TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

The No Way Out Prediction Thread

Guest Coffey

Well, I see Kurt Angle & Eddie Guerrero both winning. If I guess on the other matches, they would be shots in the dark. I suppose Nidia will beat Noble...but Noble could always cheat by peeking and hit Nidia with a bomb. Hopefully TSPWGTT will win over APA. Farooq is damn near retired as it is. Holly/Rhyno will be more "smashmouth" bullshit. I don't care about the tag team titles unless Team Angle has them. I guess Chavo could win the Cruiserweight title. It's not like WWE cares about it.

I'll watch it (hopefully) but it's not worth $35.

Guest JMA
Overall: The card is nothing special, but some of the matches could be good if everyone involved brings their A game.

Reading your predictions, you have either two or three (depending on if you pick the high or low number) being good.

OUT OF SEVEN.

BAD show.

You take what you can get with WWE.

Surely you know that by now, right?

Guest Anglesault
Overall: The card is nothing special, but some of the matches could be good if everyone involved brings their A game.

Reading your predictions, you have either two or three (depending on if you pick the high or low number) being good.

OUT OF SEVEN.

BAD show.

You take what you can get with WWE.

I don't follow that mentality.

Guest Mulatto Heat

I think a lot of the cutting down of this PPV's card is due to the fact that this is a Smackdown PPV and with the skills contained within the roster, it comes off as disappointing. However, unlike with the RAW-only PPVs, usually the Smackdown PPVs end up better than they look on paper. But in a revenue sense that's not really an advantage, and as terrible as they were, the first two RAW-only PPVs drew better than the first two Smackdown-only PPVs.

AS is right for not following the "taking what you can get with WWE" mentality. How is that supposed to inspire people to spend?

OUT OF SEVEN.

BAD show.

JMA never said it would be a good show, he said some of the matches could be good. Besides, the only really offensive match on the card is the Nidia/Noble one, and that's surely going to be extemely short. The tag matches and Holly/Rhyno won't be particularly good but shouldn't be truly awful or particularly long. The three matches that will (likely) all be given 15+ minutes have the potential to be good to very good. That's not a bad show by WWE standards at all, it's mediocre at worst. Go on AS, try a little optimism..you might like it!

Guest Anglesault

OUT OF SEVEN.

BAD show.

JMA never said it would be a good show, he said some of the matches could be good. Besides, the only really offensive match on the card is the Nidia/Noble one, and that's surely going to be extemely short. The tag matches and Holly/Rhyno won't be particularly good but shouldn't be truly awful or particularly long. The three matches that will (likely) all be given 15+ minutes have the potential to be good to very good. That's not a bad show by WWE standards at all, it's mediocre at worst.

So the matches will be bad AND short.

Wow, I better lock up my wallet so I don't order this entertainment extrvaganza~! more than once.

Go on AS, try a little optimism..you might like it

Optimism is the most useless human trait on earth.

Wow, I better lock up my wallet so I don't order this entertainment extrvaganza~! more than once.

- Err, not really what I was saying. There will be some mediocre, short matches and some good, long matches.

Go on AS, try a little optimism..you might like it

Optimism is the most useless human trait on earth.

- :( Somebody needs a hug, huh?

Guest Anglesault

- Err, not really what I was saying. There will be some mediocre, short matches

No, not mediocre, BAD.

Noble/Nidia is bad, Rhyno/Holly is bad, WMBTT/Scottkishi is bad, WGTT/APA is bad.

Mediocre is SUCH a stretch.

Somebody needs a hug, huh?

No, I just don't "get" optimism.

Well it's only speculation and opinion and all that but I'd say the only bad match on the card is Noble/Nidia, and the rest at least have potential to be enjoyable. I'm going to bed now anyway so I guess we'll just have to see how they pan out.

...and surely you must be optimistic in some way, or else you wouldn't even bother to watch!

Guest Anglesault
and the rest at least have potential to be enjoyable

Like all those other enjoyable Bob Holly, Basham and APA matches.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Oh, before I forget again, I must say that I think that the No Way Out website fucking SUCKS!

WWE puts minimal effort into the PPV websites these days. The least that they could have done was put a graphic for each match.

I also miss how the PPV sites had full results, photos and videos from previous years.

