TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

ECW...errr...3PW....returns to Viking Hall

Credit to their official site, 3PWrestling.com

MAIN EVENT - FOR THE 3PW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:

RAVEN defends against former champ "PITBULL" GARY WOLFE... IN A DOG COLLAR MATCH!

The two most powerful forces in 3PW's two year history collide as Raven, who reigns supreme as both 3PW Champion AND commissioner, has agreed to put his championship on the line against Pro-Pain Pro's overall most dominant player, two-time former champ "Pitbull" Gary Wolfe, in the challenger's favorite type of match.

Raven has reached a career high since returning to 3PW. Reigning supreme over the locker room AND the boardroom, it goes without saying that what he wants, he gets. He has already used a combination of mind games and his newfound power to win the 3PW Championship, create matches at will, and eliminate the threat of the Sandman. Now, the seemingly omnipotent Raven finds himself challenged once again, this time by a man who will stop at absolutely nothing to regain what he feels he never lost in the first place.

Gary Wolfe has never been the same since losing the 3PW title on June 21st, 2003. The first-ever (and two-time) champ truly felt that he DESERVED to be the champion. Convinced he was robbed, the honor and competitive spirit that once resided within Wolfe was replaced by bitterness, misplaced aggression, and a frightening obsession with regaining the belt. No longer caring about his reputation or popularity, he began lashing out, attempting to destroy anyone in his way. From The Sandman to Damian Adams to Wifebeater to even Jimmy Snuka, nobody has been safe.

Now, after all this time, the Pitbull finally gets the opportunity that he has thirsted for all this time. He certainly has history on his side. After all, it was September 16th, 1995 when The Pitbulls defeated Raven and Stevie Richards for the ECW Tag Championships in a dog collar match that is widely regarded as one of the best ever.

Hell, it was one year ago, at 3PW's FIRST Anniversary event, which saw Wolfe cut short the debuting Raven's surprise bid for the title by cleanly defeating him in the middle of the ring. In other words, "The Pitbull" is clearly capable of defeating Raven, but those were different times. The old Pitbull was simply dominant: the new, darker one may just be unstoppable.

In any case, it's no longer just about winning a championship for Gary Wolfe: indeed, he has made this quest the focus of his entire being, his entire LIFE, and on February 21st, it will be do or die for the Pitbull. Can he finally regain the championship that he so desperately craves? Or will Raven once again use his stroke to his advantage and find a way to retain the gold?

3PW has just learned that none other than SLYK WAGNER BROWN and APRIL HUNTER will be in the house for our Second Anniversary Show on February 21st.

Arguably the biggest breakout stars of 2003 in the wrestling world, Slyk and April have become highly sought after talent, both collectively and individually.

Using the motto "Don't Hate...appreciate", Slyk has made the wrestling world do just that, winning championships and fans all over the US, in Europe, and even in Puerto Rico with his unique combination of power and ability. Meanwhile, April has done just as well for herself, dominating members of both genders wherever she goes.

As a testimonial to this former Playboy Playmate's skills, Hunter was one of very few women in this country to be invited on a Japanese tour for the A to Z Women's promotion. Separately, the master of the "Slyk Slam" and the former NWO girl are tough to beat... together, they may be unstoppable.

Only one problem: neither Slyk nor April has been scheduled for a match on February 21st. What, then, do they have in store as they make their debut in the world's most infamous arena? On Saturday, February 21st, we will all find out!

#1 CONTENDER'S MATCH: WINNER GETS A TITLE SHOT IN MARCH!

JERRY LYNN takes on JOEY MATTHEWS

In what should be a potential match-of-the-year candidate, 3PW will put "The New F'N Show" and "The New School" in the ring to determine who gets next crack at the 3PW Heavyweight Championship, an opportunity that both men have coveted for quite some time. Matthews has been claiming that he should be recognized as one of wrestling's elite talents, and, love him or hate him, it's hard to argue that point when you consider his recent pinfall victories over the likes of Low-Ki and AJ Styles. A win over Lynn will unquestionably cement his status as a top-level grappler, and will put him one step closer to becoming top dog in Pro-Pain Pro.

