only is it innovative but it comes off as Hart intentionally going for the suplex attempt just to let Benoit counter just so Bret could THAN counter to put Benoit in the sharpshooter. If you want to look even further deeper into this you could easily say that when Bret hit the suplex successfully earlier in the bout he was giving Benoit a false sense of security by showing to Benoit that he wasn't doing anything funny by letting Benoit counter the suplex attempt early on. Later on, as I said before Bret seemingly lets Benoit counter the suplex attempt at the end. Absolutely beautiful!

2)6/22/98 -Benoit hits the snap suplex, goes up to the top rope for the flying headbutt but misses

Tribute match-Benoit hits 3 consecutive snap suplexes before going up to the top rope to hit the headbutt. He's now successful as he learnt from 6/22/98 that 1 snap suplex might not be enough to keep Bret down for the flying headbutt.

3)6/22/98 -Benoit hits the dragon suplex

Tribute-Bret counters the dragon suplex

4)3/1/99 - Benoit irish whips Bret into the corner, charges in, gets caught by Bret's boot, Benoit stumbels out and is met by a clothesline by Bret

Tribute-Benoit irish whips Bret in to the corner and is once again met with Bret's foot. Again Benoit stumbles back and just like Bret seemingly would set up Benoit at the end of the bout with the suplex attempt Benoit here seemingly sets up Bret by stumbling out almost asking Bret to clothesline him just so Benoit can counter what he learned from 3/1/99. Benoit of course does counter Bret's clothesline into a dragon suplex which Bret than counters because he learnt how deadly the dragon was in 6/22/98. Benoit than proceeds to hit the rolling germans.

5)3/1/99 - Benoit counters the sharpshooter attempt midway through the match by turning it into the crossface. However, Bret's too close to the ropes so he grabs them.

Tribute Match-Benoit once again manages to counter an attempted suplex attempt into the crossface. Benoit realises though that once again Bret's too close to the ropes and is about to grab them so Benoit decides to "drag" Benoit back from the ropes a little bit while in the ropes. I say this also figures into the end of the match as Bret realises that the sharpshooter is now too dangerous to put on as there's a good chance Benoit will counter so he must find another way to put it on. And as we all know, he does.

6)3/1/99 - Benoit headbutts Bret down to the mat with headbutts and Hart falls down to the mat. Tribute Match - Benoit headbutts Hart down but he manages to hit Benoit and crotch him on the top rope.

Some other things I really liked about this:

Bret's working on Benoit's back which saves him in the end as Benoit goes for his 2nd northern lights suplex but Bret counters by just pounding away on Benoit's exposed back.

Benoit beautifully playing to the fans by looking up at them when they were getting behind Bret. Nice subtle heelness by Benoit here

How the match started up as respectful, got a little brawlish as tempers started to pick up but than turned back into a scientific contest as each wrestler realised what they were truly good at. I liked how the 1st Nitro bout started off as well as their last Thunder bout. Each match started off as different according to situations at the time.

All the manuevers which looked great. There were no flaws in the execution of anything which I'm a big fan of. Everything was crisp. I also mark out for the move arsenals of both wrestlers. The modified Bostan crab was super and innovative.

I liked all the transistions from offence to defence. Nicely done.

Bret's facial expressions after Benoit's nip up. Priceless. Bret is just so good at this. A little off topic but the raised eyebrow after the 123 Kid armdragged him in their world title match was classic.

The struggle at the end when Bret and Benoit were going for their submissions. It just made the match all the more realistic. Since I'm a big fan of All Japan I really liked it because instead of struggling for a big move like the tiger driver or a Kawada powerbomb, Benoit and Hart were doing it submission style.

I really liked the selling here. Bret did a good job of showing fatigue in the bout to the point where he was really putting over how Benoit was the younger star who might just beat him. Benoit's selling when he hit the guard rail was gold.

Benoit kicking Bret's hand on the 2nd mercy fight lockup was great. The first time they did it they locked up because of respect but the 2nd time they did it Benoit kicks Bret's hand and takes him down to the mat. It wasn't because of all a sudden he disrespected Bret. He was just trying to win the match and he was telling Bret that.

