TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

Question

Haha yes I feel insecure because I can't say Nigger without making Ant feel bad.

Right.

Actually you do touch on a decent point.

It's not like it's a closely guarded secret that Black people generally don't like white people to say "the N word" (as it's usually put on this board) period. But it's become so damn common in popular culture. I mean, how can I quote my favorite episode of the Chapelle Show without saying it? Or how can I karoke along with Jay Z? Do I have to say "Jigga" and other people can say "Nigga?" That's not fair.

I would NOMINATE that it's all in the intent. For whatever reason, if I addressed someone as Nigger, (not that I ever have, nor can I think of any reason why I would) it would NOT be to discriminate against them. Maybe I would go "Nigga PLEASE!" If someone were being stupid. Or, if one of my black friends calls me a cracker, I will say that. But that's about it. Either way, I'm not saying it to lower them below me. I may call someone stupid, dishonest, foolish, incosiderate, obnoxious, or anything else, and by saying it, I indicate that I am BETTER than them. But I do NOT say that by saying Nigger.

Not that I say that.

But I want to quote chapelle!!

I meant that any white person that whines and moans about black people being "allowed" to say nigger while they can't is insecure. If you can't say it, why do you feel the need to say it, as it's not a big deal. I mean, what's the point? Are your rights being taken away because you can't say that word? I'm talking about people that feel this way, and if you happen to fall under this category, then yes, you're probably insecure about your race.

Eric, I wouldn't feel bad at all if you said Nigger/Nigga, im not sensative at all. I just don't like being disrespected. You can quote a Jay-z song all you want that type stuff I have no problem with. Im just saying my reason of why don't like whites referring me as a nigga/nigger.

Doing a quote from a TV show or a movie is one thing. Rapping on with Jay-Z and 50 is another thing. Two whites in a school saying "Nigga did you see the Superbowl. Janet was tite. She showed her tit." That is disrespectful. Having a Hispanic, white, or any other race calling someone a nigga is disrespectful. A black saying it is disrespectful. The word is disrespectful. Using it in Comedy is one thing, using it to describe someone is just plain wrong. It is fucked up that we even need to have this discussion. The word should stay with the racist terms like Wetback, gook, Jap, and other racist terms not used anymore except as racist terms.

I think it is sad that the black mainstream pop culture has done so much to desensitize the word themselves that common everyday people INCLUDING blacks, feel it is proper and/or ok to use the word. No one should use it, period.

yes and no.

nigger is a racist word towards blacks. It still holds all past aggression and illthought to blacks.

Nigga has two meanings. It is either an over used word among blacks(Either in music, on TV, on streets, in movies, ect. ect.) that now some other races adpoted to use which is dumb on all accounts. The second is the racist meaning that nigger has, only misspelled.

90% of the world HATES both words and is a reason both are edited out on most TV shows except Dave Chapelle.

I met a gay guy that said "I consider myself progressive and liberal, but San Francisco is a little too over the top there for me. Instead of 'handicapped parking,' they have 'equally enabled parking'".