TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

2/16 WWE Observer Notes

Guest Salacious Crumb
So anyone else think "WWE Films" is going to bankrupt Vince?  I mean they want that HHH western to be a theatrical release which would be a 100 million loss for them easy.

Huh? 'Theatrical Release' doesn't mean that it will have a 50+ million budget. What gave you that idea?

Because it won't make 20 million and it'll cost them at least 100 million to get this in theatres. It's more expensive than doing a home release.

EDIT: I'm also fairly sure no theatre is going to want to pay to play a WWF production which means in the end the WWF will probably shell out money to get this played because they have this odd belief that Triple H is a draw and another Rock.

Guest MikeSC
So anyone else think "WWE Films" is going to bankrupt Vince?  I mean they want that HHH western to be a theatrical release which would be a 100 million loss for them easy.

Huh? 'Theatrical Release' doesn't mean that it will have a 50+ million budget. What gave you that idea?

Because it won't make 20 million and it'll cost them at least 100 million to get this in theatres. It's more expensive than doing a home release.

EDIT: I'm also fairly sure no theatre is going to want to pay to play a WWF production which means in the end the WWF will probably shell out money to get this played because they have this odd belief that Triple H is a draw and another Rock.

Um, don't quite a few movies cost less than $100M to hit the theatres?

I'm fairly certain that "Blair Witch" and "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" went national for considerably less than $100M.

-=Mike

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR

HHH in a western?Who is he going to be?Hoppalong Helmsley or the Steroid Ranger?

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR
Speculation is that Benoit will still win the title at Mania, although many are wondering if Vince will go all the way with the plan because of the recent crowd reactions to Benoit on Raw.

You mean the fact that they've been CHEERING him?

Not that he's getting Cena-size pops, but still. How fucking loud's the crowd gotta be, Vince?

When you are not a homegrown WWE superstar the pops need to be as loud as Austin's or Rocky's, but look at RVD, he is still getting loud pops and Vince refuses to listen.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
Sorry but if Brett Hart returns it should be at Wrestlemania XX. I understand not wanting to over shadow Chris Benoit's title win..assuming it happens. Just make Brett's appearance earlier in the show.

How long will it take people to realize that Bret is only spelled with one "t" ? :-p

Guest Your Olympic Hero
HHH in a western?Who is he going to be?Hoppalong Helmsley or the Steroid Ranger?

the Crippled Cowpoke HHHopalong HHHelmsley. He unleashes the YJ Stinger bees on the evil doers 'round these parts.