That's why I love the actual bout so much and put it as Benoit's 2nd best ever. A classy tribute and I just loved every second of it. My only regret about it is that Bret actually wanted to go for an hour which is something I would've tottally marked out for. I agree with your comment it was mostly Bret's match but I'm not surprised because I suspect he was just trying to learn what he could from Bret. Benoit's also certainly not immune to letting other wrestlers do their thing inside the ring. It'd be interesting to see how a Bret/Benoit match would be with Benoit controlling more of the action.

^very nicely said.

i quite like the match, but one thing that bothered me about it was the clash in offense. bret's doing the same moves he's always done, and benoit's doing germans & northern lights suplexes, and they have to act like each offense is on equal footing. it teeters on the edge of suspension of disbelief.

Yes, but Beniot/Eddy 96 also plays off their previous matches in addition to featuring one of the smartest builds I've ever seen. Beniot's timing and crowd control is flawless, Eddy's selling ranks among some of the best performances of all time, which is something I can't say for the more basic Bret/Beniot.

Guest wildpegasus
Yes, but Beniot/Eddy 96 also plays off their previous matches in addition to featuring one of the smartest builds I've ever seen. Beniot's timing and crowd control is flawless, Eddy's selling ranks among some of the best performances of all time, which is something I can't say for the more basic Bret/Beniot.

Yeah, I loved how they kept on building from match to match. They did a nice job from their two 95 BOSJ matches to their 96 BOSJ match. I too like how the match made the fans cheer for Eddie. To me, it's very close on what match I think's better and I'm perfectly fine with someone saying BOSJ 96 is better. Not quite sure what you mean about Benoit/Hart being basic.

Guest Monday Night Jericho

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa 6/94

Akria Hotuko vs. Shinobu Kandori, DreamSlam '93

RWTL Finals '96

Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Jumbo Tsuruta 6/90

Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue 6/9/95

Stan Hansen vs. Kenta Kobashi 7/93

Matches that Im not sure about and/or very close

Misawa vs. Kobashi 1/97 – haven't seen this in a good few months, but I feel it was certainly around the 43/4-5* area

Funk vs. Jumbo 6/11/76 – see Misawa/Kobashi

Race vs. Jumbo 1977

Billy Robinson vs. Antonio Inoki 1975 – only seen this the once, I'll rewatch it when I have time to make a firm judgment

Stan Hansen vs. Toshiaki Kawada - 2/93 – misses out by an eyelash

Jushin Liger vs. El Samurai BOTSJ 1992 – As great as this was it isn't quite on the level of some of the 5* matches mentioned above

Chris Benoit vs. Great Sasuke J Cup 1994 – see Liger/Samurai

Liger vs. Ohtani 3/96 – " "

Samurai vs. Ohtani 1/96 – " "

Misawa vs. Jumbo 1/90

Kong/Toyota BEU 94

Guest ChrisBenoitPMW

I rate on the scale of:

* Poor

** Fair

*** Good

**** Superb

***** Classic

So obviously I have dished out alot of ***** matches. A lot of these are more accurately ****1/2 or ****3/4 but getting accurate like that hurts my head! My classic matches off the top of my head...

Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage - Wrestlemania III

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior - Wrestlemania VI

Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect - Summerslam '91

Bret Hart vs British Bulldog - Summerslam '92

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart - Wrestlemania X

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - Wrestlemania X

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - Summerslam '95

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania XII

Shawn Michaels vs Diesel - Good Friends, Better Enemies

Shawn Michaels vs Mankind - Mind Games

Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania XIII

Owen Hart & British Bulldog vs Steve Austin & Shawn Michaels - Raw May '97

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - Badd Blood '97

Mankind vs Undertaker - King of the Ring '98

The Rock vs Triple H - Summerslam '98

Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian - No Mercy '99

Cactus Jack vs Triple H - Royal Rumble '00

Cactus Jack vs Triple H - No Way Out '00

Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian vs Dudley Boyz - Wrestlemania 2000

