TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mikey2Dope

The "What Film(s) Did You Watch Today" Thread

"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe" - 9/10

Great adaptation of Lewis's classic. They did pretty much everything right with this one, and the movie's absolutely delightful, although I don't know if it's really appropriate for younger children to see, because the scene where Aslan is sacrificed is pretty dark and the battle scenes towards the end of the film are quite intense. Two other things:

1) Anyone bitching about the movie being too Christian or full of too much Christian symbolism is full of shit. Unless you personally had read the books AND been aware of the specific Christian symbolism Lewis used in the book, you wouldn't even notice any of it in the movie. Outside of Aslan's resurrection, there wasn't anything in this even rthat was overtly Christian.

2) Tilda Swinton is inexplicably attractive. She kind of, ahem, did it for me in this film.

poster.jpg

Creep-7.5/10 Suprisingly Good slasher flick.

Over the past two nights (Wednesday and Thursday)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1958 original)-10/10.

Kinsey-5/10 Probably one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen. Great performance from Liam Neeson though.

City of God-10/10 This sucker really should have been nominated for best picture.

Guest Evolution

Red-Eye - 7/10

Best Craven movie I've seen in quite a spell, but unfortunately Cillian Murphy is such a good actor, in my opinion anyway, that I was definitely rooting for him towards the end, no matter how many bad things he did. Other than that, only a couple of other things irked me, but it was a really good attempt with two great leads.

Lantana

7/10

Stars off slowly in that there isn't really a story to the movie till about halfway through, then it picks up and really has some punch to it. I think the ending was slightly too rewarding for the one main character and I don't think they played enough with certain plot threads (Man in the diner/ran into him jogging coincidence, the heart condition) but in all a very enjoyable slow-paced drama.

"Batman Begins"- 6/10 on my personal rating scale (I can see you disagreeing already)

Decent stuff, but I thought it was really disappointing. Screw trying to keep it "realistic", give me something fun. I prefer Batman Forever every way as it has the hotter chick, more memorable (yet not necessarily better) performances, better Batmobile, incredibly over-the-top villains, a better soundtrack, cool 90's dialogue that is often hilarious, cooler gadgets and a much better ending (Begins' reminded me WAY too much of Daredevil's). Plus those CGI bats were awful.

I did not expect what I saw at all with this film. I got "Batman Art House" when I wanted "Batman Comic Book". I don't mind the widespread approval of the film (even if it is ranked higher on the IMDB than Heat and the friggin' Exorcist) as I can see why it would appeal to a lot of people, especially those who don't like comic book movies. However, I'll stick with the original, flashier, more interesting set of films-- minus Batman and Robin. That one was just terrible.

Is it just me or did Cillian Murphy/Katie Holmes/that kid who Batman gave that thing to all look the same? I swear, they all have similar facial structures.

Unnecessary Author's Note- This has taken me forever to type because I have been drinking a bit.

Hitch: I didn't expect anything from this movie. Kevin James and Will Smith played very well IMO. I'm not really a fan of Eva Mendes because she is always being used as the hot chick every guy wants but I'm not really digging her, but she did a fine job in Hitch. The movie gets a 7/10.

Boat Trip: Everytime I see Cuba Gooding Junior I think "damn that guy looks a lot like D'Lo Brown", he even does the same weird moves. Saw the movie for the second time and it didn't bore me. Funny movie, hot girls, good acting. 8/10

Guest wildpegasus

Mr and Ms. Smith 3.5/10

There were moments which were actually funny but this really dragged. The car chase was really good.

The music songs they had in the background at times were just stupid.

40 Year Old Virgin 2/10

Very dissapointing.

MEAN GIRLS 8.7/10

Very, very good and I was surprised on how good this was. Really smart movie that made you think. Destroyed the other 2 movies.

Four Brothers - 7/10

The Forgotten - 4.5/10

Hustle & Flow - 7.5/10

Jarhead - 6.5/10

Guest tony manero

B0009PZ8L2.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

WOW. 9/10.

One of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen. Daphne Zuniga should've been a much, much bigger star.

I watched Run, Ronnie, Run on my local Fox affiliate and I can see why Bob and David dislike the movie. It is very sappy (complete with corny music playing over the sappy parts) and formulaic. It will no doubt me a big disappointment to hardcore Mr. Show fans. Bob and David claim the director double crossed them and totally changed the movie in post production. There are some very funny parts and some great cameos but the movie overall falls short. I also have to say that it became clear that Bob Odenkirk was the real star of Mr. Show. He is down right more naturally funny than David and a far better actor.

6/10