TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

A New International Tournament

Speaking of the success of the Americas X Cup, I hear there's already talk of another international tournament taking place in TNA in the near future. We might even get some news as early as this Wednesday night! Rumor even has it that a THIRD country could be involved in this even bigger event!

-from Bill Bank's column

It will probably end up Canada, but there is hope.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This is funny. I was watching a Puro tape with some Jushin Liger matches and was wondering how cool would it be if he came to TNA for a tournament like TNA vs. AAA. Sure, Liger is past his prime, but it was just wishful thinking.

If we get Canada, we'll probably get Eric Young & Teddy Hart as 2 guys already. Harry Smith too probably.

Guest Dynamite Kido

How about an 8 man single elimination tournment with 2 usa guys, 2 mexico guys, 2 japanese guys, 2 canada guys. I think that would be a solid tournament if they brought in the right talent....or at least has potential to be good

I dig that idea.

US

Homicide

Christopher Daniels

Canada

Teddy Hart

Harry Smith

Mexico

Juventud Guerrera

somebody else from AAA, since that's the company they have a working relationship with

Japan

KENTA

Marufuji

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I actually liked the idea they had for AAA vs. TNA guys, but it would be better with 3 teams or more.

Don't they need to win the Cup back first?

Anyway...New Japan is still listed as a promotional partner with TNA on the TNA website. That was supposed to be due to the imminent Hogan deal with both companies...which didn't happen. But it would be real cool if that could happen.

They also partner with IWA in Puerto Rico...but I've watched enough IWA to know there aren't 4 cruiserweights on the enitre roster.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Don't they need to win the Cup back first?

Anyway...New Japan is still listed as a promotional partner with TNA on the TNA website. That was supposed to be due to the imminent Hogan deal with both companies...which didn't happen. But it would be real cool if that could happen.

They also partner with IWA in Puerto Rico...but I've watched enough IWA to know there aren't 4 cruiserweights on the enitre roster.

Do they even have 4 talented people? The only guy I liked was Abyss and TNA grabbed him. Apolo (el Leon) is iffy, band other than them, eh.

Guest Markingout

Jack Evans

Teddy Hart

Harry Smith

Pete Wilson

That should be the Canadian team if they do this again. Kind of sounds like team MLW

BPS,how could you enjoy IWA PR? That is worse than WWE. The crusiers that they have Diablo and someone else work more of a heavyweight style than Chris Jericho or Eddie Guerrero. People complain about WWE. Not too mention the fact that all of there wrestlers suck,and there announcers are so damn bad its hilarious. IWA PR is the absolute worst. Ok I am done now.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Seriously, I get IWA Total Impact every week, and it's seriously unwatchable. I WILL NOT pay to see anyone on their roster wrestle on PPV, that is for damn sure.

Guest OSIcon

Jacks Evans would get over huge with his spot and would be great for multi-person matches. They would have to protect him in a singles match though and I have yet to see TNA properly protect anyone.

Teddy Hart is an obvious choice. I would add TJ Wilson in as he is probably one of the more solid all around workers to chose from and has enough flash that he would be able to get over. The fourth choice is up in the air, though Harry Smith seems logical are in his name alone, and the fact that he was already in TNA.

I wouldn't hold my breath for TNA to work out a deal with NOAH to bring in KENTA and Marufuji. New Japan seems more likely, but I even think that is questionable.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Seriously, I get IWA Total Impact every week, and it's seriously unwatchable. I WILL NOT pay to see anyone on their roster wrestle on PPV, that is for damn sure.

Abyss is from IWA Puerto Rico...

And damn I can't stop laughing at everyones avatar sig "I'm Rick James BITCH"

Guest Dynamite Kido

Abyss is the only exception, plus I WOULDN'T watch him fight anyone on their roster either.

ALso, I am Rick James BITCH!!!!!!!! :P

james_rick~_bustinout_101b.jpg

Guest The Last Free Voice

Jack Evans just trained with the Canadians, he's actually from Washington State.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Abyss is the only exception, plus I WOULDN'T watch him fight anyone on their roster either.

ALso, I am Rick James BITCH!!!!!!!! :P

james_rick~_bustinout_101b.jpg

And just to show how bad the roster is, here's last weeks show's matches:

- (IWA: Puerto Rico Total Impact: 2/6/04):

Paparazzi vs. Noriega

(IWA Tag Team Titles) Miguel Perez & Hardcore Castillo © vs. Stefano & Chicano

David Flair vs. Victor The Bodyguard

Shane vs. Bison

When the only guys I recognize are a Los Boricua member and DAVID FREAKING FLAIR, there is something wrong.

Guest Dynamite Kido
And just to show how bad the roster is, here's last weeks show's matches:

- (IWA: Puerto Rico Total Impact: 2/6/04):

Paparazzi vs. Noriega

(IWA Tag Team Titles) Miguel Perez & Hardcore Castillo © vs. Stefano & Chicano

David Flair vs. Victor The Bodyguard

Shane vs. Bison

When the only guys I recognize are a Los Boricua member and DAVID FREAKING FLAIR, there is something wrong.

*remembers IWA show from last week*

:throwup:

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
That tag match was good.

I still haven't deleted it from my DVR because I enjoyed it and want to see it again.

Hmm., I guess I'll check it out again, even though the commentators suck.

Guest Dynamite Kido
The commentators are the worst ever...no doubt about that.

And the match style is bad...and the workers are too.

But I liked that tag match...and I enjoy it as a free show I can fast forward through.

Honestly though, save wrestling from the 50's , but have you ever seen slower paced wrestling than IWA???

Guest OSIcon
Jack Evans just trained with the Canadians, he's actually from Washington State.

Right. Although in wrestling, "details" like that can be and are often brushed a side for the sake of building the best show possible.

Either way, it would be interesting to see Evans in TNA as his offense, from a strictly "awe" standpoint, blows away most everything in the X-Division. Although, he still would possibly have to be protected in singles matches to overcome his short comings. Seeing as though many wrestlers in the X-Division have these short comings also and aren't protected, I doubt he would be.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Damn IWA had to be sandwiched in between TNA Xplosion and MLW Underground. Well, since MLW is done, I assume the TV show will be taken off soon so I only have to worry about Xplosion.

Which reminds me, will tonight just be a Americas Cup recap, or do they have squash matches to air?

Unfortunately I hate to report.......but the plan was, as of a few weeks ago, to have some sort of involvement with IWA PR at the next taped show, according to Meltzer. I'm not too convinced that it will be an X division thing though, they might go more towards working in a hardcore environment or something, I'm not sure.

And I'm not really interested in this news either, like the majority. Would much rather see a NJPW or NOAH involvement in a tournament. I think the first step though is to continue this deal with AAA and bring them back for another "Cup" perhaps defending against a few countries, as someone else said. That would make for a cool show.

Guest Coffey

I don't know enough about foreign regions or minor leagues to suggest anyone, however as long as they put on good matches this time, I don't see why this can't be successful.

Perhaps NWA could use Christopher Daniels next time? Or even Low-Ki if he is around. Maybe Spanky or American Dragon will be available?

Just less Abyssmal Abismo Negro please.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
I don't know enough about foreign regions or minor leagues to suggest anyone, however as long as they put on good matches this time, I don't see why this can't be successful.

Perhaps NWA could use Christopher Daniels next time? Or even Low-Ki if he is around. Maybe Spanky or American Dragon will be available?

Agreed, although if they had already turned face, they probably would have been on the Americas X Cup. Damn Mantel booking slower than fuck.

Guest Dynamite Kido

We'll see, next thing you know he will be facing Jarrett for the title at their super card.