TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lightning Flik

The One And Only Smackdown Thread (01/22/04)

ONLY 72 HOURS BEFORE ROYAL RUMBLE

Jan. 22, 2004

Royal Rumble may be three days away, but that does not mean that the Superstars of SmackDown! can not have a Rumble of their own before the big event. On SmackDown!, the heat among Los Guerreros will come to a boil when both Chavo Guerrero, Sr. and his namesake son will form a father/son tag team to face Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle. This foursome has been at the center of some of the most intense moments in SmackDown! history during the last several weeks, and on SmackDown! they finally tange in the ring. Don't miss this tag team match where the winner of the battle is not nearly as important as the winner of this inter-family war!

Also, just three days before Royal Rumble, there is a lot of uncertainty among the Superstars of SmackDown! Last week, SmackDown! General Manager Paul Heyman put two teams in the unfamiliar position of fighting amongst themselves when the FBI faced off in a Battle Royal to determine who would go to the Rumble, and Rikishi faced Scotty 2 Hotty with a Rumble spot at stake. The opportunity to get a shot at the WWE Championship brought out the mean streak in all competitors and Rikishi squashed his partner, literally, and Nunzio outsmarted his FBI cohorts.

The matches seemed to bring trouble to the teams as both seemed to have some tension after their respective matches. Will the bond among the FBI remain strong as Nunzio attempts to win the Rumble despite being perhaps its smallest entry? Will the friendship between Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty ever be the same? SmackDown! may just shed some light on these situations.

Also on SmackDown!, last week the Big Show entered the arena with several law enforcement officers to maintain a 50-foot restraining order against Hardcore Holly. Brock Lesnar was at Show’s side the entire night. Was Lesnar showing support for his friend or was he so frightened of Holly that he wanted to have the 50-foot barrier as well? Will Hardcore Holly take a final shot at Lesnar before their Royal Rumble encounter? Find out on SmackDown!

Only one thing is for sure entering the final SmackDown! before Royal Rumble … General Manager Paul Heyman will not be in a good mood! Last week, he gambled with the first-ever Wash Your Mouth Out With Soap Match, and when John Cena defeated Rhyno, Heyman had his mouth washed out with soap, courtesy of Cena and Chris Benoit. Will Heyman take his anger out on somebody? Watch SmackDown! from Brock Lesnar’s hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota at 8/7 CT on UPN to find out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should be a decent show... If we get lucky.

Well guys, you can't get rid of me now. My cousin just told me today that he isn't going to watch wrestling anymore after us having it so we watch it together every single time it's on for seven years, so I'll be here for all of the OAO threads now.

Don't be TOO overjoyed.

I could spoil everything for everyone, since we Canadians are better than you Americans and get the show on a full hour before you (unless you got a hook up, in which, you are better than us) so :P.

Guest FrigidSoul
I could spoil everything for everyone, since we Canadians are better than you Americans and get the show on a full hour before you.

You could say since the product isn't all that good its Vince's way of hating on Canada before the U.S.

I'm pretty excited about the Royal Rumble (I'm actually ordering this one) so I'll be watching. Fortunately for me and (un)fortunately for the rest of you, I have a tv ten feet away from me. :D

Is the SD thread always this active?

Usually less.

For us Canadians, 8 minutes.

For you Americans, 68 minutes.

HA~!

Well, I'm also trying to get out of the habit of reading the Smackdown spoilers. I want to be able to watch the show as if I was a mark again, I had more fun back then. :(

Guest Besus
I could spoil everything for everyone, since we Canadians are better than you Americans and get the show on a full hour before you.

You could say since the product isn't all that good its Vince's way of hating on Canada before the U.S.

I don't wana be spoiled.So please don't post any spoilers in this thread.

You don't have a proplem with twats spoiling stuff for us REAL North Americans do you? ;)

Hehe, not really. I'll probably give in and read the spoilers within the next hour anyway :cheers:

Drinks for everyone!

OMG UNDERTAKER IS BACK~! SICK ASS PLANCHA BY UT ONTO BENOIT~! OH MAN!

Guest FrigidSoul

Big Show will not defend the US Title

by the way, I don't read the spoilers, I'm just a psychic

Guest FrigidSoul
OMG the spoiler tags don't work, you just SPOILED it for me!

*continues ruining it for Dowhome*

Paul Heyman will try to screw over Cena and Benoit

Kurt Angle will talk to Eddy Guerrero at least once

Nidia will still be "blind"

OMG the spoiler tags don't work, you just SPOILED it for me!

*continues ruining it for Dowhome*

Paul Heyman will try to screw over Cena and Benoit

Kurt Angle will talk to Eddy Guerrero at least once

Nidia will still be "blind"

Oh my God you must really be psychic, there is no other way.

*repeatedly bows before you*

Guest FrigidSoul

There should really be a Canadian Smackdown thread and a U.S. Smackdown Thread with the time differences.

There should really be a Canadian Smackdown thread and a U.S. Smackdown Thread with the time differences.

Tried it already.

It bombed.

5 minutes.

Guest FrigidSoul
Why?? Because us Canadians are better?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe at releasing Chinese born viruses, ice fishing, and hockey but that's about it

Why??  Because us Canadians are better??  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Maybe at releasing Chinese born viruses, ice fishing, and hockey but that's about it

Hey, my mom is canadian and is good at none of those.

She's a good cook though :)

Oh, and let's hope that Chavo Sr. doesn't pull a Roddy Piper and wrestles with a shirt on tonight.