TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Bound for Glory Main Event

In this weeks Observer, Meltzer reports that TNA is trying to work a Hall/Nash v. Jarrett/Sting match as the main event of the first Sunday ppv. Not sure what the reasoning here is other than the mindset of all 4 being notable names, but how will this draw at all?

Since the ppv is being planned for April, the logical route would be a Jarrett v. Raven rematch from a year ago for the world title, and I hope they go in that direction instead of this crap. Hall and Nash would probably be better fit taking on AMW once they win back the titles (I would assume they cant play that out much longer) if they insist on bringing them in. As for Sting, wouldnt mind seeing him against Styles in a sort of passing the torch match as the top 3 matches on the show.

Just caught me off guard with this news. They are also in negotiations with Ken Shamrock to return on this show, unsure what his role would be though (maybe against Abyss?)

Guest Coffey

I like all of your ideas, and I don't really like the sound of the match listed either.

I would like to see Shamrock/Abyss though. Abyss is ten times better than The Wall, and Shamrock's match with The Wall wasn't that bad....

The Outsiders against AMW would be boring. Then again, the Outsiders against anyone would be boring, and I hate AMW more. I wouldn't mind seeing Scott Hall return and fly solo however. I can't say the same for Sting. If I never see him again, I won't have a hard time sleeping at night.

Raven/Jarrett with Raven winning the NWA Heavyweight Title is what I would think they should do.

What I thought was going to happen was Raven would win the belt a few weeks before the ppv, so JJJ could get the rematch at the real PPV and take his belt back. I like anything that doesn't have him winning the belt at the ppv.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

No way in hell I'm going to pay $30+ to watch a Cripple & Alcoholic whos fallen off the wagon about 7643 times fight against JJJ and Sting (the only guy I like in the match) in the main event unless the undercard is AWESOME.

Guest Ghettoman

They should follow suit with the WWE just incase they pull back and aim to please putting Styles over Jarret big.

Have Sting fued with Raven over who's more like The Crow, put Hall/Nash in a stable with Xpac and have them take on 3 Live Kru. Forget the rest of your talent because it's not like you had plans for them anyway. How about a big battle royal for the X-Division title, Abyss could go over.....

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
They should follow suit with the WWE just incase they pull back and aim to please putting Styles over Jarret big.

Have Sting fued with Raven over who's more like The Crow, put Hall/Nash in a stable with Xpac and have them take on 3 Live Kru. Forget the rest of your talent because it's not like you had plans for them anyway. How about a big battle royal for the X-Division title, Abyss could go over.....

Since the X-Division has NO weight class, ANYONE can win the title. It's a High Impact/High Risk division, not a 220 lbs. or less one.

I don't have any problem with Hall. I rather like him.

I don't like Nash...and if they were to bring him in at all it should be as a face who gets beaten by Abyss, to give him the big man rub...if such a thing exists.

Sting can put over Raven or Styles...but those are both faces.

If Raven-Styles for the title is the main event, I don't mind that tag match as an uppercard one. Throw in Ki-Daniels, Ultimate X-2, AMW-Simon/Swinger, Abyss-Shamrock, and Lynn-Kash, and you're left with a perfectly good card.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
All I really want is Punk shooting on Hall for being an alcoholic. I'll pay 35 bucks for it.

That would be classic.

Guest TDinDC1112

In my mind, top 3 matches should be:

Jarrett vs. Raven

Sting vs. Styles

AMW vs. Outsiders

-I know most on this board despise AMW, but as far as the IWC goes, they are generally considered to be very good, and I think matching them up with the Outsiders would intrigue a lot of people. Remember, WCW's rise is what got A LOT of people back into wrestling, and Hall and Nash were responsible for that rise.

Guest KidKrash
All I really want is Punk shooting on Hall for being an alcoholic.  I'll pay 35 bucks for it.

That would be classic.

Would you like if he had done it to Eddy in 2002?

Guest KidKrash
Remember, WCW's rise is what got A LOT of people back into wrestling, and Hall and Nash were responsible for that rise.

I mark for Hall and Nash huge but remember that they're nowhere near the same guys they were 8 years ago. Nobody is.

I realize you're very proud of yourself for thinking this up. Maybe you even treated yourself to a gold star. Now, try to get your head out of your ass long enough to realize the difference between a guy who had a problem, took time off, worked his ass off and fixed it, and a guy who never fixes his problem, dogs it in the ring, and doesn't care.

Guest Dynamite Kido

DO NOT BRING IN THE OUTSIDERS. These guys failed when Vince brought them in and they would fail miserably in TNA. Neither guy was ever a draw outside of the nWo, and even then it's questionable. Terrible idea for the PPV on TNA's part.

They really should have every title on the line for this ppv. If they want to bring in these scrubs, fine. But have them in the match before the main event so that the heavyweight title is on the line for the main event.

Thats because Eddie never had a problem to begin with. He was the smart kid in school who all of a sudden got hooked on drugs and needed something to wake him the fuck up. Hall is the one who never listens and when he trys to quit, he can't. He has worked countless times to get sober, and it would work, then he would get that urge and he was drunk again. I heard that he has been sober since his last TNA run. Thats longer than any other time.

Guest Jdogfour20

I just wanted to add my 2 cents here. I dont like Hall much as a wrestler, but u can not talk shit cause he is an Alcoholic. i was 1 for 15 years and it was the hardest battle i have ever fought in my life. i have been sober for 3 years now and i still get cravings for the Alcohol. So plz no matter how much u hate Hall Alcoholism is a disease and is not to be mad fun of.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Let me make one thing clear about my feelings about Hall and Nash being brought. I don't think Kevin Nash is even capable of working a match physically anymore. Hall is just finished. Period. If Scott Hall comes back and puts on a match that is at least ***, I would be really shocked and state I was wrong. But until that happens, fuck both of these guys. They will do NOTHING but hurt TNA.

Guest KidKrash

I realize you're very proud of yourself for thinking this up. Maybe you even treated yourself to a gold star. Now, try to get your head out of your ass long enough to realize the difference between a guy who had a problem, took time off, worked his ass off and fixed it, and a guy who never fixes his problem, dogs it in the ring, and doesn't care.

How can I argue with Ted Danson-like wit? It makes no difference if Eddy is better now. I mentioned 2002. Eddy was a drunkard back then and even got fired because of it. It's just you picking on Hall for no reason.

I thought I made the reason pretty damn clear. Eddy had a problem, and then went and fixed it. He worked numerous Indy dates to prove that he was back in shape too.

Scott Hall, on the other hand, has never made any noticable effort to clean up, has been actively drunk wrestling on shows before, and hasn't put forth a good effort in the ring in nearly 5 years.

Maybe if Eddy repeatedly has this problem, lies about it, and proceeds to never work hard in the ring again--then I'll want Punk to shoot on him.