WWE Title Match

Brock Lesnar © Vs Eddy Guerrero

#1 WWE Title Contender Match

John Cena Vs The Big Show Vs Kurt Angle

Cruiserweight Title Match

Mysterio © w/Paez Vs Chavo Guerrero Jr w/Chavo Sr.

Blindfold Match

Nidia Vs Jamie Knoble

Tag Team Title Handicap Match

Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty © Vs Basham Brothers and Shaniqua

Personally, I enjoyed Hollys match last week with Angle.

I thought some of the Bashams matches as tag champs were quite well done, they aren't bad per se IMO - just un-over and stuck with a shitty gimmick. I also think Scotty is highly watchable in the ring when he's playing the face in peril type of role instead of dancing about and giving people his godawful finisher.

The APA do indeed suck, but I love TWGTT's offense so much I'll probably enjoy parts of that match too.

I'm not saying any or all of these matches will be good or even not bad, but I don't think all of them will be completely devoid of merit. That's all.

Guest Anglesault

Personally, I enjoyed Hollys match last week with Angle.

To each his own.

thought some of the Bashams matches as tag champs were quite well done, they aren't bad per se IMO - just un-over and stuck with a shitty gimmick.

And...SO...BORING.

Well, this looks pretty 'meh'. I don't see it being as bad as AS says personally, because bad cards tend to lower expectations. It won't be good though.

WWE Championship Match, where Eddie might not win even with Goldberg at ringside...*wink wink*

Brock 'La Cucaracha' Lesnar vs Eddie Guerrero

Anyone who thinks Lesnar's going over is wrong. Good match, but we all know who's going over so I'll only be interested in the post match Eddie celebration.

#1 Contendership Match, where Angle might not win to face Eddie at Mania...*wink wink*

John Cena vs Big Show vs Kurt 'Will He Be At 100% OMGDZ~!' Angle

Obvious Angle will win, so again, that'll take away from the match. But the last two triple threat matches Angle has been in on PPV (Vengeance '02 and '03) have been enjoyable. Show was in one of them. Should be fun, but by no means a wrestling classic.

Cruiserweight Title Match, where Rey might lose his mask...*wink wink*

Chavito Guerrero w/Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio w/'The Best Boxer That We Could Afford'

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Paez turned on Rey if it wasn't for the stupid mask stip. After all, according to Cole he's a 'bad apple'. 3 matches, 3 obvious out-comes.

WWE Tag Titles

Too Cool 2K4 vs The Sex Fiends and Shaniqua

I sense a Shaniqua/one Basham title reign just to suck Smackdown up even more. Plus I prefer the Basham to the bastardised Too Cool.

Time Filler Tag Match

The A.P.A vs The World's Newest Tag Jobbers

Come on...Bradshaw can beat Shelton with a bad shoulder, the A.P.A can't lose to the WGTT. I just don't see it.

Time Filler Singles Match, 'This Won't Be Pretty'

Softcore Holly vs Rhyno

Should be stiff. Other than that I have no interest. Obviously only there to give Holly a win.

I heard that Chavo wanted to take off his mask, but I never heard it was belt and mask vs nothing of chavo's

Eddie Guerrero vs WWE Champion Brock Lesnar

Winner: Guerrero

John Cena vs Kurt Angle vs Big Show

Winner: Kurt Angle

Nidia vs Jamie Noble

Winner: Nidia

World's Greatest Tag Team vs A.P.A.

Winners: WGTT

The Bashams vs WWE Tag Champions Scotty and Rikishi

Winners: Bashams

Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio vs Chavo Guerrero

Winner: Rey Mysterio

I might as well put mine down in print just for the record.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Nidia vs Jamie Noble

Winner: Jamie Noble

Winners: Scotty and Rikishi

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Rhyno vs Hardcore Holly

Winner: Rhyno

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Chavito Guerrero w/Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio w/'The Best Boxer That We Could Afford'

I hear Mike Tyson could use the money.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

Nidia vs Jamie Noble

Winner: Nidia

Winners: Scotty and Rikishi (to drop it to WGTT at WM)

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr. (if it's about the mask as well I pick Rey, of course)

World Angry Man Contest Runner-Up Hardcore Holly vs T-Rex Arms

Winner: Hardcore, because they hate Rhyno