TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Have you ever rated a movie below a five out of ten, BlackFlagg? Not that I'm paying attention really, but you adore every movie you've mentioned on the previous page.

I'm about to watch Rear Window or a Sherlock Holmes movie starring Basil Rathbone. I haven't decided which. Probably Sherlock because I've seen Rear Window a dozen times or so.

Guest MikeSC

For me, it was Dark Water.

That was, hands down, the worst "horror" movie I've seen this year. It managed to be even worse than "House of Wax", which is by no means a small feat. They spend so much of the movie on a backstory you don't care about, and finish it quickly with a conclusion you won't like.

2/10. And that is likely being generous. Ugh.

new_thing_se_l.jpg

The Thing-10/10

BLIT1429.JPG

I Drink Your Blood-8/10. If you enjoy trashy grindhouse exploitation fair with rabies, gore, sex, nudity, drugs, Satanic Mansonite cults, bad acting, unintentional comedy, and more, then this is the movie for you. I mean come on, a guy says this: “Let it be known, sons and daughters, that Satan was an acidhead! Drink from this cup, cleanse yourselves, and together we’ll all freak out!” Whats not to love?

2211-large.jpg

8 Heads In A Duffel Bag- 6/10

Not the total duffer I'd been led to believe. It may have been Pesci on autopilot, but it was suitably fun and any film where Joe Pesci tortures David Spade has to be decent

shattered-glass-poster01.jpg

Shattered Glass- 9/10

Great performances for Christensen and Zahn, but Peter Sarsgaard is sensational as the unpopular editor trying to do right. Watching Glass' deceit slowly fall apart as his lies get unravelled is fascinating viewing

B0009KQP7S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Rottweiler-3/10. Shitty movie from Brian Yuzna, who's last movie (Beyond Re-Animator) was pretty sweet IMO. This completely sucks though, with the exception of 3 things: 1.) Paul Naschy's performance, 2.) The horny lady, and 3.) A hilarious scene with a chicken. Other than that, it's a disaster, and should be avoided.

Recently:

1800024386p.jpg

Scream 2 (8/10)

Even better than the original while sticking to the rules of the sequel with a higher, bloodier bodycount topped with a liberal dose of knowing humour.

1800350977p.jpg

Scream 3 (7/10)

Certainly not as good as the first two films but still a good film. Granted, at times it seems like a parody of the scream films by using the traits bashed in the first two film but it's better than most films in the teen horror genre. However, it seems to be a bit long with it dragging in the middle part.

themachinist_secondposter.jpg

The Machinist (8/10)

The film had me confused, in a good way all the way throught until the conclusion. It's also nice to see a film build a world slowly without the need for a big setpiece every fifteen minutes.

B0000E32YJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gigantic: A Tale Of Two Johns- 9/10

One of the more entertaining and endearing rock documentaries I've seen, helped by the fact that I'm a big TMBG fan. Some genuine laugh-out-loud moments and a great list of guest appearances all add to the film too

Guest El Satanico

Dead & Buried 7/10

Videodrome 9/10

The Life Aquatic 7/10

Kinsey 9/10

Seed of Chucky 5/10

The Graduate 8/10