Meanwhile, Lynn has returned to Philadelphia with hopes of once again reigning supreme in the wrestling capitol of the world. In addition to his amazing athletic prowess, the former ECW Champ has a wealth of experience, and will not easily be outsmarted by Matthew's typical cheap tactics. He has already been to the top of the mountain that Matthews is trying to climb, and wants to prove himself by doing it once again. Can Jerry Lynn prove himself to be the superior wrestler and rightful #1 contender, or will Matthews knock off another top-level competitor en route to an opportunity at ultimate glory?

CULT HEROES COLLIDE!

SABU takes on ROADKILL

One is a revolutionary high-flyer of Indian descent with a penchant for putting his body on the line. The other is a super heavyweight Amish man with an alleged lusting for sheep. On the surface, the "homicidal, genocidal, suicidal maniac" and the "angry Amish warrior" seem like total opposites. Yet, they do have several things in common. Both have been very successful in 3PW. Both speak very rarely, letting their actions speak for them. Most importantly, both have garnered intensely loyal followings over the years, despite neither truly fitting the classic "corporate model" of what a superstar should be. In their own ways, each man changed the business instead of letting the business change them, and have become two of Philadelphia's (and the world's) most beloved competitors on their own terms. On February 21st, as we celebrate two years of Blood, Brawls, Broads, and in Roadkill's case, barnyard animals, Sabu and Roadkill will go head-to-head in perhaps the most unique match in 3PW's history.

The return of "HOT STUFF" STRIKER!

Is he a lunatic or a genius? Is he showing respect to wrestling's past or mocking it? We may never know for sure, but we DO know that "Hot Stuff" Striker is set to return to 3PW on February 21st, and he says he has something HUGE planned for the occasion. After imitating (and in some cases, pissing off) the likes of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and countless others, what could "Hot Stuff" possibly have up his sleeve for our anniversary event?

SPECIAL GRUDGE MATCH

NWA Florida's Roderick Strong takes on Mikey Batts

At 3PW's Second Anniversary show, 3PW will host a grudge match months in the making and 1200 miles from where it started. Roderick Strong and Mikey Batts will square off in Indy wrestling's most famous arena for the first time. This is however, not their first confrontation. Their feud has torn up the rings of NWA Florida to the point where NWA Florida matchmakers would not put the two in the ring together for fear of their safety.

When 3PW officials signed Roderick to appear on February 21st, Mikey Batts sprung into action. E-mails and phone calls flooded 3PW's offices until 3PW Officials granted Mikey his wish and put him against Roderick. Mikey has waited months to get his hands back on Strong and only 3PW would give him that chance. Strong, upon hearing that 3PW had penciled in Batts to be his opponent, sprung into action himself. The former NWA Florida X Champion immediately secured the services of one of wrestling's most brilliant and most evil minds "The Hardcore Giant" Ron Neimi. Neimi may give Strong an advantage but that will do nothing but fan the flames of this HOT feud.

Thoughts?

Raven/Wolfe...meh. I mean, their ECW tag match was classic, but one-on-one, Wolfe sucks, and Raven's divineness can't give him much hope, LOL.

Matthews/Lynn I'm high on...Matthews has really been showing stuff as of late, and Lynn is God, as he has been for the last decade.

Sabu/Roadkill? Did this ever happen in ECW? Could be good, and Roadkill does rule (along with Sabu), but this is somewhat of a styles clash. I'll try to be positive, because it does have hope, though.

Striker's return: No complaints here. Striker's fuckin boss, man. I love him (in a heterosexual way).

Strong/Batts: Batts is Billy Kidman's cousin and definitely knows his stuff, as does Strong, and the fact that they've worked together before and even feuded can only help in how well the match is layed out.

So, anyone going to the show? Anyone looking forward to the card? Not looking forward to it? Wanting to hug Meanie and Jasmin for putting on such a good show? Wanting to stab Meanie and Jasmin for putting on such a shitty show? LET IT BE KNOWN!

Is Wolfe best friends with Meanie? Cause that's the only thing I can think of that would give him his 3PW push. He's not great in the ring and duller than batshit on the mic.

Sabu/Roadkill? Did this ever happen in ECW? Could be good, and Roadkill does rule (along with Sabu), but this is somewhat of a styles clash. I'll try to be positive, because it does have hope, though.

