TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guybrush Threepwood

A few tidbits from the 2/2/04 Observer

Guest Deebo

Wait, so is this guy lying about the 'Taker-Kane news or not? That has got to be the biggest fucking bullshit I've ever heard if it's true.

Guest Anglesault

Too many people ae ignoring the bigger crisis.

They're starting a feud between Angle and BOB HOLLY.

Guest Choken One

Well, what else can he do since Eddy and Brock are busy as is Cena and Show...

U think he should just do color commentary ala Owen at KOTR 1996?

Guest wildpegasus
And once again I feel like I'm being punished for paying attention.

We've already changed the rules for winning the Rumble AND the entire brand extension for the "money" match in Brock-Goldberg.

We've got Benoit wrestling for an inferior without actually explaining why he wants it when he could stick it to Heyman by taking the WWE Title off Brock.

Now they want to make it a triple threat match, possibly with a gimmick, and possibly put it on in the middle of the card.

I'm sure my dad will order WrestleMania because he always orders WrestleMania, but unless they're putting out a kickass DVD then WWE isn't getting another cent off of me. DVDs are the exception since the good ones are repeat footage.

And for whoever asked, it's definitely Ventura being edited out of the WWE DVDs, as he called three matches on the Foley DVD and his voice isn't on it once.

Really don't think there'll be a ladder match though as I don't think they'll sink down to that level of stupidity. If they do, it puts necrophilia to shame. The only reason they're probably thinking about it is because of Wrestlemania X. Of course, they could bury Benoit even more by making it a ladder match.

Why cut Ventura off? Is it because of that royalties thing he and the WWF had a tussle about before? Who's doing the commentary on those matches now?

Guest Anglesault

Or ref the title match.

You should know by now that I won't accept something bad just because WWE booked themselves into a corner.

I'd have him fight FGB if anyone.

Why cut Ventura off? Is it because of that royalties thing he and the WWF had a tussle about before? Who's doing the commentary on those matches now?

I actually don't know what three he did commentary for (and thus was not positive it was him when I originally asked the question), but watching Vader vs Cactus this evening, it seemed the match was oddly silent commentary wise, with Tony doing it himself.

Cactus vs Sting was done by Coach and Mick as a commentary gimmick.

The only other WCW match (the Street Fight with the Nasty Boys), has Hennan and Tony and I recall no Ventura in 1994, so I don't know what the 3rd match he's edited off is. JHawk?

I actually don't know what three he did commentary for (and thus was not positive it was him when I originally asked the question), but watching Vader vs Cactus this evening, it seemed the match was oddly silent commentary wise, with Tony doing it himself.

The only other WCW match (the Street Fight with the Nasty Boys), has Hennan and Tony and I recall no Ventura in 1994, so I don't know what the 3rd match he's edited off is. JHawk?

Foley's WWF debut (w/Les Thornton vs. The British Bulldogs). It's all Vince on commentary outside of one comment from Bruno Sammartino. Although come to think of it, Ventura might have been filming Predator at the time, so he may not have done that match.

The other two are right and most likely due to Vince not wanting to pay Jesse royalties. A shame too, because JR and Ventura were gold on the Sting-Cactus match, IIRC.

Foley's WWF debut (w/Les Thornton vs. The British Bulldogs). It's all Vince on commentary outside of one comment from Bruno Sammartino. Although come to think of it, Ventura might have been filming Predator at the time, so he may not have done that match.

You were right the first time - he did commentary on that match.

Yep, I remember specifically Jesse Ventura doing commentary for the Vader/Cactus match because Ventura left the broadcast booth to attend to Cactus when all the wrestlers came out.

And I have Beach Blast '92 on tape and Jesse did commentary with Jim Ross on that show as well.

Guest Guybrush Threepwood
Wait, so is this guy lying about the 'Taker-Kane news or not? That has got to  be the biggest fucking bullshit I've ever heard if it's true.

I'm not lying! Here is the exact word for word quote from the Observer:-

"the plan for the Taker vs. Kane program is for Taker to return as the old Undertaker gimmick, and Vince McMahon to manage Kane. That plan was from months back and may have been tweaked, but it was the long-term Mania main event plan."

See, "long-term Mania main-event plan" I took that to mean it goes on last.

Why does WWE have to make shit up as they go along?

Maybe because the invented the rules and can do what they want? You won't leave and stop watching them, no one ever does, so dont say it.

Guest Dynamite Kido

"the plan for the Taker vs. Kane program is for Taker to return as the old Undertaker gimmick, and Vince McMahon to manage Kane. That plan was from months back and may have been tweaked, but it was the long-term Mania main event plan."

First off let me say that there is NO way that this will main event Mania. I would have to say that the Main Event is probably gonna be Brock/Goldberg. If not that, then whatever match Trips is in will be the final match. PERIOD.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

First off let me say that there is NO way that this will main event Mania. I would have to say that the Main Event is probably gonna be Brock/Goldberg. If not that, then whatever match Trips is in will be the final match. PERIOD.

Brock will go over Goldberg, so I don't think they will end the show with a heel win. Benoit will win in the main event to win the World title.

Guest wildpegasus

Brock will go over Goldberg, so I don't think they will end the show with a heel win. Benoit will win in the main event to win the World title.

I hope Benoit doesn't win at Mania if it's a triple threat. That'd be the worst possable way to win the title. Especially his first title.

The politics have got me really discouraged lately. Moreso than any other time in history which is saying quite a bit. I feel like quitting watching the WWE more than ever now. If Benoit and Eddie weren't around that'd probably be the case. I feel if I quit though it's like letting the WWE beat me in a sense. Well, at least I still got the trusty VCR.

Remember, the last two years the match that was HYPED as the main event wasn't in the main event slot. Kane-Taker could very well be hyped as the main event but go on third from the top with one of the title matches getting the final slot.

Guest Duncan Eternia
Angle-Holly? Great! Hopefully Kurt will bust out the moonsault again. ;)

I'm all for that!!

If WWE wants to do a ladder match at Wrestlemania, let them do it with HBK against RVD to see who is the King of Ladder matches with the IC title(Hopefully Orton jobs it back to Rob by then) and the #1 contender spot for the World HHHeavyweight title on the line.Let Shawn pass the torch to Rob and just keep HHH and Benoit in a normal wrestling match,Benoit doesn't need any gimmicks to carry HHH in a wrestling match.But the only problem is the 2 Kliqsters, they hate to put talented people over, so i guess we are stuck with a 3 way dance ladder match. :throwup:

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
I still can't fathom why HHH hasn't lobbied for Shawn to win the title off him and fight Benoit, while he goes over Rocky instead...which means he can lose to his buddy...never lay down for that canuck, go over Hollywood Rocky and win the title back from Benoit...

That sounds cool, actually. Both HHH/Rock and Benoit/HBK will be good, so that's 2 good matches right there.