TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

This week:

The Machinist- 8/10

I'd have felt devastated for Christian Bale if this was anything less than great after the sacrfice he made. Thankfully it lived up to the hype, really built up well to the final twist.

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed And Fabulous- 2/10

One of these points is for Shatner, the other is for Ernie Hudson.

Monday: Be Cool - 6/10 (Very funny, but definitely had its flaws, and Travolta's Chili Palmer character annoys me. Rock was fun in his role, and Vince Vaughn, IMO, stole the show. Thurman was nothing special here.)

Yesterday: Gia - 7/10 (Very sad story, nice portrayal of Gia Marie Carangi's life. Angelina Jolie does a SUPERB job in this film, far better than the Lara Croft films.)

Guest croweater

Robots: 2/10 - It's shiney and colourful, but not funny and illogical

A very long engagement: 7/10. Not quite up to the standards of Amelie, but still very entertaining.

becool_earlyposter.jpg

Be Cool (7/10)

Basically a copy of the orignal "Get Shorty" but it still has plenty of entertaining moments with The Rock and Vince Vaughn giving top comedy performances.

I watched Spike Lee's He Got Game tonight, starring Denzel Washington. Good basketball film; of course, it's nowhere near as good as Hoop Dreams. Washington carried the film in this, although Milla Jovovich as a beat-up hooker was fun. Ray Allen, as we all know, is a real-life NBA player, so his roles of being torn over which college to attend probably wasn't that hard for him to play. He does it well, though. My girl Rosario Dawson's in this as well and aside from a VERY brief topless scene, there's not much to note here of her work. At least this was one of those movies where she doesn't have to fake an accent. The film did a great job of showing symbolism, from showing the similarities between father and son, as well as the shade of jealousy shown from the amusement park lights that Allen and Dawson have in their last scene together. Fine work by Lee in portraying that.

7/10

Guest Posada20

10004499.jpg

Kung Fu Hustle 9/10

Thumbs up from me. I got the dvd last week and have watched it twice already.