Yeah, it did (a few times actually) it was when Roadkill was a rookie so Sabu squashed him IIRC.

Damnit, WTF does IIRC stand for?!?!??! It's been bugging me for SO long!

Me to. But as it happens, I think I just worked it out a few minutes ago, after reading a different thread.

"If I Remember Correctly" ?????

3PW returned to the ECW Arena last night for its Second Anniversary show before a late-arriving crowd of around 400.

Derek Wylde defeated Rob Eckos in 6:47 with a reverse powerbomb.

Joey Matthews came out and cut a promo to set up the night's main event (switched around after Roadkill missed the show with the flu and his scheduled match with Sabu) about how "he is the most underrated and underutilized talent not under contract in North America today" (well, he IS working for Ohio Valley Wrestling...but is technically not under a developmental contract). He promised to beat Jerry Lynn and earn a shot at 3PW Champion Raven. Raven, as 3PW "commissioner", said he'd make the Matthews-Lynn match a three way adding Sabu.

The program for Matthews has been set up beautifully as the promotion has had him put over in consecutive months by Low Ki and AJ Styles...and as you'll see at the end...is continuing the process.

Slyk Wagner Brown (with April Hunter) defeated "Shooter" Mike Kruel with a Razor's Edge into a facefirst powerbomb.

In the match of the night, NWA Florida brought in a match for its vacant X Division title as Roderick Strong (with Ron Niemi) defeated Mikey Batts to win the vacant NWA Florida X-Division Title in 8 minutes. These two went full bore for 8 minutes and won over the crowd with their match.

Striker did another of his hilarious 80's gimmick impressions, coming out to Pomp and Circumstance as "Macho Man" Striker, doing a killer hilarious impression of Randy Savage, cutting a promo in classic Savage style (including stopping to say "Click here to buy my CD" ala the ad on 1wrestling.com)...and saying "Dig it" after every sentence, as well as throwing out Slim Jims to the crowd

Ruckus and Damian Adams ended in a double countout after ten minutes of action. The finish was a spot with two tables set up at ringside, both fighting on top of the turnbuckle, then falling backwards to the floor, each crashing through a table and were counted out.

Rockin' Rebel and Jack Victory defeated The Blue Meanie and CJ O'Doyle. The finish saw O'Doyle miss a clothesline and hit Meanie, followed by Jack Victory pinning Meaniem while Rebel knocked O'Doyle out of the ring.

"Macho Man" Striker (with Miss Talia) defeated Monsta Mack with a top rope elbow. This was hilarious with Striker beign dead on with every conceivable classic Savage spot. Along with a decent match...Striker had people laughing so hard their sides hurt with these Savage spots.

3PW Champion Raven defeated Pitbull Gary Wolfe in a dog collar chain match to retain his title. This wound up your basic ECW all-Arena brawl. The finish saw Jack Victory spear Wolfe through a table that was set up in a corner (to crowd chants of "Gore, Gore, Gore"), with Raven then getting the pinfall.

In an excellent match, Joey Matthews defeated Sabu and Jerry Lynn in a three way match in 16:11. As I said before, Matthews has gotten a well-done three month long push ...which took its next step with Matthews taking Lynn's cradle piledriver and Sabu's Triple Jump Moonsault and kicking out. The match was overall as good as you'd expect with all three men bringing their "A game" last night.

The finish saw Sabu legdrop Lynn face first through a table, immediately followed by Matthews doing a "smashmouth" chair throw at Sabu's head, then covering Lynn for the win. Post-match, Raven came to the ring and said he wanted to shake Matthews hand, but predictably DDT'd him instead.

3PW returns on March 20 with Raven-Joey Matthews the only match announced.

meh.

I respect Meanie for keeping this promotion viable, but I continue to be underimpressed by the sound of their shows.

Too much Sabu and Gary Wolfe I think. I do like the push they're giving Joey Matthews, but where's Christian York these days?

meh.

I respect Meanie for keeping this promotion viable, but I continue to be underimpressed by the sound of their shows.

Too much Sabu and Gary Wolfe I think. I do like the push they're giving Joey Matthews, but where's Christian York these days?

Yeah Matthews did win me over last night. I'll be rooting for him to take the belt next month.