The Rock vs Triple H - Judgment Day '00

Chris Jericho vs Triple H - Fully Loaded '00

Tables, Ladders & Chairs - Summerslam '00

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble '01

Steve Austin vs Triple H - No Way Out '01

Tables, Ladders & Chairs II - Wrestlemania X-Seven

Steve Austin vs The Rock - Wrestlemania X-Seven

Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin - Summerslam '01

Hulk Hogan vs The Rock - Wrestlemania X-8

Shawn Michaels vs Triple H - Summerslam '02

Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs Edge & Rey Mysterio - No Mercy '02

Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble '03

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XIX

Very Highly Recommended (feel dirty giving it a classic rating!)

Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin - Wrestlemania XIV

Triple H, X-Pac, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko vs Cactus Jack, The Rock, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay - Raw Feb '00

Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs Triple H & Steve Austin - Raw May '01

Tables, Ladders & Chairs III - Smackdown May '01

Chris Benoit vs Steve Austin - Smackdown June '01

Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon - King of the Ring '01

Chris Jericho vs The Rock - No Mercy '01

Guest Dynamite Kido
I rate on the scale of:

* Poor

** Fair

*** Good

**** Superb

***** Classic

So obviously I have dished out alot of ***** matches. A lot of these are more accurately ****1/2 or ****3/4 but getting accurate like that hurts my head! My classic matches off the top of my head...

Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Savage - Wrestlemania III

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior - Wrestlemania VI

Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect - Summerslam '91

Bret Hart vs British Bulldog - Summerslam '92

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart - Wrestlemania X

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - Wrestlemania X

Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon - Summerslam '95

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania XII

Shawn Michaels vs Diesel - Good Friends, Better Enemies

Shawn Michaels vs Mankind - Mind Games

Steve Austin vs Bret Hart - Wrestlemania XIII

Owen Hart & British Bulldog vs Steve Austin & Shawn Michaels - Raw May '97

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - Badd Blood '97

Mankind vs Undertaker - King of the Ring '98

The Rock vs Triple H - Summerslam '98

Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian - No Mercy '99

Cactus Jack vs Triple H - Royal Rumble '00

Cactus Jack vs Triple H - No Way Out '00

Hardy Boyz vs Edge & Christian vs Dudley Boyz - Wrestlemania 2000

The Rock vs Triple H - Judgment Day '00

Chris Jericho vs Triple H - Fully Loaded '00

Tables, Ladders & Chairs - Summerslam '00

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble '01

Steve Austin vs Triple H - No Way Out '01

Tables, Ladders & Chairs II - Wrestlemania X-Seven

Steve Austin vs The Rock - Wrestlemania X-Seven

Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin - Summerslam '01

Hulk Hogan vs The Rock - Wrestlemania X-8

Shawn Michaels vs Triple H - Summerslam '02

Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs Edge & Rey Mysterio - No Mercy '02

Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit - Royal Rumble '03

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania XIX

Very Highly Recommended (feel dirty giving it a classic rating!)

Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin - Wrestlemania XIV

Triple H, X-Pac, Chris Benoit, Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko vs Cactus Jack, The Rock, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay - Raw Feb '00

Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs Triple H & Steve Austin - Raw May '01

Tables, Ladders & Chairs III - Smackdown May '01

Chris Benoit vs Steve Austin - Smackdown June '01

Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon - King of the Ring '01

Chris Jericho vs The Rock - No Mercy '01

You need to watch more than the WWE/WWF. :)

I've yet to witness what I'd call a five star match.

Bret vs Own at WM X was about ****1/2

Angle vs Benoit at RR 03 was ****

Angle vs Lesnar at WM X9 was ****

Maybe I'm too picky.

For the hell of it, here's how I would rank the top U.S. matches that I've seen(some stuff I haven't seen in ages such as Rey/Ultimo, so I left them off). I'm still revamping my system, so it's very much subject to change. Other than star ratings, none of them are in any real order.

