TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Road Trip to WrestleMania

Should i go to WM or sell the tickets and reap the financial benefits?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should i go to WM or sell the tickets and reap the financial benefits?

• Yes, it's just a wrestling show and you don't want to fall into debt
    • No, it's WrestleMania XX in MSG, it's once in a lifetime!

I'm faced with dilemma. I have tickets to WrestleMania (400 section) and have a road trip planned from Toronto to New York. I'm also faced with financial troubles, as I have to pay for school next year and selling these tickets for double or triple the price would really help the cause. Even though my aunt lives in Brooklyn , theres the cost of gas , food and whatnot for the trip.

So basically, if you were in the same situation, a poor university student with WrestleMania tickets, would you sell them or is this oppurtunity to big of a chance to pass?

Go.

You'll be kicking yourself in the ass if you don't. You have a change to possibly see Chris F'N Benoit win a World title (albeit the "other one") and some really good matches. Overall, I'd say go.

You only live once. Why take away such an unbelievable experience just to get a few extra dollars? You'll eventually make up your debt, so there's absolutely no point in letting it control your life.

Guest hhheld_down

go to WMXX all the way man, if the show is even half as awesome as they seem to be promoting it will be, it will be worth it. How can anyone miss beniot winning the world title, and eddie g. possibly retaining the wwe title on the same night, at the (wwe words here) biggest WM of them all? You will regret it if ya dont go.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Eh. I'd pass.

You won't see shit, the traffic will be bad, and afterwards you'll realise you wasted (X) amount of dollars for a mere 3 hours of entertainment.

Road trip to New York and a chance to see what could be a historic show.

You've got the rest of your life to work off debt

And like Rant said, pick up a little quick part time job or something. In 2 months ,you should scrape up plenty of money to cover your costs along the way and probably more.

Guest Dids

The price of the trip isn't the question, it's the return on the tickets. Trip could be 300, but if you flip the tickets into 3 times what they're worth and 'Mania doesn't mean that much to you- all of a sudden you're turning a loss into a profit.

What do the tickets cost anyway? When I first read your post I thought they were 400, and if that's the case then it's worth it to sell them. (but then I realized you said SECTION 400) I know when my friend went to 'Mania last year it was closer to 100, and then I say it's not worth it.

I'd see what you can really get for the tickets first. Check ebay, and stuff- I doubt you can really get 3X face value, and if you can't- then you might as well go.

Back in 2002, me and three other guys were going to go to Toronto for WM 18, three of us had our money ready and our fourth guy kept backing out on us. Needless to say, we fucked it up and good tickets were gone before we decided to go ourselves. Toronto would have been cool, but NYC is even better. Go man, for sure. You got at least 40-60 years to pay off debts.

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like im going to WrestleMania! Even though i need $7000 for tuition in september, im sure i can make it between now and then. I do have a job, but i dont think i;ll get enough summer hours to save up for school so i;ll need a second . We'll see. I think i'd be kicking myself if i didn't go this show