TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlackFlagg

Brosnan to play Bond again....

MGM has reupped its first-look deal with Irish DreamTime, the production company run by Pierce Brosnan and Beau St. Clair, reports Variety. The company is developing several Brosnan vehicles at the studio, including The Thomas Crown Affair 2 and the actioner Mexicali.

Brosnan is also expected to return for a fifth outing as British secret agent James Bond. The 21st film in MGM's spy series is being readied for a November 2005 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3434

Guest El Satanico
So Mos Def is out of the running for the next Bond?  :angry:

um...what...where did that come from

A reference to Mos Def being Bond just out of nowhere? How bizarre...

God damnit the reference better not be linked to Mos Def's role on The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I've been arguing with people acting like him getting the role is the end of the world for two weeks now on IMDB's message board. IMDB's message board is an awful place, which continues to draw me back for some sick reason...I really don't want to be reminded of it here.

As much as I like Brosnan as Bond, I was kinda looking forward to a new Bond, just as a change of pace.

Waittaminute - they're making Thomas Crown Affair 2?!?! The first one wasn't even that good!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
MGM has reupped its first-look deal with Irish DreamTime, the production company run by Pierce Brosnan and Beau St. Clair, reports Variety. The company is developing several Brosnan vehicles at the studio, including The Thomas Crown Affair 2 and the actioner Mexicali.

Brosnan is also expected to return for a fifth outing as British secret agent James Bond. The 21st film in MGM's spy series is being readied for a November 2005 release.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3434

That doesn't prove anything.

He's still not under contract yet.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
*paging BondBoy*

This IS a thread about Bond, Mole.

Sorry to hear about Angel, it was tough to read the thread through the tears, believe me.

Latest Report From EON and ianfleming.com:

Eon Productions tells Empire Online that Pierce Brosnan is not under contract for Bond 21 at this stage - but still considers him "our James Bond."

Eon Productions' publicity manager Catherine McCormack told the site, "For now, Pierce Brosnan is our James Bond. We haven't made any statement to say he isn't our James Bond."

Empire Online quotes McCormack as saying, "It's so difficult to comment when we don't have a script or even a start date." She added that Brosnan initially signed a three picture deal with Eon Productions, and, "he hasn't signed one, yet" for Bond 21.

McCormack's comments to Empire come after a week of conflicting reports in print and internet outlets as to Brosnan's continued involvement with the series.

Guest El Satanico

Well I wouldn't be so quick to accept this as being true. One of the stories we've heard is false.