Santo/Octagon vs. Barr/Guerrero 11/94 ****1/4

Bret vs Austin SS 96 ****1/4

Guerrero vs. Rey Havoc 97 ****1/4

Flair vs. Steamboat Chi Town Rumble 89 ****

Vader vs. Sting Superbrawl 93 ****

Midnight Express vs. Southern Boys GAB 90 ****

Vader vs. Sting GAB 92 ****

Flair vs. Steamboat Clash 89 ****

Flair vs. Windham 2/14/86 ****

Danielson vs. London 4/12/03 ****

Micheals vs. Ramon Wrestlemania X ***3/4

Rock vs. Austin Wreslemania 17 ***3/4

Micheals vs. Foley Mindgames 96 ***3/4

Austin vs. Hart Wrestlemania 13 ***3/4

Wargames 92 ***3/4

Sting vs. Vader Starcade 92 ***3/4

Flair vs. Steamboat Wrestlewar 89 ***3/4

Windham/Rhodes vs. Zbysko/Austin Superbrawl 92 ***1/2

Douglas/Steamboat vs. Windham/Pillman ***1/2

Bret vs. Owen Wrestlemania X ***1/2

Flair vs. Funk GAB 89 ***1/2

Magnum vs. Tully Starcade 85 ***1/2

Guest JPF
For the hell of it, here's how I would rank the top U.S. matches that I've seen(some stuff I haven't seen in ages such as Rey/Ultimo, so I left them off). I'm still revamping my system, so it's very much subject to change. Other than star ratings, none of them are in any real order.

Santo/Octagon vs. Barr/Guerrero 11/94 ****1/4

Bret vs Austin SS 96 ****1/4

Guerrero vs. Rey Havoc 97 ****1/4

Flair vs. Steamboat Chi Town Rumble 89 ****

Vader vs. Sting Superbrawl 93 ****

Midnight Express vs. Southern Boys GAB 90 ****

Vader vs. Sting GAB 92 ****

Flair vs. Steamboat Clash 89 ****

Flair vs. Windham 2/14/86 ****

Danielson vs. London 4/12/03 ****

Micheals vs. Ramon Wrestlemania X ***3/4

Rock vs. Austin Wreslemania 17 ***3/4

Micheals vs. Foley Mindgames 96 ***3/4

Austin vs. Hart Wrestlemania 13 ***3/4

Wargames 92 ***3/4

Sting vs. Vader Starcade 92 ***3/4

Flair vs. Steamboat Wrestlewar 89 ***3/4

Windham/Rhodes vs. Zbysko/Austin Superbrawl 92 ***1/2

Douglas/Steamboat vs. Windham/Pillman ***1/2

Bret vs. Owen Wrestlemania X ***1/2

Flair vs. Funk GAB 89 ***1/2

Magnum vs. Tully Starcade 85 ***1/2

WOWZA! And people thought I was harsh with my ratings. What are some of your top Lucha matches?

WOWZA! And people thought I was harsh with my ratings. What are some of your top Lucha matches?

Well, the ***1/2 matches are really in the ***3/4 range, though I really don't think their as good as the ***3/4 matches I had listed. Still, I'm sure if I was to include more matches, I would have to bump them up.

It's not really tough, I just rate them all on the same scale as I do every match in the World, which really isn't fair, but oh well, I can't keep up with two scales of standards.

Most WWF MOTYC really isn't in the same league as an excellent All Japan match. Just compare Taue/Williams 96 Canrival Finals to Micheals/Foley Mindgames 96. Here is one of the best performances of Micheals career, and one of the best WWF matches of that year, and yet Taue dragged an equally good match out of a rapidly detoriating crack head.

Still, there are U.S. matches like Hart/Austin SS 96 that can hold it's own with the top World Wide matches, so I don't feel the need to curve the scale.

I haven't seen alot of lucha, but I would consider Santo/Casas 9/19/97 to be an all time classic in the ****1/2 range.